Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Blanka DK Project? Calling All Street Fighter Fans!  (Read 14580 times)
LavaLatte [.Fade]
.Paradox'd
Supreme Kitten

• Awards Renowned Hacker Hot Topic Star Hacker Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « on: September 24, 2009, 06:25:00 PM »

So yeah, I'm taking a breather from the Echo Bladers and working on what I hope to be a fun project. I was planning on keeping it a secret. Thing is, I'm clueless on what I'm trying to make =.=

New Project:
    Street Fighter DK
     AWESOME 2.0!

There haven't been many DK movesets around, so I figure I'll take a shot at him. Give the monkey some love~

When I was brainstorming, the first thing that came to mind was Blanka. Similar posture, funny-lookin moves, perfect. My problem is, DK doesn't have many Blanka-esque moves, besides the Blanka Ball, which I can cover with Screw Attack or something. That's where you come in.

Throw me some ideas! UMOP has very prominently created the more popular moves of the series, but I'm looking at all those support characters. I honestly don't play Street Fighter, partially because I was too interested in Smash. Nevertheless, those elements would be a fun change to the physics of good-ol' DK.

What I plan so far:
    - SF-esque physics
    - Shrink DK to human size =P

Possible Moves:

Jab: Electricity

F-Tilt: Slam Fierce Punch [Animation?]
    - High: Enemy Jump Fierce Punch [Animation?]
    - Low: Trip [Dash w/ Momentum]

D-Tilt: Same?

B: ?????

Neutral B: Blanka Ball [Screw]

Up B: Rainbow Roll [Screw]
    - Angled?
    -- How do I make him do an arc?

Down B: Ground Roll [Screw]
    Aerial Down B: Drop Ball [Screw]

***Focus Attack:***
    DK Punch, any ideas for graphics?

Possible Alternate Moves:

- Zangief Spin [Up-B]
    - - Mapped to U-Smash?

- Raishoken [Electric Shoryuken, LightThrowAirHi works fine]

- Hadouken? [FGrab, DThrow]

- Balrog's Uppercut Combo

Throw me some characters, and whatever moves would be interesting to see. For me, I gotta do more research.

- .Fade
    « Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 10:29:14 AM by .Fade » Logged

Fenox
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 07:00:19 PM »

Speaking of this someone should make a Jet the Hawk Moveset. Sorry, I know it aint related But, ya knows....

[3:38:36 PM] lfan: its how the specials built
    [3:38:42 PM] thutch: >.>
    [3:38:43 PM] lfan: JUST GO IN SPECIALS IN SIDE B
    [3:38:44 PM] lfan: DAMMIT
    [3:38:50 PM] thutch: I DID DAMMIT

SonicBurstX
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 07:29:26 PM »

Down B and be Thunder wave where when he smacks the ground and electricity comes out around him.

Change up b to side b and add some wind and electrical gfx, like a thunder storm or thunder tornado.

Up b can be the thunder ball.

You can change basic attacks to electrical combo moves.

And final smash can be a huge thunder storm and have the lightning item effect

LavaLatte [.Fade]
    .Paradox'd
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 08:25:38 PM »

Down B and be Thunder wave where when he smacks the ground and electricity comes out around him.

Change up b to side b and add some wind and electrical gfx, like a thunder storm or thunder tornado.

Up b can be the thunder ball.

You can change basic attacks to electrical combo moves.

And final smash can be a huge thunder storm and have the lightning item effect

Thing is, no one in SF has these moves. I'm looking for canon moves from street fighter. =D

Angelglory
    Extreme Kitten

I'm Ridley feelin' it!

• Awards Hot Topic Famous Hacker Featured

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 09:00:32 PM »

There's already a Zangief DK texture, so you could work from there I suppose.

LavaLatte [.Fade]
    .Paradox'd
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 09:02:37 PM »

There's already a Zangief DK texture, so you could work from there I suppose.

There's also a Blanka one, somewhere =P

Kirblord23
    Mega Kitten

Real men don't use avatars.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: September 25, 2009, 04:47:48 PM »

You cant have a street fighter psa without SHORRYUUKEEEENNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kyzon
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: September 26, 2009, 11:06:44 AM »

electric thingy should use a loop of the taunt where he shakes :3

Waveman
    Intermediate Kitten

King of Street Tekken Bros. Brawl

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: September 26, 2009, 12:55:43 PM »

I was lurking around, and then I found this, so I joined.

As far as Blanka Ball goes, the idea you have now, to use the Screw attack seems like the best choice. As well as Kyzon's suggestion for the electricity, as that was what I was thinking. Here are some suggestions I have for move placement.

D-Tilt could be Blanka's slide attack in SF4, and his D-Smash should be the sweep. The sweep could possibly be edited to be more like Mario's D-Smash.

Standing fierce Punch can be the F-Smash, with the charge up being at the point where Blanka's claws are at their highest. This attack in SF4 becomes an anti-air when when the foe is jumping so, I'm thinking to use the AA version as the Up Smash too.

Crouching fierce punch could be the F-Tilt. While Jumping fierce punch could be the F-Air, possibly with a range buff.

Jumping roundhouse should be the D-Air, and Jumping Medium Kick could be the N-Air.

U-Tilt could be Standing roundhouse, however this could also pass off as a U-Smash.

Rainbow Roll is a Perfect Up-B, but as far as his ball attacks go, I'm guessing you could use Electricity as the Neutral-B, with his normal Ball as the Forward-B, and The Ball Super (Where he rolls around on the ground), as the Down-B. Or you could switch Electricity and The Ball Super around.

As I said, I'm not sure how PSA creation works, do you have to use Animations from DK? or can you take animations from other characters and modify them for DK?

LavaLatte [.Fade]
    .Paradox'd
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: September 26, 2009, 02:23:38 PM »

As far as Blanka Ball goes, the idea you have now, to use the Screw attack seems like the best choice. As well as Kyzon's suggestion for the electricity, as that was what I was thinking. Here are some suggestions I have for move placement.

D-Tilt could be Blanka's slide attack in SF4, and his D-Smash should be the sweep. The sweep could possibly be edited to be more like Mario's D-Smash.

Standing fierce Punch can be the F-Smash, with the charge up being at the point where Blanka's claws are at their highest. This attack in SF4 becomes an anti-air when when the foe is jumping so, I'm thinking to use the AA version as the Up Smash too.

Crouching fierce punch could be the F-Tilt. While Jumping fierce punch could be the F-Air, possibly with a range buff.

Jumping roundhouse should be the D-Air, and Jumping Medium Kick could be the N-Air.

U-Tilt could be Standing roundhouse, however this could also pass off as a U-Smash.

Rainbow Roll is a Perfect Up-B, but as far as his ball attacks go, I'm guessing you could use Electricity as the Neutral-B, with his normal Ball as the Forward-B, and The Ball Super (Where he rolls around on the ground), as the Down-B. Or you could switch Electricity and The Ball Super around.

As I said, I'm not sure how PSA creation works, do you have to use Animations from DK? or can you take animations from other characters and modify them for DK?

My friend, I've been waiting for a response like this =D

First off, the only animations I can use are the ones DK already has programmed in. So no go for the sweep.

Screw Attack Blanka Ball is a given. His shaking IS a good idea, so that's settled. What attack should I map it to? I wanna be smart in what I map to the B moves, because they are the only moves that can leave the ground, and I don't want to waste them.

Using a momentum code I can make DK slide forward, but do you know of any good animations that would look like's Blanka's?I don't know any 0_o

Rainbow Roll was what I was thinking of for the Down-B, but Up-B makes more sense =P I was also thinking that tapping B again would make him drop straight down...what do you think?

Fierce Punch is iffy, 'cuz I dunno of any good animations. any suggestions?

Basically, the biggest problems with your suggestions are animations. But awesome ideas though, I need more people like you Azn

VILE
    Badass.
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container KCMM Old Timer Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: September 26, 2009, 06:37:55 PM »

These moves seem easy to do and his A combo should be mash A for electricity.

Zephiel:
    You know what I really like on my stack smash?
    Texture updates.

Androu1:
    @Zephiel: “your” Stack Smash?

LavaLatte [.Fade]
    .Paradox'd
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: September 26, 2009, 06:50:01 PM »

These moves seem easy to do and his A combo should be mash A for electricity.

Ah, why didn't I think of that? =P Thanks~

Waveman
    Intermediate Kitten

King of Street Tekken Bros. Brawl

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: September 26, 2009, 08:38:12 PM »

Crouching fierce punch could be the D-Tilt. While Jumping fierce punch could be the F-Air, possibly with a range buff.

My friend, I've been waiting for a response like this =D

First off, the only animations I can use are the ones DK already has programmed in. So no go for the sweep.

Screw Attack Blanka Ball is a given. His shaking IS a good idea, so that's settled. What attack should I map it to? I wanna be smart in what I map to the B moves, because they are the only moves that can leave the ground, and I don't want to waste them.

Using a momentum code I can make DK slide forward, but do you know of any good animations that would look like's Blanka's?I don't know any 0_o

Rainbow Roll was what I was thinking of for the Down-B, but Up-B makes more sense =P I was also thinking that tapping B again would make him drop straight down...what do you think?

Fierce Punch is iffy, 'cuz I dunno of any good animations. any suggestions?

Basically, the biggest problems with your suggestions are animations. But awesome ideas though, I need more people like you Azn

Good idea for Rainbow roll, but why not expand on it, when Blanka preforms Rainbow Roll EX he can change the Roll's trajectory. So how about by Pressing B, and then a Direction on the D-Stick, you can adjust the Roll's trajectory in that Direction, (Example: By pressing B-Down you send it downwards, and by pressing B-Forward you send it more Horizontally, ect.). It seems like a really good representation of Rainbow Roll EX.

Specials Move Map (IMO)

B: Electricity (I don't know if this can work with the A combo being Electricity though)
    B-Forward: Blanka Ball
    B-Up: Rainbow Roll
    B-Down: Super Roll
    Final Smash: Electric Ball (SF4 Ultra)

That's just what I was thinking.

This may seem odd, but DK's downed Status animation my be workable into the Slide, with some momentum of course. I don't know about the Grounded Fierce Punch but, DK's U-Tilt is a really good representation of the AA Fierce Punch.

DK's D-Tilt, though iffy, could possibly make a good version of Crouching Fierce Punch. I don't have a clue for Jumping fierce punch.

Finally standing Roundhouse, while this is also really strange, could be DK's backwards jump, this animation would be PERFECT, if you could just get it on the ground.

Dk's Down Air, if you tilt it to the side, and then make DK drop continuously while using it, like with Sonic's D-Air, could be Jumbing Roundhouse.
    « Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 09:03:09 AM by Waveman » Logged

LavaLatte [.Fade]
    .Paradox'd
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: September 27, 2009, 08:29:36 PM »

I currently learning from Eldrian how to work the D-Stick commands, so that might be possible. Smiley

I'm not quite sure on a lot of the move terminology, but when I'm not sleepy I'll research more. 

LavaLatte [.Fade]
    .Paradox'd
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: September 28, 2009, 10:07:24 AM »

Good idea for Rainbow roll, but why not expand on it, when Blanka preforms Rainbow Roll EX he can change the Roll's trajectory. So how about by Pressing B, and then a Direction on the D-Stick, you can adjust the Roll's trajectory in that Direction, (Example: By pressing B-Down you send it downwards, and by pressing B-Forward you send it more Horizontally, ect.). It seems like a really good representation of Rainbow Roll EX.

I'll be working on that. Azn I'm also making it that if you press A mid-animation, he'll drop straight down.
    Specials Move Map (IMO)

B: Electricity (I don't know if this can work with the A combo being Electricity though)
    B-Forward: Blanka Ball
    B-Up: Rainbow Roll
    B-Down: Super Roll
    Final Smash: Electric Ball (SF4 Ultra)

Sounds like a plan. If I manage to map Electricity to A, I'll need a new idea for B.

This may seem odd, but DK's downed Status animation my be workable into the Slide, with some momentum of course. I don't know about the Grounded Fierce Punch but, DK's U-Tilt is a really good representation of the AA Fierce Punch.

DK's D-Tilt, though iffy, could possibly make a good version of Crouching Fierce Punch. I don't have a clue for Jumping fierce punch.

Downed Animation? I could try. Btw, what do the Fierce Punches look like?

Finally standing Roundhouse, while this is also really strange, could be DK's backwards jump, this animation would be PERFECT, if you could just get it on the ground.

Backwards jump? You mean the one where he jump backwards off the ground? That doesn't look much like an attack...
    Dk's Down Air, if you tilt it to the side, and then make DK drop continuously while using it, like with Sonic's D-Air, could be Jumbing Roundhouse.

Thing is, you can't angle an animation.

Pages:  [1] 2 3
    Print
    Jump to: