Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 48 49 50 [51] 52 53
Author Topic: The Complete N00B's Guide to Brawl Hacking  (Read 891844 times)
ShadowX
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #750 on: May 18, 2015, 12:00:41 PM »

This has probably already been asked, but where do hacks for the Results Screen (STGRESULT.pac) go?

GamerX102
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #751 on: May 18, 2015, 01:39:36 PM »

@Diddy Kong Did you see the video? I have it as unlisted.

Diddy Kong
Lol Kitten

chief

• Awards Heart Container Hot Topic Famous Hacker Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #752 on: May 19, 2015, 06:45:35 PM »

This has probably already been asked, but where do hacks for the Results Screen (STGRESULT.pac) go?
    should be the same place as other normal stages (pf/stage/melee)

Post Merge: May 19, 2015, 06:51:35 PM
    a mod at the boot sequence or GCT code is either bad, or for the wrong region (main.dol mods are not compatable with brawl under riivo), its worth checking that you don't have a GCT loaded in the codes folder for brawl and that all strapen and sc_title files be removed from your SD card and test again, this is a first that I'm seeing the game fail to boot outside of riivo 1.05 or a main.dol mod
    « Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 06:51:35 PM by Diddy Kong » Logged

ShadowX
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #753 on: May 20, 2015, 02:25:05 PM »

should be the same place as other normal stages (pf/stage/melee)
    Ok. That's what I thought. I'll test it out sometime and let you know if there's any problems.

spiderfreak1011
    Newbie Kitten

Just your typical Smash fan here.

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #754 on: July 29, 2015, 11:49:52 PM »

Excuse me, i'd really appreciate it if someone could help me on this. I'm on Step 3: Downloading and Using Brawl Hacks. I've gotten the File Patch and Unrestricted Camera codes downloaded onto my SD Card via the Code Manager, but i'm a bit confused here. On Step 3, it gives me the names for the Characters and Stages. Does the guide want me to make mini sub sections in my SD card's Private folder for all of these things? Just curious if i've got the right idea on this.

Also, another question, in Step 4, it gives me a Mediafire link for all of Brawl's Original Files, but when i try to look at those files, Mediafire says it's not my session and i can't access the files, even when i'm logged in and try to access those files. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE IS ANOTHER PLACE I COULD FIND THOSE FILES, PLEASE? : ( I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me with these two questions.

One last question, since i'm using the Wii Mode on Wii U for Brawl hacking, do i need to worry about downgrading the Wii portion of my Wii U, or is that ok and not something that i have to worry about?

[img=http://oi60.tinypic.com/2hsbvhw.jpg]

ShadowX
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #755 on: July 30, 2015, 11:28:53 AM »

Excuse me, i'd really appreciate it if someone could help me on this. I'm on Step 3: Downloading and Using Brawl Hacks. I've gotten the File Patch and Unrestricted Camera codes downloaded onto my SD Card via the Code Manager, but i'm a bit confused here. On Step 3, it gives me the names for the Characters and Stages. Does the guide want me to make mini sub sections in my SD card's Private folder for all of these things? Just curious if i've got the right idea on this.

Also, another question, in Step 4, it gives me a Mediafire link for all of Brawl's Original Files, but when i try to look at those files, Mediafire says it's not my session and i can't access the files, even when i'm logged in and try to access those files. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE IS ANOTHER PLACE I COULD FIND THOSE FILES, PLEASE? : ( I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me with these two questions.

One last question, since i'm using the Wii Mode on Wii U for Brawl hacking, do i need to worry about downgrading the Wii portion of my Wii U, or is that ok and not something that i have to worry about?
    Codes go in "X:\codes\"
    You only have to create separate character and stage folders (named accordingly) if you're planning on modifying the corresponding character/stage.

Here's the correct link for the original Brawl files: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4vhNdf69qaSZ0N0MnBjOXFYMU0#

Concerning the Wii U question, I don't really know since that's not how i do it, but from what i've heard, you should just treat it like the latest Wii version (4.3).
    « Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 11:40:59 AM by ShadowX » Logged

spiderfreak1011
    Newbie Kitten

Just your typical Smash fan here.

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #756 on: August 13, 2015, 01:48:13 AM »

One more thing. Right now i'm using an SD card and i'm trying to use a Shulk PSA thats modded over Ike, but i have no idea where to put the files and which ones to put on my SD card. I downloaded the file for the PSA and looked at the files inside, but IDK where to go from here, and i don't want to try putting it in my SD card without knowing where it should go. Can someone help?

Here's the hack in question BTW: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203267

[img=http://oi60.tinypic.com/2hsbvhw.jpg]

ShadowX
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #757 on: August 13, 2015, 09:55:49 AM »

One more thing. Right now i'm using an SD card and i'm trying to use a Shulk PSA thats modded over Ike, but i have no idea where to put the files and which ones to put on my SD card. I downloaded the file for the PSA and looked at the files inside, but IDK where to go from here, and i don't want to try putting it in my SD card without knowing where it should go. Can someone help?

Here's the hack in question BTW: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203267
    Everything in the "Fighter" folder goes into the "fighter" folder on your SD card. More specifically "X:/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/ike/".
    The easiest way to install it would be to copy the "Ike" folder from the archive and paste it in the "fighter" folder on your SD card.

There are also SFX that are included with this hack which may be needed to ensure it doesn't crash. (Some need it, some don't. idk It's not my area. I do mainly visuals.) Unless you're using Project: M, I'm not too sure on how to install them, but I would try it out without the SFX to see if it works anyways.
    If you're really desperate for the SFX, there's a ton of tutorials on here, YouTube, and Smashboards that take nothing more than a quick Google search.

Everything else in the .zip are just visuals which are not required to make the hack work. But those are easy enough to install anyways.

Hope that helps!

mire227
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #758 on: August 26, 2015, 09:23:12 AM »

hello please i have dolphin and how to install this  hack to 8gb on sd card 2gb  ? please for that http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

DeathWish318
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #759 on: October 15, 2015, 12:16:57 PM »

This has probably been a problem before and likely has solutions on here already, but I haven't come across it while reading through the posts on this thread (I'm only a few pages in.)

I'm new to modding/hacks and I just want to add new characters and stages to play the game with some friends. I downloaded Nebulon's Smash 4 All mod following all the, limited, instructions provided. I figured out I needed to start it through the Homebrew channel though some trial and error, but when I went to select a character no new characters where present. Also, when I went to the select a stage area, the stages were all out of order and there were multiple versions of Hanenbow and Pokemon Stadium all over the place.

Can anyone tell me what I did wrong and how to fix it or lead me to another post that will help?

Nobs4Lyf
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #760 on: October 22, 2015, 07:50:33 PM »

Um, I don't have any folders like that in my private/apps folder.
    This is all I have in there for some reason.
    http://i.imgur.com/1S48cCg.png
    http://i.imgur.com/kFvlenG.png

Can anyone help? Is there somewhere I'm supposed to download the other files or...?

Droid15.24.3 [DELTA]
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #761 on: October 24, 2015, 05:21:30 PM »

I have a few questions regarding PSA editing. (Haven't done this in a while.)

Can you make an event trigger:

A.) When hit by being hit by a specific damage type?
    B.) When playing on a specific stage?
    C.) When fighting specific characters?

Also, is it possible for Ice Climber type characters to have the second character only appear when a specific skin is selected?

AlexHero8
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #762 on: November 01, 2015, 01:38:32 AM »

The download is broken on Gecko OS
    I just got a new computer a month ago and decided to get back into SSBB Hacks and noticed the link is broken, I couldn't find any other one like it.

If anybody can help me out getting Gecko Manager I would appreciate it.

Shoes Magoo
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #763 on: November 23, 2015, 05:35:58 PM »

Hello, and thanks for the guide.

I am trying to apply the steps under section 6 A for disc updates. All of the instructions are pretty clear but I am missing something here:

2. Launch the app through one of the methods explained above. If you're using the Homebrew Channel, rename the .dol file "boot.dol" and place it in a folder called "Preloader" in the "apps" folder of your SD Card. (In other words, your SD Card should look like apps > Preloader > boot.dol)

I am using Homebrew. I downloaded the Preloader and have in it the "apps" folder in the root of the SD card (looks like SD card>apps>Preloader (folder)>Preloader (.rar), but I don't see any .dol file to modify. The Preloader file is a .rar and this is where my confusion lies. Can someone clear this up for me?

UN
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #764 on: December 04, 2015, 01:40:47 PM »

Nice guide. Very good grammar. The tip about the Wii bricking is very helpful and strongly noted. So I need to install the 'HBC' before starting the game. Nice & simple guide, I will be returning here if I have any problems to check if I made a mistake.
    « Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 01:51:51 PM by Ruku » Logged

Inactive

Pages:  1 ... 48 49 50 [51] 52 53
    Print
    Jump to: