Brawl Young Link [Toon port soon, melee weapons too !)

Started by Pik, May 17, 2010, 12:09:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

May 17, 2010, 12:09:59 AM Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 07:37:15 PM by Marty Mcfly

Here's a small FAQ, just to clear things up:

How are you going to resize him?
Instead of vertexing, I'll do it through bone editing. What I'm basically doing is resizing Link's YRot bone (it's seldomly used and effects his entire model) and renaming it, that way it won't be effected by his MotionEtc. One slot.

Why didn't you choose TL in the first place? I mean, come on, you're porting this over to him!
When I made this mod, my primary goal was the model's appearance. Things can look great when textured on; but Link has a strap, modeled face, extra details that I could work with. I was going for higher detail.

The only thing stopping me from releasing this is the expression problems. Once that's through it'll be ready.




http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/2679/masksz.png



(hopefully this thread will stay alive, am I right?)

Second shot taken by dpgthirteen.




Quote from:  OLD POST
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


This is excellent. Keep up the good work.
Any chance that you're shrinking the model to look appropriate for the face?

I feel like I have just been smacked in the face by a bag of "omg, that's fricken sweet"

Mabey have for an alternate costume have him have a deku stick and sheild. And also the bow design could be oot and then the majoras mask design. Also majoras mask hookshot please. This is looking like apromising project nice job.

Not going to lie...The hair is absolutely epic.
I've been Working for hours to get Link's hair to look decent, but wow, you blew my crap out of the brawl-hacking waters.


still having a big body but the face It´s perfect!

if you want that ps3 homebrew continues just share this: http://www.mediafire.com/?villtb9sane7r7s

Being in support of this, I bring you a render!


I wasn't entirely too sure what sword and shield you were going with, but I can easily change it to match (I'll need to for the alternates anyway).

Seriously looking brilliant atm. Can't wait for his release :D

May 18, 2010, 03:36:54 AM #8 Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 06:04:49 AM by Pik
Thanks for all of the comments guys; I made some progress. That render is pretty sweet, I think the face resembles the model's well - it'll make a nice CSP later on.

But anyways, I vertexed his gauntlet to fit in with the braces. Does the texture on it need any more work?


(Showcases the undershirt too)

minor edit:

rad new belt
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


Dunno if you can I guess if you can get as much of the arm band off and maybe use some of it to make the Power Bracelet in OOT. Fire Arrows maybe. Razor/Kokori/Deku Shield. Fairy always on. Throwing out idea. But its coming out real nice.  You're render is basically what Young link would look from TP. Good Job Lol

May 18, 2010, 08:47:46 AM #10 Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 09:07:48 AM by wilttilt
Hey thanks. I'm liking the progress so far. Do you mind if I ask if you're going to keep the undershirt and braces? Also, do you have the sword and shield set for the original costume? Sorry, but I'm a perfectionist.


May 18, 2010, 05:13:51 PM #12 Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 05:14:42 PM by dingoberriz
Yeah. Although I don't know if he's supposed to be like the Melee Young Link but this would be awesome. I can rid myself of Toon Link with this.


Have you seen Zephron's version http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php#ByUserID=206 Maybe it'd help you ideas. Again just throwing out ideas

Quote from: Sytilac on May 18, 2010, 08:06:11 PM
Have you seen Zephron's version http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php#ByUserID=206 Maybe it'd help you ideas. Again just throwing out ideas

That one is just normal Link made smaller. No variations between Link and Young Link on him.