Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Stocks aren't showing up  (Read 2104 times)
omega941
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: September 25, 2016, 11:34:00 AM »

I'm having trouble getting my stocks to show after a match has ended. I just recently stared working the the PM EX build and I've only just started adding characters and editing cosmetics. I watched some tutorials on the matter but I still can't seem to figure out what I've done wrong. From what I saw i figured that you just add the stocks you want to use in the sc_selcharacter file and then they should show up during and after a match. I realized that isn't the case tho. can someone help me figure this out?

Xirvet
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 04:15:44 AM »

That's actually really simple. The stocks are taken in different files depending on the situation. The stocks in sc_selcharacter are only used for menus like classic mode's character select screen. During batle, the game uses info.pac and retrieves the stock icons from that file. In your case, I assume you use PM's HUD in battle and that one dosen't have character-specific stocks in battle (it has generic ones) so no need to worry about that. As for the stocks after the match, the game takes them from STGRESULT.pac which can be a bit tricky. You can find that file in the stages folder in the melee sub-category. In there you go to MiscData[120], this is where you add your stock icons. Once your textures are there, you then go into MiscData[110], there you will find the pat0 entry named InfStockFace (or something similar), add the entries for your stock icons there (make sure the frame count is one higher than your highest number stock icon (for example, if your highest number icon is InfStock.1845 then make your frame count 1846) Hope this helps you!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 04:20:45 AM by Xirvet » Logged

omega941
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 10:51:10 PM »

Thank you sooo much. Ive been struggling with these stupid stocks for the last couple days now. I figured you had to put it in a results pac somewhere but i didn't know where in the hell it was. I really appreciate this so thanks again

Xirvet
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 04:52:39 AM »

Thank you sooo much. Ive been struggling with these stupid stocks for the last couple days now. I figured you had to put it in a results pac somewhere but i didn't know where in the hell it was. I really appreciate this so thanks again
You're welcome! Don't forget to add [Solved] to the topic!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: