Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Beren's Texture Shoppe: New Texture. Sonic's joined Halloween!  (Read 5182 times)
Velen
Resident Lucario
Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « on: March 13, 2010, 08:04:43 PM »

Hello everyone, welcome to Beren's Texture Gallery.

The reason I have started Texture Hacking is because I need to take a break from trying to color my drawings in Photoshop. I have done that so much that it has become boring, so I am going to use the skills I have accumulated in Photoshop to make Texture Hacks, from Simple recolors, to Vertex Hacks (Maybe a guide will be made once the newest version of BrawlBox comes around), they will all be placed here for you to use, and for your enjoyment. So here they are! My Textures!

As a fellow texture hacker, I would be very grateful for this. If you are willing, I will make downloads to various ones I have done recently when I can make them available.

Textures that I want to do.
    • Drachma on Ganondorf. (HOLD due to needing to figure out how to edit in the tunic.)
    • Pretty Bomber on Zelda
    • Space Samurai Falco

Note: To make things easier, all the files will be zipped, so that way you don't need to go to multiple pages for a download of the PCS  and PACs.

Zero Nightmare
    Original Texture by Dhragen.

The main difference between this and the original texture is the color. As for the "E-Tanks that were there, I had a heck of time trying to figure out how to make them transparent in Brawl rather than black. Any details on that would be appreciated.

The colors were based off the In-Game Sprite, which is why the texture is so dark, but I may go back later and make one based on the Official Art. Due to limitations, I couldn't take the sword trace and boomerang colors to make them black like the Sprite's Z-Saber glow(IOW: FitChar.pac), so you will have to settle for what is there for now.

Liquid Sonic (v.1)

This is an original texture that took me till late into the night to finish. To be honest though, I'm not too sure if this looks good. So some input on him would be appreciated too. I'm just glad to finally have him checked off of my list to be honest. Remember, give me input and I might consider it...so long as he stays Liquid Sonic in the process.

Now for a fun little intro!

With the Power of Blue Chaos, Sonic's body liquefies and reforms into to the amorphous Liquid (or Aqua) Sonic! However, the Blue Chaos Emerald is plainly seen on his chest. Could this be a weak point? Who knows, the opponent is too busy getting hit by punch after punch with flying fists of water, and who knows what else!

So if Sonic's body supposed to be made of liquid now, what does that make his feet/ shoes?  Oh shi~

Download Liquid Sonic.

Melon-Dress Peach

Well, after 100+ layers of work in Photoshop, this little masterpiece of mine is finally complete. This was the result of a concept I drew up on paper, but then decided to take a crack at as a texture, and I am happy I did! It came out beautifully, and am thoroughly joyed with it. I might make this a series if I can figure somehting out for the next one. No hints, but you may like it too. This Melon Motif looks good in game, and even features (albeit not very noticeable unless you zoom-in in-game) see through lace.

Enjoy the download!

Download Melon-Dress Peach

Tronic

Well, Sonic has joined in on Halloween as Tronic, the parody hero from the video game world of TRON! This didn't take all that long to do, but it felt like a great accomplishment considering my severe lack of texture making due to school. He has a texture problem with the shoes and buckles I can't figure out how to fix. I may go back later and fix it if I found how to deal with it, but it's not a guarantee. Hope you enjoy it!

Click here for the DL!
    « Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 03:21:19 PM by Velen Zaiga » Logged

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

joem3693
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 09:55:40 PM »

you should credit the person who made the original texture but overall i like the colors

Jack H.
    Titles cost $5,000
    Supreme Kitten

Co-Founder of KC-MM

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Starstormer Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 11:36:20 AM »

Hmm, not a bad idea. Nice result. Good job for giving credit.

Your Chun-Li probably shouldn't even be made though - Marc is already working on it, and it'll basically be unmatched. Wink

-Jack H.

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 02:53:03 AM »

Update for the Roster!

@Jack H.: Well darn.

After getting a look at Peach in Brawlbox, I think Zelda would be a better fit for Pretty Bomber. Just going to have to change her eyes with Peach's somehow or something of the like, while making here bangs transparent by coloring them magenta.

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 01:16:12 AM »

Bump. Update...Somewhat? ^__^;

EDIT: All current download links now lead to their respective pages in BrawlVault.
    « Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 01:19:23 AM by Velen Zaiga » Logged

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 07:46:43 AM »

Update: Melon-Dress Peach Info and DL Link given!

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: June 23, 2010, 09:54:58 AM »

Update in the OP.

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: October 31, 2010, 03:21:32 PM »

NEW TEXTURE! YAY~!

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: