Vertex Hacking: Advanced Techniques

Started by mariokart64n, May 24, 2010, 04:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

I think not, as most (all) of the models are asymmetric.


If anyone wants, I organized every character so that they're already imported and textured into 3ds 9. I also imported every vertex set into the appropriate files, had them renamed to include their offsets (for really easy exporting with brawlscript), and applied to the morpher modifier of some main objects.

basically an organized collection of every character where you dont have to import anything (besided double patching) and exporting is made easier too.

http://www.mediafire.com/?wt5saboyovvdbmn (all characters)
or http://www.mediafire.com/?mrqt54mml3jj3 (individual characters)

(in total, all the files extract to nearly 900mbs, so watch out)

V. 1.00

Wow o.0

That is just plain awesome! Thanks!


i have a problem: every time when i give an Characters,  bigger pants they streches
Normal:


With Animation:


Whats the problem :(
ive patched it over 10 time it doesnt look better
Please Help :/


Quote from: MeleeMaster500 on January 13, 2011, 05:03:08 PM
If anyone wants, I organized every character so that they're already imported and textured into 3ds 9. I also imported every vertex set into the appropriate files, had them renamed to include their offsets (for really easy exporting with brawlscript), and applied to the morpher modifier of some main objects.

basically an organized collection of every character where you dont have to import anything (besided double patching) and exporting is made easier too.

http://www.mediafire.com/?wt5saboyovvdbmn (all characters)
or http://www.mediafire.com/?mrqt54mml3jj3 (individual characters)

(in total, all the files extract to nearly 900mbs, so watch out)

Can you do this for 3DS 8 ? or would 3DS 9 files work with 3DS 8 ?

you could go ahead and try it in max 8, I cant use the trial for it anymore, so I couldn't make those even If I wanted to. The program also only saves to .max and can export to.3ds (no where does it specify backwards compatibility) I dont know which file format max 8 uses

V. 1.00

@Chibikowskie
It looks like you are moving vertices too far away from the original positions (sounds odd, I know) :-\
Alot of the vertices are weighted to bones, so if you move them too far away, they will jump back when animated.

For example, the Vertices around the knee must stay at the same level as the knee joint otherwise there will be similar deformities as you have been getting.

I have a problem here, normally I can edit any file, like even if it's been edited before. (I used some minor editing to Tanuki peach for a polygon i suck at editing properly >_> ) But I want to use the DD F and G peach.

Whenever I drag their model data's into the AIS it just creates a log file :l and it works fine for the textures oddly enough X_X NO idea why either

PS: I can get u a keygen for 3DS 8 if you want (since you already have 3DS 9)

thats alright, importing everything into max8 would take the same effort as it would for anyone else from what I've made. the only easier thing would be making it a format already usable in max 8. other than that, I believe I dont have the time commitment to keep working on that pack.

V. 1.00

the best way to solve the problem is to make the shoe as a lower part of the pants or?


February 05, 2011, 08:21:08 AM #475 Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 09:03:04 AM by MeleeMaster500
The script has a problem importing some vertex groups. I've had this same trouble trying to import the verts for pikmin and now I have it with waddle dee and such. The whole error is in the screenshot below. It's not converting types right with these files. I'm guessing it's because it's converting the offset or another property of the file which is too small to be converted the same way as character's verts with the current script. something to improve on it I guess.

http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/oo10/meleemaster500/vertimportproblem.png


Edit: also breaks the mdl0 upon exporting the vert sets with small offsets

V. 1.00

Quote from: Chibikowskie on January 13, 2011, 01:12:02 PM
HEy i´ve have a question about this vertex methode, is there a way, for example to mirror  one half of the model to the oder side ? im mean for example a shoe that should seen the same like the other shoe? or must i do every part extra??
I usually select the 2 mirrored vertices and move them up and down at the same time, and if I want to move them left or right, I use the resize tool instead, so that if I move one to the left, the other one will move to the right.

Where do I download the AiS? I want the oldest version.

Videos in first post are all set to private except the first video...
Impossible to view any of them