Brawl Young Link [Toon port soon, melee weapons too !)

Started by Pik, May 17, 2010, 12:09:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Wow great work especially with the face.  Maybe you could also vertex hack the sword and shield to make them more like Young Link's ones and retexture the legs and upper arms.  Otherwise fantastici work!


Can this be ported over Toon Link? And without altering the moveset along with porting over Link's animations, (Modified to suit Toon Link's moveset) I was only thinking about this because we can change the toon explosion effects, all of that, and as a plus, we don't have to change his voicebox!!! Please PM me on this.  :af: :af: :af: :af: :af: :af:


you should try doing it on toon link  i know it is har but that will be just  :af:

May 19, 2010, 04:12:44 AM #20 Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 04:13:57 AM by SvenStryphart
lol Awesome work if this can replace toonlink I would defenitly use it. Keep up the Awesome work.

Just something I thought of

QuoteSuper Smash Bros. Melee   Nintendo   DOL-GALE-USA   12/02/01   US
QuoteSuper Smash Bros. Brawl   Nintendo   RVL-P-RSBE-USA   03/09/08   US

If you watch some vids of young link from Melee his moveset is almost directly the same as Adult link in brawl. Sure there are a few tweaks but I did find it Ironic that it was lol 7 years from Melee to Brawl soo the storyline of OOT came true. If you remember 7 years pass when Y.Link draws the master sword lol I thought it was kind of Ironic.


I've finally remembered my account info :)

Quote from: johnlcb on May 19, 2010, 03:57:12 AM
you should try doing it on toon link  i know it is har but that will be just  :af:

It would be really easy to do aside from the fact Link has an extra bone.....That's where problems come in. Some of the PSA hackers know how to make Flame Arrows now so maybe one of them can do it.

May 20, 2010, 01:41:29 AM #22 Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 02:38:40 AM by Pik
@Sytilac: There's a hole underneath his gauntlet, so I don't think I can turn it into an actual item or anything. Having the Power Bracelets would be cool looking though, I have to admit.

@wilttilt I plan on keeping both of those things. As for his starting weapons, I'll probably go with Razor Sword and the Mirror Shield. (since TP and MM are on the same "timeline" if you believe in that stuff)

@giygue and dingoberriz: Thanks, but I primarily got rid of his strap to make him more different from Link. Plus various designs don't have it, such as Toon Link and Zelda I Link.

@SiLeNtDo0m: I was planning on it. Thanks!

@JaredHedgehog: Porting this over to Toon Link isn't one of my main concerns, but someone else can feel free to try it.


Here's some stuff that freezes when I put them in-game, have fun guys:


Model Swapping issues. Anyone willing to help me out here? D:
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


May 20, 2010, 02:21:43 AM #23 Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 02:23:01 AM by dingoberriz
Is the bottle from Twilight Princess?

And is the hookshot a textured version of TLinks?

I know it may sound like a pain and even though the Razor sword from MM is my favorite I think personally its just a suggestion but maybe make Razor/Kikori/and or Gilded sword (If at all possible) . Keep up the awesome work. OOT and MM where awesome games. I think I'm actually gonna rebeat them on my Collectors disks.
I've finally remembered my account info :)

@dingo
1. Yes. Well, sort of: it's from Agitha's trophy. (this wasn't included in the Motion et cetera file when it froze though)

2. Only the tip is swapped, and I used an edited arrow. The rest is just vertexed from the Clawshot.





@Sven:

Well then, here's a list of what I plan on giving him:

Green Tunic: Razor Sword/Mirror Shield (MM)
Goron Tunic: Kikori Sword and Shield (OOT)
Zora Tunic: Hero's Sword and Shield (WW)
Classic Tunic (replaces his Blue Ring color): Magical Sword and Shield (LoZ)
ALTTP Tunic (replaces his Golden color): Seashell Sword/Fighter's Shield (ALtTP)
Dark Tunic: Master Sword and Hylian Shield

I don't want to give him more than one sword/shield per game, but feel free to suggest any other combinations. I'm open to changing it.
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


I'll work on porting things. But what would the bottle be ported over?

Maybe some of the Gale Boomerang's effects?

Thanks, by the way. I'll give credit if you want.
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


Don't worry about the credit. I can remove the tornado from the move without getting rid of the effects. Are you vertexing or swapping the boomerang?

As much as I'd love to vertex it, I can't get it to work by either methods. (which blows because it has tons more detail compared to TL's)


Do you want me to PM the items to you?
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]