Quick Question about the newest version of Brawl Box (v0.78 hotfix)

Started by Luigis-Spaghetti, March 28, 2017, 05:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

My question is can I rename BrawlBox.exe to include to include the version number or will that stop it from functioning properly? My computer will not recognize the new version of Brawl Box as a program that can open .pac files unless I rename it, but what I'm not sure about is if the renaming breaks the program, because when I do rename it, it crashes before even opening and I get the windows is looking for solutions window. Thanks for reading, and have a great day!

Right click the pac file you want to edit, select "Open With". Then navigate to the new version of BB and make sure "use this to open all Pac files" is selected. Do this with all the BB filetypes and you'll be fine.

Or alternatively, put it on your toolbar, open it and drag in the files you want to use.

Hope I helped. :kdance:

Yeah, that's what I've tried, but it won't be added to the list of programs to open the file.
But you can drag files into BrawlBox? Nice! That could help for sure!

P.S. I don't think sm4sh modding killed this site, if Legacy TE is anything to go by  ;)

Do you have multiple Brawlbox's in the same folder? If so, then re- downloading each version into a separate folder should theoretically fix the problem; hope this helps