Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Editing Item Textures Using Brawlbox?  (Read 5022 times)
ZeonUchiha
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: June 12, 2010, 12:59:46 PM »

Hey i was just wondering, is there a way to edit the item texutres inside the common3.pac without  having to do that long and annoying way with the C drive and folders and SSBarc and stuff? With brawlbox, it so much easier to edit the final smash textures, so I was wondering if Brawlbox can go inside the common3.pac (common3_en.pac) and edit the item textures, and saved, and then put onto the SD card and it works. I'm just looking for a simpler way to create and place item textures in my SSBB. Please and thanks, -ZeonUchiha Awesome Face

enzo22
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 01:25:16 PM »

I don't know what you're talking about with the C drive and SSBarc...never heard of that program, but the item files are in the "ItmCommonBrres" in the common3.pac file.  If you're using riivolution, I'm pretty sure it supposed to be commen3_en.pac but if you're using GeckoOS, then it has to be common3.pac.  Either way it goes into the /system folder.  And I'm sure if you can edit final smashes, then you should know to go to "TextureData" and export...blah blah.  It should work like a charm

ZeonUchiha
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 02:12:00 PM »

Well what I meant was,with the C Drive and SSBarc, i was talking about the method. like you creat a folder with SSBarc on the c drive, accompanied with SSB extract and some other things. All I know  it was a long and tedious method, that I have tryed and failed. 

enzo22
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 03:10:43 PM »

Brawl Box can do pretty much anything (if not, everything) texture related, so just give that a try.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0stCUR-XvMo" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0stCUR-XvMo</a>

ZeonUchiha
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 03:39:33 PM »

Haha I've been working with brawlbox (texture editing-wise) for aabout 2 weeks now, but the items im talking about aren't the character items, but the actual item items.  I just edited a few of the items i wanted in common3.pac and placed them into the system folder on my sd. I believe Im getting closer to success. But whenever I load the codes through Gecko it just freezes at the Strap Loader Screen (strap loader isnt custom). Is there a way to fix that?

enzo22
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2010, 03:49:42 PM »

if the size is over 4.82, it won't work...according to the people over at SmashBoards Cheesy

ZeonUchiha
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2010, 05:57:16 PM »

oh, okay. Is there anyway to compress it?

enzo22
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2010, 09:34:24 AM »

No, I don't think there's anyway to compress that.  How far over are you (make sure you right-click it and go to properties and read the size from there)?
Also, did you change the texture format?  (Ex.  CI8, CMPR)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 09:36:45 AM by enzo22 » Logged

ZeonUchiha
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2010, 10:32:59 AM »

Oh haha nvm. I found out i was using the un-compressed version of the common3.pac which was like 7.9 but I edited some items now. So thank you very much and feel free to check them out. (Capsule,HR Bat, F Badge, and Smash Ball) and also feel free to check out my Fierce Deity Ike

enzo22
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2010, 10:59:06 AM »

haha no problem!  I'll be sure to check them out!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: