SJS CSPs - Back in Action! (For Now)

Started by SJS, May 18, 2010, 07:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 14 Guests are viewing this topic.

What next?

Zilch
28 (16.3%)
Nichts
34 (19.8%)
Nothing
43 (25%)
Nada
67 (39%)

Total Members Voted: 172

the smash4/3 samus looks kinda like plastic instead of metal :/

other than that, great work

Those look absolutely amazing SJS! :D

And thanks a lot for doing Shadow Dragon Marth!

Can't wait to see how good Jigglypuff's CSPs are going to look! :)

This isn't exactly a request, but I want you to look into a few things SJS.

A lot of your older poses, look better than the newer ones. For example let's look at Toon Link.

- Old Set 3
- Old Set 2

Old Set 2 (in my opinion) looks cleaner. It might be the original pose (with all of the items he's holding, stressing he has a lot of equipment), but Old Set 3 didn't edit the color of Toon Link it just added some fancy lighting to it. So if you took the render of Old Set 2, and edit it how you edited Old Set 3 it would look much nicer.

Kirby is something you did right though with your newer version, you removed unnecessary lighting.

Roy however, is the exact opposite.

- Old Set 4
- Current

The problem about this is the unnecessary lighting on the hair. The Old Set 4 version however more dignifies his hair, the ugly thing about Old Set 4 (and most likely the reason you made a new one) was the colors. So if you grab the colors from the Current one and put them onto Old Set 4 it would look cleaner in the end. (And then fixing the hair shape afterward.)

Sorry for the rant, I just felt like I had to make a point. Hopefully you take all of these points into consideration.

May 24, 2015, 05:38:37 PM #6063 Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 05:39:59 PM by Psycho_Ghost
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I feel the old Toon Link's CSPs were too busy for the CSS. Too many things are in his CSP. The CSP is about what the character looks like, not what they do. So to implement the old Toon Link, kind of strays away from the purpose of a CSP.

I could see the gripe about Roy's CSPs, but IMHO they look a lot cleaner now.

Quote from: Psycho_Ghost on May 24, 2015, 05:38:37 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I feel the old Toon Link's CSPs were too busy for the CSS. Too many things are in his CSP. The CSP is about what the character looks like, not what they do. So to implement the old Toon Link, kind of strays away from the purpose of a CSP.

I could see the gripe about Roy's CSPs, but IMHO they look a lot cleaner now.

Well the thing about the old Toon Link was it stuck out. Which was really nice.

And about Roy, that's why I brought up grabbing the colors from new Roy, to old Roy.

Great job as always, SJS! I'd like to request Robin over Marth. Would you mind making CSPs for both Marth's and Roy's poses with it? Thank you!

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=206212

I have Mario requests! I made these myself, and I had to do a lot to make them work...

http://www.mediafire.com/download/0m9ib09095vf4ed/Mario+Requests+%28Smash+Masters+Mario%29.zip

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!!!!
NNID: Supersawnik99

May 24, 2015, 09:28:09 PM #6067 Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 09:32:05 PM by SJS
Quote from: jjookkeekkiidd on May 24, 2015, 11:57:49 AM
the smash4/3 samus looks kinda like plastic instead of metal :/

other than that, great work
Yeah, might fix them at a later date. I was too lazy to adjust the material I use for Samus.

Quote from: TheRealHeroOfWinds on May 24, 2015, 05:19:58 PM
This isn't exactly a request, but I want you to look into a few things SJS.

A lot of your older poses, look better than the newer ones. For example let's look at Toon Link.

- Old Set 3
- Old Set 2

Old Set 2 (in my opinion) looks cleaner. It might be the original pose (with all of the items he's holding, stressing he has a lot of equipment), but Old Set 3 didn't edit the color of Toon Link it just added some fancy lighting to it. So if you took the render of Old Set 2, and edit it how you edited Old Set 3 it would look much nicer.

Kirby is something you did right though with your newer version, you removed unnecessary lighting.

Roy however, is the exact opposite.

- Old Set 4
- Current

The problem about this is the unnecessary lighting on the hair. The Old Set 4 version however more dignifies his hair, the ugly thing about Old Set 4 (and most likely the reason you made a new one) was the colors. So if you grab the colors from the Current one and put them onto Old Set 4 it would look cleaner in the end. (And then fixing the hair shape afterward.)

Sorry for the rant, I just felt like I had to make a point. Hopefully you take all of these points into consideration.

I sort of see what you're saying, but I have no plans to adjust any of the current CSPs in such a way. The new CSPs are lit by a rendering program only. whereas the old CSPs were rendered in BrawlBox with lighting added in Photoshop. Making minor lighting adjustments in Photoshop for every new CSP on top of setting up the render would take way too much time, especially when dealing with dozens of requests. I'm not trying to achieve perfection by any definition of the word. Especially when that "perfection" is bound to be destroyed by compression when inserting these CSPs in-game.

As for Toon Link, that pose would never work in the modern Brawl hacking scene that's full of model imports. That's something I have to take in consideration, which is why most of the newer poses aren't as action-y or dramatic.
Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.


Suburb work as always SJS, only thing I want to say is I hope you include the Mars, Maritime, and Minty costumes when you make these new versions, as their colors as so fantastic. 

But keep it up my friend, it looks wonderful! :D

Quote from: SJS on May 24, 2015, 09:28:09 PMI sort of see what you're saying, but I have no plans to adjust any of the current CSPs in such a way. The new CSPs are lit by a rendering program only. whereas the old CSPs were rendered in BrawlBox with lighting added in Photoshop. Making minor lighting adjustments in Photoshop for every new CSP on top of setting up the render would take way too much time, especially when dealing with dozens of requests. I'm not trying to achieve perfection by any definition of the word. Especially when that "perfection" is bound to be destroyed by compression when inserting these CSPs in-game.

As for Toon Link, that pose would never work in the modern Brawl hacking scene that's full of model imports. That's something I have to take in consideration, which is why most of the newer poses aren't as action-y or dramatic.

Can we continue this conversation on Skype?

Skype name - TheRealHeroOfWinds

I request some for Charizard
Dry Charizard https://www.dropbox.com/s/xtxsy23y7sl8rep/Dry%20Lizardon.zip
Also I would like to request Charmander and Charmeleon from Nanobuds. Everytime I click the link I just download the rar :(
So here's the url to Nanobuds vault http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=7925&Moderated=All
I found these on page 4. Sorry i couldn't get the link i was supposed to get.

Look under the title of the charmander and charmeleon mods, click the link face, and it brings you to a page with only it and you can use that link.

Can I have Link Old Set 4 for My Custom Links (If I Upload these to the vault, do i have premission to upload with CSPs?):
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/axsc64dou7vaejo/AABetmOYQKEN1vREwDC87GfJa?dl=0

Im a fairly new hacker here on the vault. Csp, texture, Css, sss, battle portraits, i will take requests for those. (once in a while stage editor parts)


Quote from: LnktheWolf on May 26, 2015, 01:36:15 AM
Look under the title of the charmander and charmeleon mods, click the link face, and it brings you to a page with only it and you can use that link.
Thank you!
well here's the links for them then
Charmeleon: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=27181
Charmander: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=26923