Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: KodaichiZero's Textures! [April 1st 2010 - Lava Reef Zone Act II + song]  (Read 11750 times)
KodaichiZero
Newbie Kitten

fan of Brawl hacking

View Profile Awards
« on: June 23, 2009, 08:15:04 PM »

Welcome to my custom textures topic, which went for a long time without any updates!

==Updates==

April 1st: Lava Reef Zone Act II: Stage and Music
March 15th: Lava Reef Zone: Stage and Music

August 18th: 3 new textures: Pink Doll Link, Ice Lilties and K-Zero Concept
June 23rd: TTGL Yoko Ritona

==Gallery==

April 1st 2010 - Lava Reef Zone: Act II PLUS MUSIC
Texture by KodaichiZero, resources thanks to The Mystical Forest Zone

Well, there's something a bit more recognizable. Act II of Lava Reef Zone, over Brinstar, complete with an explodey biotic Death Egg in the background!

The old reef's cooled off a bit, but that lava's still flowing, so watch out. You'll notice a lot of in-game sprites used. Some people might even be able to recognize particular structures from the game.

Yes, of course I made the BGM. I wouldn't go near this level without it. It's complete with perfect advanced looping, so it sounds just like the original. Well, are you a Sonic fan or not? Then download this hack already! Geez!

==DOWNLOAD==
link: [contains .PAC and .brstm in zipped folder, needs to be renamed.]

==Notes==

When I was making Lava Reef Zone Act 1, I was originally planning for it to go over Brinstar, but I chickened out and tried an easier level. I sure as hell am glad I did, because you would not believe the sheer amount of trouble this hack gave me. It was bad. Pretty much every +2 texture gave me a unique error of its own, some so perplexing, I had to give up. Well, now that the nightmare is over, I present to you a functioning Lava Reef Zone, Act II. NEVER, EVER, EVER TRY TO EDIT THIS LEVEL.

With that being said, stay the hell away from Pictochat too. STASH has a glitch that doesn't let you recompile the stage unless you lower the file size beyond comprehension, and even when it does compile, the textures won't show up ingame. If you somehow get it to work, you are a G-E-N-U-I-S. Yes, I spelled it "genuis".

March 15th 2010 - Lava Reef Zone PLUS MUSIC
Texture by KodaichiZero, resources thanks to The Mystical Forest Zone

We all remember Lava Reef Zone from Sonic & Knuckles. But we don't remember it like this! What exactly happened to this place?

Many years after the Death Egg came crashing down, a giant earthquake shook the waters beneath Angel Island and caused the lava reef to rise out of the ground. Lava and enemies aside, time has cooled this place, and the rocky ridges and old machinery you see is all that remains of what once was known as the Lava Reef Zone.

The flowers and stuff are kinda messed up, but they use external graphics and solid hues, so there's not a lot I can do. Also, I could not make the water into lava. That's why it's still water.

With such good scenery (AND BADACE METAL TREES!), the whole thing just wouldn't be complete without some Lava reef BGM, so I made it myself. It's included in the download.

==DOWNLOAD==
link: [contains .PAC and .brstm in zipped folder, needs to be renamed.]

==Notes==

Important news here! I was watching a Brawl Machinima, namely Daisy's Dilemma, and lo and behold, the maker used my Yoko texture! Wow! I felt so proud... Really, I mean I don't upload these textures for nothing. I upload them so other people can use them, because I want to share my work. And when I see my work appreciated like that, it means so much to me. So I decided to start making hacks again! Welcome me back, because I have a few other things in mind as well.

And yeah, that's me chillin' out with the sweet new Sir Kibble Vertex Hack that got posted today. That's a great hack.

August 18th 2009 - [Original] Pink Doll Link
Texture by KodaichiZero, screenshots by picano

What exactly is this thing?! It's Pink Doll Link, of course.

He's a doll that decided to take up a wooden sword and shield, and now he's fighting for reasons that nobody knows.

Don't worry, Ganon is just as confused as you are.

==DOWNLOAD==
link: [contains .PAC and .PCS in zipped folder, needs to be renamed.]

==Notes==

This marks my second texture hack, and unlike the last, this is the alpha and the omega! That's right, only one version ever compiled, and picano took the pics (thx again). The actual story behind this texture is a doll my sis had when she was very little. It had no facial features or discriminating marks, just a beige elf-like body and a huuuuge hat. The best part was that the doll could actually go inside of it's own hat, inside-out! Anyways, we decided to call it Pink Link back then. For the sake of my nostalgia, here he is, reincarnated after many, many years of being lost.

Yeah, it's more of a personal thing. I think it's awesome.

August 18th(2) - [FFCC: Echoes of Time] Ice Lilties!  
Texture by KodaichiZero, based off of Ice Men by RoyMaster4

OMG! Nana and Popo have NOSES?!  ...no, it's the Lilties from Crystal Chronicles! You know... that Final Fantasy spinoff?

The Lilties have landed in brawl, bringing with them their crazy-cute eyes and kick-ass metal hammers!

Not only does the Squall Hammer attack look like their 3-hit combo it EoT, they also cast BLIZZAGA!!!

==DOWNLOAD==

==Notes==

Hopefully this won't require too much of an explanation, but here you are anyway: FFCC: EoT (as explained above) is an action-adventure game that has four playable races, one of which is the short and strong Lilty warriors. They are small, even as adults, but pack quite a punch with their hammers and spears. They have a peach-like hairstyle, sometimes making fans refer to them as "peach-heads". The reason why I made this texture is because I thought it was a good match, and they really do look quite a bit like they do in EoT. I'm pretty proud of this texture.

By the way, if you own EoT, get a male Lilty and equip Pastel Fur Coat + Cat Ears.  And $#!% bricks.

August 18th(3) - [Original Web Avatar] Kodaichi Zero  
Texture by KodaichiZero, based off of Kalas by Artemis251

Introducing the badass-me, Kodaichi Zero. This is a concept character, based around the backstory of my user-name.

Raised in the captivity of an evil corporation, the intellectual genius and athletic prodigy eventually escaped and now roams the streets of Japan as a lonely warrior, fighting and stealing just to survive.

I didn't spend a whole lot of time on this one due to the limitations of the model, but I did add some pretty neat details. All except the sword is my custom design.

==DOWNLOAD==

==Notes==

Okay, I got the gist of the story written down below the 2nd pic, but for clarification, Kodaichi was kidnapped based on his intelligence and physical strength for his age, being one of the most remarkable infants in the country. He was raised by scientists and researchers, so he's a bit messed up in the head, but thanks to an amazing psychiatrist, he was able to develop a kind and determined personality before the day he escaped. Later on, he makes some friends on the streets here and there, but most of the time he's running from the agents and robots that are sent out to recapture him. He's so strong, he's able to wield an odachi(a heavy, oversized ceremonial katana, not actually intended for fighting purposes) that he unknowingly stole from an old dojo. I obviously had to compensate for that. As well, I'd normally depict him as shirtless most of the time with a large red chest tattoo, but instead I just made him wear some rags. Which are still characteristic of his situation.

Oh, and if I ever got the chance to make an anime... this story would totally be it. Cheesy

June 23rd 2009 - [TTGL] Yoko Ritona
Texture by KodaichiZero, based off of Bikini by Maltes.

Here's Yoko, ready to brawl! She's not perfect, but close enough for me!

Check out those eyes! the gun, the skull hairpin, the hair... please ignore the neck thingy.

Now THAT'S a cool pose.

==DOWNLOAD==

==Notes==

I realize that there are some problems with the texture, but they're only graphical, and I really would rather just release it the way it is that try 50 more times to fix them. It's just the way the model is, it makes it very difficult to line things up properly. In any case you can check out my Photobucket gallery for 2 more images, one showing the errors from behind. And I do have to say, special thanks to SmashBoards, Kitty Corp, Maltes for the Bikini texture, and ASH for making everything SO much easier. Hope you like my first texture hack.

And I know I'm not the first one to do this, but I still like my version the best, so far.

That's all for now. Hope you enjoy, and leave a comment if you want PLEASE!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 12:00:40 PM by KodaichiZero » Logged

ピカノ
THE catgirl fan
Special Access

papersak's personal stalker

• Awards Famous Hacker Heart Container Pin Collector Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 08:25:17 PM »

Not bad! It's hard to tell by screenshots alone... but I think I might swap to using this one.

And while on the topic of TTGL... I don't think I've seen a Gurren Lagann Samus yet. (And it's not something that I'd do, I tend not to do textures for characters I can't play Tongue)

KodaichiZero
    Newbie Kitten

fan of Brawl hacking

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 10:18:20 PM »

Finally, I'm able to bump this thread from the rock-bottom of the forum. I'm planning a new texture hack soon, this time a stage hack, so keep your eyes out!

KodaichiZero
    Newbie Kitten

fan of Brawl hacking

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 04:07:42 PM »

Since I only edited the first post, I have to bump like this in order to get it back on the front page, so.....

KodaichiZero
    Newbie Kitten

fan of Brawl hacking

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: April 01, 2010, 12:01:40 PM »

Obligatory new content bump.  Undecided

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: