Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Project Brooklyn Chef (Unofficial name) Animators Needed  (Read 5164 times)
SalaComMander
Hyper Kitten

I am Namesiw, WATCH ME EAT!!!

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « on: May 23, 2010, 04:25:32 PM »

This has been moved here since I realized this is where it belongs.

My friend and I have officially decided to make a PSA of Sanji out of

I just gave up trying to learn this confusing shhhhtuff...I'm sending out a "Calling all animators" thingy...

We don't have everything planned yet, but here's what we've decided so far (Keep in mind, we prefer the 4Kids Sanji, so all of his moves names will come from the 4Kids dub, if available):

A Combo: Two kicks, followed by 's rapid kicks (We'll call it "Mincemeat Buffet")
    Dash Attack: In effect, 's (Butteroin Breaker)
    Up Tilt: 's Up Throw (Double-Layer Cake Kick)
    Up Smash: 's Forward Throw (Frog-Leg Kick) Kermit approved
    Up B: 's movement, combined with 's Forward Air (Taffy Trouncer (the Grand Battle version))

Down B: Diable Jambe
    Back Air: 's (In reverse) (Hip Hip Puree)
    Down Air: Almost unchanged, but adding ' Down B flip at the beginning (Shoulder Shank Crank)
    Down Throw: Similar to 's (Open-Face Slamwich (you gotta have this))
    Final Smash: Similar in effect to 's, but with 's Falcon Kick animation (Prime Cut Kick Surprise)

You will receive updates as they happen.

We haven't even started, and we're already delaying it. Also,
    if anyone wants to help, say so (you will get some of the credit)

PLEASE, HELP!
    « Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 04:49:44 PM by SalaComMander » Logged

If you're reading this, just know I am ashamed of the obnoxious kid I was back when I wrote whatever comment this is under.

TheShyGuy
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 05:08:32 PM »

what do you need help with, specifically

edit: i won't do the help for you as in do the hack, but i'll tell you how to do stuff if your confused, or just go to the help subforum.
    « Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 05:10:56 PM by theshyguy » Logged

SalaComMander
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards RAGE!!

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 05:10:38 PM »

what do you need help with, specifically
    I need to learn things, but WackaAlpaca's videos confuse me.

If you're reading this, just know I am ashamed of the obnoxious kid I was back when I wrote whatever comment this is under.

TheShyGuy
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 05:13:40 PM »

the way i learned was just messing with stuff, and figuring out how it works.  Whenever i was completely lost, i just asked in the help forum.  But don't ask all the time if you just don't feel like figuring it out - atleast try. Also search to see if anyone has asked a similar question.

other than that just post what you need to know and ill try and help out

SalaComMander
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards RAGE!!

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 05:18:55 PM »

I just had an idea. I have the list of some of the attacks I'm going to make, you could tell me how to, for example, make the Final Smash or Up-B and I could figure things out from there.

TheShyGuy
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010, 06:56:34 PM »

up b - i don't really understand what you want.  It seems you want to put links upB movement, but with fox kicking forward animation... so... just making the char. go vertical with slight horizontal gain?  That's done in the animation - use the trans. bone to get both the height and horizontal movement.  If you want it to be more controllable tell me because its a bit different.

final smash - so its just capt. falcon tilt up animation ( i dunno what it is with the name srry).  It does a closeup on the char. then dashes forward.  If it hits, it does time man. for a few seconds or just lots of hit lag and the opponent goes flying?

Srry i can't understand exactly what the moveset is because you use the actual names of them.  But if they are the way i described - i'll tell you how to do them.

for now heres something pretty helpful

http://anonym.to/?http://opensa.dantarion.com/wiki/PSA_Documentation

SalaComMander
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards RAGE!!

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 01:21:41 PM »

up b - i don't really understand what you want.  It seems you want to put links upB movement, but with fox kicking forward animation... so... just making the char. go vertical with slight horizontal gain?  That's done in the animation - use the trans. bone to get both the height and horizontal movement.  If you want it to be more controllable tell me because its a bit different.

final smash - so its just capt. falcon tilt up animation ( i dunno what it is with the name srry).  It does a closeup on the char. then dashes forward.  If it hits, it does time man. for a few seconds or just lots of hit lag and the opponent goes flying?

Srry i can't understand exactly what the moveset is because you use the actual names of them.  But if they are the way i described - i'll tell you how to do them.

for now heres something pretty helpful

http://anonym.to/?http://opensa.dantarion.com/wiki/PSA_Documentation
    Sorry to confuse you. (However, I must commend your ignorance for not knowing what the "FALCON KICK" is)

For the Final Smash, I want a flying kick ('s Falcon Kick, as pictured above) which has the same effect as 's Final Smash in damage, knockback, and how far and fast he moves. When/If it connects with an opponent, there will be a little pause (hit lag) after which the opponent will be sent flying ("bye-bye") and Sanji will do the flip that does when his Falcon Kick hits a wall.
    « Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 01:30:59 PM by SalaComMander » Logged

TheShyGuy
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010, 02:06:19 PM »

srry about the kick thing.  I know what falcon kick is, i guess i didn't read it and focused on the prime cut kick surprise part.

i haven't really changed any final smashes, but here's a way that might work.  But first in the final smash subaction put a change subaction to something useless or a new one.

should look like this...

---New sub ---(PUT IN THE GFX PART - DOESN'T WORK IN THE MAIN FOR SOME REASON)

asynch X
    closeup
    time manip.
    asynch X
    set edge interaction? 1 - so he flies off stage if he misses
    character momentum horizontal X ( or use animation for this part )
    set loop X
    (marth's off. coll.) change the bones to the correct ones
    if 0b or hitbox connects
    change sub action (hit or when he bounces off a wall)
    end if
    synch 1
    execute loop
    terminate off. coll.
    exit final smash state? ( so the FS ball appears again)

if you used character momentum, then in the animation where he jumps back put a disable sideways or certain movements so the char. momentum won't affect you after hitting the person.  Or maybe you can put it within the if statement before the change subaction.  

this is MY version of how I WOULD do it.  Again i haven't really changed anyone's final, but this way should work.
    « Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 02:08:30 PM by theshyguy » Logged

SalaComMander
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards RAGE!!

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2010, 05:23:18 PM »

Thank you, I will try this out.

Edit: Ok, I figured out most of what I'm supposed to do after I create a new sub-action, I just don't know how to create a new sub-action.
    « Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 05:53:13 PM by SalaComMander » Logged

TheShyGuy
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: May 25, 2010, 01:06:16 PM »

basically go to a NONE subaction ( 3 and 4 might be empty).  Where it says that, put in the animation name (matching with the name in BrawlBox)  then put your code in.  In your case - put "change subaction" AND "go to" in the FS subaction pointing to the new subaction.  I'm not sure if you need both, but whenever i do it with only a change sub - it only does the animation, not the code.  

-if you don't understand look the in help sub forum of PSA hacks.  I think someone said something about new subactons.
    « Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 01:07:42 PM by theshyguy » Logged

SalaComMander
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards RAGE!!

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2010, 01:13:49 PM »

basically go to a NONE subaction ( 3 and 4 might be empty).  Where it says that, put in the animation name (matching with the name in BrawlBox)  then put your code in.  In your case - put "change subaction" AND "go to" in the FS subaction pointing to the new subaction.  I'm not sure if you need both, but whenever i do it with only a change sub - it only does the animation, not the code. 

-if you don't understand look the in help sub forum of PSA hacks.  I think someone said something about new subactons.
    I'll be trying that out (later)

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: