Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I need help with adding characters!  (Read 2983 times)
Jesse4060
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: January 28, 2016, 07:22:42 PM »

Hello!
I need to ask with, If I wanted to add two custom character mods that replace the same character, how would I do that?
(Like, say I wanted to have the Guko mod, and the ridley mod for project M, but they both replace pit. I want to have both Goku and Ridley.)

Ebola16
Importer of Dreams
Boss Kitten

Brawl R&D // Dolphin Emulator Dev

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 08:52:45 PM »

It sounds like you're looking for Brawlex.
    It can be somewhat complicated to setup so it would be best to modify an existing Brawlex setup to learn how it works.

There's also an experimental setup for using Project M with Brawlex (DiY Beta 2 PATCH RELEASE Project M D.I.Y. (A Project M + BrawlEx Template) 11/10).
    « Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 09:08:26 PM by ebola16 » Logged

Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
    I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Jesse4060
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 11:44:32 PM »

It sounds like you're looking for Brawlex.
    It can be somewhat complicated to setup so it would be best to modify an existing Brawlex setup to learn how it works.

There's also an experimental setup for using Project M with Brawlex (DiY Beta 2 PATCH RELEASE Project M D.I.Y. (A Project M + BrawlEx Template) 11/10).

But wouldn't I have to have to have a FighterConfig file or something like that?
    Plus, I have no idea how to set up BrawlEx, or add a new character using BrawlEx. >.<

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 11:55:38 PM »

Yes, default configuration files (including FighterConfig) and instructions are contained in the first post of the Brawlex thread. Downloading a pack already configured to use Brawlex and comparing it with the instructions is the best way to learn. If you want to modify Brawlex further, it will require a lot of trial and error but it's doable.

Also, don't use the "Brawlex Clone Tool" it doesn't work with the latest version of Brawlex.
    « Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 11:57:38 PM by ebola16 » Logged

I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Jesse4060
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: January 30, 2016, 01:06:21 AM »

Yes, default configuration files (including FighterConfig) and instructions are contained in the first post of the Brawlex thread. Downloading a pack already configured to use Brawlex and comparing it with the instructions is the best way to learn. If you want to modify Brawlex further, it will require a lot of trial and error but it's doable.

Also, don't use the "Brawlex Clone Tool" it doesn't work with the latest version of Brawlex.

So, Would I have to make the fighter config file myself? Or edit it, or something? o.0

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: January 30, 2016, 01:15:40 AM »

That's how customization works! The more things you want to change, the more work will be required. Almost all edits that involve adding/removing a character will require making changes to fighterconfig. Edit the default fighterconfig (or the donwloaded pack's fighterconfig) in a hex editor (like HxD in the resources section).

Here is a functional Brawlex pack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49MYbK7hlT0

Jesse4060
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: January 30, 2016, 01:38:49 AM »

That's how customization works! The more things you want to change, the more work will be required. Almost all edits that involve adding/removing a character will require making changes to fighterconfig. Edit the default fighterconfig (or the donwloaded pack's fighterconfig) in a hex editor (like HxD in the resources section).

Here is a functional Brawlex pack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49MYbK7hlT0

Huh...
    OKay, so sorry if I'm being a bother or being annoying, but do you know if it's possible to change a character replacement mod (Like the Goku over Pit mod) into a BrawlEx Fighter mod thing.

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: January 30, 2016, 01:48:18 AM »

Yes. If the base fighter's module file (Pit in your case) can be found in the downloads on first post of the Brawlex thread, that base character (and all movesets designed for it) can be cloned.

Pit is one of the cloneable characters so you can have both Pit and Goku with Brawlex.

Jesse4060
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: January 30, 2016, 01:57:09 PM »

Yes. If the base fighter's module file (Pit in your case) can be found in the downloads on first post of the Brawlex thread, that base character (and all movesets designed for it) can be cloned.

Pit is one of the cloneable characters so you can have both Pit and Goku with Brawlex.

Ok, so I'm going to use this thing --> (DiY Beta 2 PATCH RELEASE Project M D.I.Y. (A Project M + BrawlEx Template) 11/10) that you gave me, do you happen to know how to set it up and add a character to it? Is it different than normal BrawlEx?

« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 02:02:32 PM by Jesse4060 » Logged

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: January 30, 2016, 04:01:53 PM »

I know a lot about Brawlex as it's the setup I use. I'm not interested in Project M so I don't use the PM + Brawlex setup. I have taken a look at PM + Brawlex and the method for editing it is the same as editing Brawlex (explained in the first post of the Brawlex thread).

If you decide to use PM + Brawlex, I won't be able to tell the difference between an error on your end and an error introduced by integrating PM into Brawlex. I'd suggest posting further questions in the DiY Beta 2 PATCH RELEASE Project M D.I.Y. (A Project M + BrawlEx Template) 11/10 thread as they could help you better. I've communicated with its developers before and they're friendly.

Jesse4060
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: January 30, 2016, 07:47:53 PM »

I know a lot about Brawlex as it's the setup I use. I'm not interested in Project M so I don't use the PM + Brawlex setup. I have taken a look at PM + Brawlex and the method for editing it is the same as editing Brawlex (explained in the first post of the Brawlex thread).

If you decide to use PM + Brawlex, I won't be able to tell the difference between an error on your end and an error introduced by integrating PM into Brawlex. I'd suggest posting further questions in the DiY Beta 2 PATCH RELEASE Project M D.I.Y. (A Project M + BrawlEx Template) 11/10 thread as they could help you better. I've communicated with its developers before and they're friendly.

Hey-o, me again.
    I wanted to ask one more thing, is making a full character with it's own moveset and look different from adding a character to my game using brawlex?

Also, What would I need to make my own character?

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: January 30, 2016, 08:03:48 PM »

Yes making a character and moveset is very different from using an already completed character/moveset and will require some programming knowledge. The Attack and Animation board is the best place to go for making your own movesets but it is quite complicated.

Useful programs for making your own character and moveset:
    Importing models: Blender, 3ds Max, or Maya
    Converting .dae models into Brawl-readable files: Brawlbox
    Creating/editing animations: Blender, 3ds Max, or Maya
    Creating/editing Brawl movesets: Project Smash Attacks (PSA)

A note on PSA, it has its own scripting language and it is explained in the included documentation. I personally have never made a moveset so the Attack and Animation people are better to contact than me for moveseets. PowerPC assembly and floating point knowledge is also helpful.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: