Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Alucard (Symphony of the NIght) V2.0  (Read 5027 times)
Cocopuff
Mega Kitten

Addicted to PSA as a minor. So sad

• Awards Hot Topic Tutorial Writer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « on: September 06, 2010, 10:22:52 PM »

Alucard (From Symphony of the Night) Ok, so I have had this done for months and have forgotten about it.  Foolsgil reminded me with an offer to do a vid for it, which I had previously requested.

download link:http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=8891&Moderated=All
    Download includes the motionpac and the pac, already named correctly. Here's the link to Wii's alucard texture:http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=5680&Moderated=All#Number=5680&Moderated=All
    Video showing off all his moves here
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6FpiAkilVU" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6FpiAkilVU</a>

Alucard joins the brawl! Awakening from his deep slumber after his escapades within Castle Dracula, Alucard returns to conquer. He brings along some of his favorite weapons, including the Crissagrim, Alucard Sword, Marsil, and Rune Sword.
    [/center]

Moveset:

A Ground Moves

AA (Punch/Slash)
    Simple Punch and slash move.

Side Tilt (Crissigrim Slash)
    Alucard slashes the Crissigrim. A quick slash.

Down Tilt (Any down sword slash)
    A simple sweeping sword move.

Side Smash (Marsil Slash)
    Alucard slashes his Marsil. A quick hit.

Down Smash (Power of Sire)
    A weakened power of sire hit. Powerful thunder move.

Up Smash (Crissigrim Slash)
    Alucard slashes the Crissigrim upward. A quick slash.

B Ground Moves

B (Rune Sword Slash)
    Alucard throws the Rune Sword.

Tilt B (Alucard Sword Special)
    Alucard uses his family airloom to teleport and slash backwards.

Down B (Hellfire)
    Alucard casts the famous Hellfire.

Up B (Leap Boots)
    Alucard uses the leap boots. (As leap boots you could use indefinatly in the game, you can also use them indefinatly here, however Alucard is very vulnerable to hits after using the leap boots.)

Air Moves

B in Air (Rune Sword Spike)
    Alucard chucks the returning Rune Sword downward.

Down A (Kick)
    Alucard kicks downward.

Forward A (Alucard Sword Slash)
    Alucard Slashes his Alucard Sword.

Final Smash

Alucard uses a Pentagram to wipe all traces of enemies away. (Only works the direction Alucard is facing)

Notes/Known Bugs
    -I created Alucard to stay mostly true to the gameplay style in Symphony of the Night, which also means his gameplay style is a bit more advanced for new people to the game. He can get the floor wiped with him quite easily, but he can also wipe the floor if someone knows what they are doing.
    -The final smash adds the Marth final smash graphic following the characters hit. I don't know how to fix this.
    -Some moves were completly unchanged. If you have any ideas what I can do with these moves, please post something about it.
    -I animated a good percent of the moves, so the animations are very simple.

Credits
    Wii - Texture included. Amazing for letting me use this.
    BeWop - Most of the moveset ideas.
    Myself - Obviously.

Changelog:
    Released V1.0 - 7/1/10
    Released V2.0 - 10/6/10

Alucard
    An ancient hero awakes from his long slumber.
    [/spoiler]

Humble
    Extreme Kitten

Seriously trying to be less inactive

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 02:00:44 AM »

Cool to see this released!  I'll give some feedback and suggestions.

First, he is a bit too floaty, with too high aerial accelleration.  Increase his fall speed, and his overrall airspeed, but decrease his aerial acellaration.  His high second jump is fine though.

Jab:  It's ok, but I think it could be better; replace the punch with marth's old jab1, and give him a 3rd jab, with the final side-b neutral animation. 

Dash attack:  Marth's still, I think, which is fine.

Ftilt:  This move is broken in a bad way.  It's just horrible to watch how fast this move can be spammed.  Please increase startup and endlag, so it isn't so spammable, and give it higher base knockback.

Dtilt:  Looked good.

Utilt:  Looked good.

Fsmash:  The range on it is too large (doesn't match the animation) but otherwise ok.

Dsmash:  This move just looks bad overall.  I understand what you were going for, but really it needs to be changed.  Marth's old Dsmash would be better.

Usmash:  Same advice as Ftilt, more frames.

Dair:  Make it more useful, increase base knockback, change angle, so it can be used as a soft spike, for example in a combo, hit them up, jump up and dair down.

Fair:  looks good.

B:  Pretty buggy, but I like the idea.  Make it controllable?(choose which direction he throws sword in)

Side B:  remove it and replace with his down B projectile.

Up-B:  Nerf it to Marth's up-b range.

Down-b:  Just replace with counter, or keep the teleport and make it like Metaknight's. 

Cocopuff
    Mega Kitten

Addicted to PSA as a minor. So sad

• Awards Hot Topic Tutorial Writer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 05:36:57 PM »

Ok, so I like the fact that you are giving feedback, but you must understand that this is made to be based off of the original alucard, so I made him accordingly. Alucard was floaty, so so is this char
    Jab. I don't know what to do with this move, I can't add a third hit
    Ftilt. This is the crissagram, and the crissagram was spammable. same as the Usmash
    Dsmash What is bad about it? I thought I did good on it, so Please tell me any problems you see in it
    B. the reason it is buggy is because, like several other moves, I animated it.
    Side B. Umm, what is wrong with this one, It is exactly like the symphony one?
    Down B. Alucard doesn't have a counter
    Up B. I think it's fine because It doesn't hurt, it's pure recovery, like pit's

Alucard
    An ancient hero awakes from his long slumber.
    [/spoiler]

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: