Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2
Author Topic: How to Clone Characters with no .rel file(Exmodule) like Fox on Brawlex  (Read 10445 times)
TheGentlemanX
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: April 02, 2015, 08:55:53 PM »

I know how to do everything, I just don't know how to clone a character that doesn't have a .rel file/Exmodule  need help or a link to a tip, guide, or tutorial. Thank you in advance to whomever responds. Angel

windhunter7
BrawlVault Gatekeeper
Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 09:03:19 PM »

The other characters you may just be able to rename the files of, as some bonesets are interchangeable. For example, I know that Marth and Ike have the same bonesets, so you could just rename one to the other.(e.g. FitMarth00.pcs to FitIke00.pcs) I think, but not am entirely sure, that Mario/Luigi and Ness/Lucas also are interchangeable in the same way. I know that there are other characters that are interchangeable simply by renaming the file, but I don't exactly know which characters.

TheGentlemanX
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 09:14:18 PM »

So what you are saying is that I can use Mario Exmodule for luigi's clone or say wolf's exmodule for fox's clone.

Afterthought
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Ninja Renowned Hacker >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: April 02, 2015, 09:51:00 PM »

So what you are saying is that I can use Mario Exmodule for luigi's clone or say wolf's exmodule for fox's clone.

Sadly, no. His advice has absolutely nothing to do with your issue.

It is not possible to properly clone characters that don't have ExModules. It sucks, but that's just the way it is.

so im just saying hopefully somebody can look into this if not ill probably take a shot at it later on because right now im too busy partying with some [censored]es

TheGentlemanX
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: April 03, 2015, 12:37:14 AM »

So is there anyway that I can make an exmodule who made the modules anyway

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2015, 05:47:23 AM »

Exactly.

Sadly, no. His advice has absolutely nothing to do with your issue.

It is not possible to properly clone characters that don't have ExModules. It sucks, but that's just the way it is.

Yes it does; I've ported characters over other characters without rels this way, and it's because the bonesets are the same, so logically, then a clone with the same boneset must also have this ability to switch with other characters in terms of characters with the same bones.

Afterthought
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: April 03, 2015, 06:04:50 AM »

Yes it does; I've ported characters over other characters without rels this way, and it's because the bonesets are the same, so logically, then a clone with the same boneset must also have this ability to switch with other characters in terms of characters with the same bones.

I would love to see proof of this, since you seem to know everything.

By my understanding, Mario and Luigi don't even have the same properties for some of their moves, and that's more important than their damn bonesets. Fox and Wolf are the same way. That's the reason why modules haven't been done for them so quickly. Cloning characters involves more than their bones, you know. The characters also have different coding and properties.

But if I am wrong, by all means, please prove me wrong.

PhantomWings builds the modules. You can read more about this stuff in the official BrawlEx thread.

I suggest not trying with ExModules that don't correspond with the characters themselves but if you want to try it, more power to you.
    « Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 06:19:55 AM by HypnotizeOverdrive » Logged

so im just saying hopefully somebody can look into this if not ill probably take a shot at it later on because right now im too busy partying with some [censored]es

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2015, 06:18:48 AM »

While I may not have proof that it will work with BrawlEx, (Because I don't have access to a Wii anyway, and I haven't managed to successfully create any clones whatsoever with the clone engine) I do have proof that even characters with custom PSAs can be ported over other characters with the same bonesets:
    Original Ghirahim PSA over Ike: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203433
    My Version Over Marth(Because I thought Marth was more like Ghirahim than Ike): http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=206576

And "the same properties for their moves" would just mean a PSA, which would just mean you can replace it with a different PSA; that's all that would mean. Mayhaps the reason that the modules "weren't done for them so quickly" is that they don't need to be able to be cloned, because they can just be ported over already-cloned characters with this method...
    It's not hard to just copy Luigi's animation files(FitLuigi.pac, FitLuigiMotionEtc.pac, etc.) into Mario's cloned folder and just rename the files themselves to FitMario...
    You can do it with regular characters, and it is basically like porting the actual character over the other, so it will work with BrawlEx, too!

P.S. At least give him a chance to try it, since it'll work, before you demand "proof" that it'll work when I've done porting this way before, and it's pure logicallity that means that it will also work with BrawlEx cloned characters. I may not know how to animate(With the exception of animating a single object in Unity), but I know enough about animations to know that the same bonesets just mean that the rig has a different character ported over the bones, and so they are interchangeable. That's why this method works for normal Brawl, and it's why it works for BrawlEx, because they're the same character, just having a different character placed over the bones.(Mario/Luigi placed over a single character rig, etc.)

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Heart Container

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2015, 06:37:13 AM »

there models are exactly the same. and that doesnt have to do with his question.  and the psa is different so it wouldnt work. try answering the actual question next time

you can. its pretty diffcult though. PhantomWings made the modules. you would have to look at his, see what he did, and try to do similar things to the characters who dont have one such as fox. its doable but chances are you wont be able to. sorry if that sounds rude. wasnt ment to be. only like, 2 people where able to make their own and they are very experienced with rels

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

Afterthought
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: April 03, 2015, 06:49:59 AM »

-snip-

I look through your posts and notice that you really post nothing to help people. You need to learn what it means to help people, considering all you do is post irrelevant subject matter.

If you have no proof of a method, why would you even suggest the method? Where's the logic?

OP is not asking to put models over a moveset, he's asking how to make 1:1 clones of a moveset, regardless of the model or boneset.

BrawlEx does not work like this whatsoever. Look into something before posting about it, please.
    « Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 06:57:37 AM by HypnotizeOverdrive » Logged

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2015, 07:08:49 AM »

How can I trust what you say on this, though? I've ported characters in this way, I'm actually making games and have learned a bit about animations, and you don't even show anything in your Vault, which doesn't look good for showing experience. At least with Onii-chan, I almost trust him, as he at least shows experience with imports and animations.(I would have imports and animations, but Brawl animations are a different format than what I'm used to, and I can't import, because I don't have 3DS Max or anything; but I do know how to rig, and I know the principles of animation) He's still incorrect, though, as he even says,"The psa is different, so it wouldn't work" which can't be true, because the whole idea of BrawlEx is to have a unique psa for each slot. I know, because I'm on the Super Smash Blast team. Also, you must not have actually seen my recent posts, or misread them or something, as I am almost never wrong in my advice. In fact, recently, I gave like 3 people advice on how to view textures in another program, which I have done a lot myself.

Also, Onii-chan, did those people ever release those .rels? Because Brawl 4 All has cloned characters other than the ones in the BrawlEx Clone Engine list, and I don't believe anyone on the team whatsoever released any .rels. Also, notice at all how there are NO Jigglypuff clones in the pack? It's because she has a unique set of bones, and can't just be another character renamed. R.O.B. and a few others, however, are cloned in the pack, as they have the same bones as other characters, like for example, R.O.B. was made using Mario's clone. In fact, I remember someone who works on those BrawlEx packs on the actual .rel porting and stuff that R.O.B. can be cloned using Mario's files. For one who does animations, I should think that you should know about animations, but apparently not if you don't know about switching characters in that method.(Also, characters like Luigi may actually have to have their visibility bones changed or something, because I know Luigi has his own bone for just his nose, which nobody else has, not even Mario, so I don't think that Mario and Luigi are interchangeable unless Luigi's re-rigged.)

Afterthought
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: April 03, 2015, 07:29:29 AM »

-snip-

I'm starting to see why you have such a bad rep. You're pretty dense.

I don't need experience to know how to read, to see what is and is not possible. The fact that you suggested a method you didn't even try yourself, and then the fact that you asked if you can trust me, when I wasn't the one that made the suggestion, speaks volumes about how hardheaded you really are.

I'm not going to pursue this but my inbox is open if you really want to discuss this. This isn't a discussion thread.
    « Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 07:32:26 AM by HypnotizeOverdrive » Logged

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2015, 07:33:57 AM »

Maybe I am dense; but it doesn't change that what I said will most likely work, and you have no proof otherwise. For proof that it works, why not just ask TheGentlemanX  if he got it to work after he tries it?

Afterthought
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: April 03, 2015, 07:43:41 AM »

Maybe I am dense; but it doesn't change that what I said will most likely work, and you have no proof otherwise. For proof that it works, why not just ask TheGentlemanX  if he got it to work after he tries it?

Why don't YOU try it? YOU SUGGESTED IT. YOU SHOULD KNOW, BUT YOU DO NOT HAVE PROOF. THAT'S THE POINT.
    « Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 07:45:22 AM by HypnotizeOverdrive » Logged

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2015, 07:50:53 AM »

(Because I don't have access to a Wii anyway, and I haven't managed to successfully create any clones whatsoever with the clone engine)

I would try it if I had these things as options, but I don't even have access to a Wii right now, so I can't. And I can bet that TheGentlemanX will be able to do this before I do, since I won't be able to until probably Tuesday. So, if he doesn't post that he did it and/or will do it before then, then I will do it and show you! Since you won't listen to me.

Pages:  [1] 2
    Print
    Jump to: