Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9
Author Topic: Shulk PSA - Continued progress on V1.5  (Read 51462 times)
SilverBaretta
Expert Kitten

Longtime lurker, finally registered!

View Profile Awards
« Reply #105 on: April 06, 2014, 01:59:53 PM »

Same here if you want a Wii U test. Not like it's any real difference.  Cheesy

Something remixed this way comes...

Erico9001
Expert Kitten

Hmm... What do I say...

• Awards Fiery Topic Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #106 on: April 06, 2014, 09:14:00 PM »

Kienimaru already tried him out on the wii but thanks guys!

Lol, I know I keep saying this but I think he'll be released tomorrow

¸´…………Êrîçô>9000…………`¸
    '‹,¸¸,«^*^›„¸¸„‹^*^»,¸¸,‹'

Erico9001
    Expert Kitten

Hmm... What do I say...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #107 on: April 10, 2014, 04:56:46 PM »

Working on more stuff again. I'm going to stop making predictions for the release because I keep finding more things to do =P

¸´…………Êrîçô>9000…………`¸

Akeno/Archer
    Middle Class Devil, Counter Guardian, Son of Sparda and
    Special Access

"You will not forget this Devil's power!" -Vergil

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic Favorite'd Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #108 on: April 11, 2014, 11:18:12 AM »

*Subs* *Gets out*

"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
    Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
    Learning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Erico9001
    Expert Kitten

Hmm... What do I say...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #109 on: April 17, 2014, 11:53:03 PM »

Yep, and suddenly Shulk gets released. Enjoy, guys!

Download:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203267

¸´…………Êrîçô>9000…………`¸

Akeno/Archer
    Middle Class Devil, Counter Guardian, Son of Sparda and
    Special Access

"You will not forget this Devil's power!" -Vergil

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic Favorite'd Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #110 on: April 18, 2014, 06:05:17 AM »

Yep, and suddenly Shulk gets released. Enjoy, guys!

Download:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203267
    This deserves some testing.

"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
    Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
    Learning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

bleachmagic
    Hyper Kitten

The Creator still doesn't want a XboxOne

• Awards Featured Favorite'd Famous Hacker Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #111 on: April 18, 2014, 09:28:46 PM »

looks good, glad my mod is getting put to good use, what are your future plans or are you just about done with the moveset?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

GoMB-BallGamer4774
    Mega Kitten

Basketball is good for you.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #112 on: April 19, 2014, 07:29:38 PM »

Not trying to be greedy or anything, but since your a beginner PSA'er and your obviously doing a great job, are you planning on doing PSA's with characters like Mumkhar or Dunban? Because  I'm pretty sure this isn't going to be your last PSA.

Erico9001
    Expert Kitten

Hmm... What do I say...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #113 on: April 20, 2014, 12:51:08 PM »

Hmm well I've been thinking a lot about what I'll be doing from here on. For the most part I'm satisfied with Shulk. Kienamaru, someone who helped me a lot with this project, has mentioned to me he has been thinking about doing some work with Shulk. Though, I know he has a lot on his plate right now.

As for myself, I'm going to take a break. It may be long or short; I'm not really sure at this point. This stuff is really time consuming, and has getting in the way of school. This isn't usually such an issue for me, but AP Physics is a [censored]. We'll just need to wait and see what I do once AP tests are over.

For when I do come back, there are a couple things I have in mind for my next project.

I might decide to do a little more work with Shulk. I have been toying with the idea of making monado shield, monado armour, and monado speed into modes activated via fighter stances. Or, if Kienamaru is working on his version, I could see if I could help out with that.

----

The other idea I have is a new Xenoblade character. While Dunban would be neat, I would want to try something a little harder and more unique. Melia.

Tbh, the concept behind this psa gets me a little excited so I'll talk in depth about it.

Melia would operate similarly to how she does in the game. She is able to summon three elementals, each which would have different effects on her as they are summoned and as they are being cast.

The psa would operate through a complex series of "if bit variable is set" operations.

Side B, Down B, and some of the fighter stances would summon the elementals while the Neutral B would fire them. Up B is reserved for something to help melia recover. Maybe she could quickly summon wind and use it to launch her up.

The elementals I have in mind are:

--Aqua. While active it heals Melia 1 HP every x seconds. I've been thinking like maybe once every 3 seconds for one elemental summoned, once every 2.25 secs for 2, and once every 1.5 seconds for 3 water elementals. When fired, the elemental does only like 5 damage but heals Melia that amount. Would be coded like "If hitbox connects, add 5 damage"

--Bolt. In-game it increases Melia's ether while active, so I figure it should increase the damage of elementals being fired. Since there can be 0-3 of these active at once, I would pretty much have to have four different versions of the b attack made by the bit variables. When cast, has an electric flag and noise but no other effects. Is the most powerful of the B attacks.

--Flare. Powers up her A attacks a bit. When cast, it has a larger hitbox than the electric and uses a fire flag. Damage is moderately high. Don't think I can replicate the burn damage.

--Earth. Gives her slight damage resistance. I think this can be done through the super armor operation?? When fired it does an area effect that gives opponents flowers to represent poison.

A attacks would be hits with staff, kicks, maybe a slap. Smash attacks could possibly be based on starlight kick and spear break. I could maybe balance her in a way that the A attacks are weak and the special attacks are strong. Since the elemental strikes would probably be absorbed by ness/lucas and blocked by fox/falco/wolf, doing that might make her a little too weak to those characters.

I think she'd be over peach because zelda has no wiggle room.

My biggest worry is with getting the model since I have no experience with making models. Is it possible to add a bone for the spear?
    -I would probably see about having someone else get the model.

¸´…………Êrîçô>9000…………`¸

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.

• Awards Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #114 on: April 20, 2014, 01:02:56 PM »

I think I mentioned this to you, but you put too much effort into making Shulk's final work when all you needed was about 1 line of code.

Quote from: Miacis
    In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    Quote from: Miacis
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

Erico9001
    Expert Kitten

Hmm... What do I say...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #115 on: April 20, 2014, 05:33:44 PM »

I think I mentioned this to you, but you put too much effort into making Shulk's final work when all you needed was about 1 line of code.
    All I did was copy and pasted the code to another action and directed the original action to it. I'm guessing the other solution is to hex? I'll bet my solution was a lot easier than learning how to do that Tongue.

Post Merge: April 21, 2014, 10:57:27 AM
    Put some more thought into Melia. I would probably need to make the A attacks weaker to start with so that she doesn't get op with three flare elementals summoned. With three, though, her A attacks would be above average. The same goes for the strength of the elemental attacks so that she doesn't get op with three of the bolt elementals.

This is what gets me excited about the concept. Once balanced properly, Melia would be a versatile character whose style reflects the person playing as her. If the person prefers ranged attacking they would probably go for more of an electric style. If they prefer a more aggressive style they would probably go for pure electric or flare, depending on if they prefer ranged or close combat. If more defensive they might lean for earth and water and possibly mix some electric or flare.

I could probably do another elemental, the wind elemental, which would increase the speed of the character since it increases agility in the game. It would be activated if Melia uses up B while on the ground. However, I'm not really sure if this elemental is needed. It probably wouldn't hurt, but would make the series of bit variable codes even more complex.
    « Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 10:58:11 AM by Erico9001 » Logged

¸´…………Êrîçô>9000…………`¸

Kienamaru
    Brawl Minus Developer
    Holy Kitten

Never Collab me for anything...

• Awards 64-bit Hardcore Gamer Hot Topic Favorite'd Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #116 on: April 21, 2014, 12:38:29 PM »

After watching the video and seeing the recovery in action, he DEFINITELY needs it to function differently. It should be a multihitter. I know the move is wind and supposed to blow things away, but you can make it do that with the last hitbox by making it cover his entire cyclone. That's the most dysfunctional recovery I think I've ever seen.

Young Link recently broke 3000 downloads. If you haven't already, Check it out!

Recently released: Sacred/Fusion Dark Interloper Link.

What ever happened to Tifa?

Erico9001
    Expert Kitten

Hmm... What do I say...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #117 on: April 21, 2014, 03:22:08 PM »

After talking with Kienamaru there's been a slight change in plans. Shulk still needs a little work. In like a V1.5 release, improvements will be made to the Up B, a mode or two will be created, and improvements to the up tilt and side tilts will be made.

---------------

I also made an ASCII Monado.

....................................¸,.,¸,«^*¨¯¨*^» ¸
    ¸´¨*¨*¨*¨*¨*¨*¨*¨*¨*¨’........¸«^*¨*^»¸..`*¸
    ; O ¸,¸,¸,¸,¸,¸,¸,¸,¸ ¸,¸.......,‘ ............. ’,......’*^¤›~-·~ -•·- .,_¸_,_¸_,_¸_,_¸_,_¸_,_¸,_¸
    .’¬’.......................V....‘,.....;  ............... ;................................................. ....................‘›
    ....................................', ...’, ............. ,’............Érïçð.......................9001...................,’
    .................................... ; .....‘›.,¸ ¸ ¸,.‹’..................................................................¸ ›’
    ...................................´¸........................... ¸ „ . ~ -·-·-~-·-•·-~-·~~-·~+¤^*¨
    .......................................'* » . „ ¸ ¸ ¸ „ . «*´

Might look different if you're using a different browser or are zoomed in or out in that browser.
    Should look like this:

¸´…………Êrîçô>9000…………`¸

Not Kratos
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #118 on: April 21, 2014, 04:24:17 PM »

Oh, can you maybe change the aesthetics for the down special? It still resembles / sounds like Ike's counter, which bothers me because Shulk isn't a Fire Emblem character.

Erico9001
    Expert Kitten

Hmm... What do I say...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #119 on: April 21, 2014, 10:04:10 PM »

Oh, can you maybe change the aesthetics for the down special? It still resembles / sounds like Ike's counter, which bothers me because Shulk isn't a Fire Emblem character.
    Yea. That's another thing I can do. I've been having trouble coming up with what he would do though. He's supposed to be seeing into the future when he does it, but there's never any sort of pose he makes when he does the down b. What I've been thinking is he could put his sword in front of him, like the pose he goes into for a bit in the final smash, and instead of a blue flash on the sword there could be a instead a flash on his head.

<a href="http://youtu.be/GZ-MX8JwWPU?t=10m47s" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtu.be/GZ-MX8JwWPU?t=10m47s</a>

If you skip to around 10 minutes and 48 seconds there's a great shot of when he sees into the future. There's that noise and that flash. That's what I'll try to create.

The noise actually sounds kind of like the noise that already sounds when the down b is used, but without the metal clanginess. Oo, and I notice that it sounds even more like the noise that plays on Ike's or Marth's entry. This makes things even easier... I only need to use psa then.

Cool, looks like I have a plan for that now.

--

Oh yes, and you had asked a while back if I could compile the wavs I used for the sfx. I'll see about doing that some time soon. The thing is that they aren't very organized.

¸´…………Êrîçô>9000…………`¸

Pages:  1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9
    Print
    Jump to: