Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 ... 6
Author Topic: Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)  (Read 173726 times)
Ebola16
Importer of Dreams
Boss Kitten

Brawl R&D // Dolphin Emulator Dev

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « on: August 03, 2016, 12:31:21 AM »

This thread contains information that requires a thorough understanding of how Brawlex works. If you are new to Brawlex, start with the information in the first post of the Brawlex thread (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65113.0).

The idea of this thread is to add information that was not covered in the Brawlex thread's first post. This important information can get lost among the questions. I've started by adding my own information but others are welcome to add their findings too. Please don't post requests for a tutorial here. Please limit posts to new (well tested) information or questions/clarifications about the information that has been posted on this thread. Ctrl+F will be your friend here!

Also, PmEx (Project M + Brawlex) has some different specifications than Brawlex although they share many similarities. Please look here for PmEx information: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=74722.0

4GB (or larger) virtual SD for Dolphin usage

15 Costumes per moveset (BX Clone Engine v2.0.0.0 Stable only, see BrawlEx Clone Engine v2.0.0.0 Extended Edition (RSBE.Ver) if you are using that):
    I managed to get 15 costumes working for every character!

Note: * is a wildcard character and refers to the Internal Name of a character assigned in Fighter##.dat

Brawlex supports Fit*00-11, Fit*Dark, and Fit*Spy for a total of 14 costumes per moveset. It also supports Fit*Fake but somehow the path for that file became corrupted (except for Bowser). It turns out that Brawlex was looking for the wrong file in the corrupted path so the solution only requires some creative renaming.

To use the corrupted Fit*Fake path you'll need to rename the Fit*.pcs you want to add to FitKirbyFighter65Ex.pac, where Fighter65Ex is the Internal Name assigned to Fighter65.dat (use Fighter65Ex if Fighter65.dat does not exist). The extension change is also important, Brawlex wants to load a .pcs named .pac.

Place your properly named FitKirbyFighter65Ex.pac in ...\pf\fighter\*\Fit*Fakekirby

Transforming characters (Pokemon Trainer, Samus/ZSS, Zelda/Sheik, Wario/Wario-Man) require an additional step. Although the game initially loads Fit*Fake from a corrupted pathway (except Bowser), if a character transforms it will load Fit*Fake from the proper pathway. Transforming characters should have files in both the corrupted and expected locations to utilize Fit*Fake.

An example, if the Internal Name of my Fighter65.dat is "Vaati" and I want to use the corrupted Fit*Fake pathway for the Zelda moveset, I would rename FitZelda00.pcs to FitKirbyVaati.pac and place it in ...pf\fighter\zelda\FitZeldaFakekirby
    Since Zelda is a transforming character, I would also place FitZeldaFake.pcs and FitZeldaFake.pac in ...\pf\fighter\zelda and repeat the process for Sheik.

Use costume ID 0D to call the Fit*Fake slot in CSSSlot##.dat. Don't forget that some characters will require Fit*Entry## files to be used! I highly recommend looking at Dolphin logs to see what happens if you have a freeze.

Tested with multiple characters on both Dolphin and a real Wii. No regressions found so far!

20 Costume slots per moveset MenSelchrFaceA_TopN__0.pat0 (adapt the rest of Brawlex's config files to this layout) Note, we can't use all 20 of these slots yet though:
    I'm was a little hesitant to answer Nebulon's question because I know someone will eventually try the "20 CSPs for all Brawlex characters" setup and waste hours improperly renaming files.

For my peace of mind, I'm going to post my working MenSelchrFaceA_TopN__0.pat0. It can be used in troubleshooting or a base for setting up Brawlex.

If you download this file, do note that you can deviate from what I chose. You will also end up renaming/editing A TON (POSSIBLY THOUSANDS) of files depending on how many characters you have.
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/vtjobu85187fipj/MenSelchrFaceA_TopN__0.pat0

50 Costume Code Implementation Guide (incompatible with BrawlEx Clone Engine v2.0.0.0 Extended Edition)

AIScriptPad 2.0.1 (current version at the time of writing this), which can be used for AI teleporting recovery for custom movesets based on non-teleporting characters

Alternate Stage/.rel Loader (vBrawl compatible) (ASRL, virtually unlimited stages with almost any module file)
    A few notes for anyone who tries to use ASRL with Brawlex:
    1. The layout of the custom SSS code that accompanies the new ASRL is slightly messed up but well documented. You can use your old custom SSS code and just replace the new STGCUSTOM26-28 if you want too. Switching the association of STGCUSTOM26-28's stage cosmetics with their replaced stage is easier than making whole new stage cosmetics (and PAT0 entries...).
    2. Big Blue is missing from the ASRL setup but it works fine if you add it. (Unlike Castle Siege and Lylat Cruise)
    3. The DATA section of "ASRL - Stages" and "ASRL - Modules" codes are identical (except Flat Zone 2, which uses 0x47570E50 for "ASRL - Stages" and 0x47570E52 for "ASRL - Modules" (credit to secretchaos1)). The ASL tool edits the "ASRL - Stages" code so you can just copy over the changes for the "ASRL - Modules" code, with the exception of Flat Zone 2.
    4. The old Custom Sound Engine is incompatible with the new ASRL. The new Custom sound engine must be used. Keep in mind that it loads files from a different location and has slightly different acceptable filename ranges.
    5. The Tracklist Modifier code is compatible with STGCUSTOM26-28 too (don't forget about the byte count!)

Best resolution images in BX CSS Expansion v2.0.0.x's cs_tex###.brres:
    Quote from: Ebola16
    cs_tex###.brres's size limit is 250 KB. Since we now can use up to 15 costumes for each moveset, we can exceed this size limit.
    To prevent this, at 128*160 pixel CSP's, you can have one of the following:
    12 CI8 encoded images @248-250KB
    11 CI8 and 2 CMPR encoded images @248-250KB
    10 CI8 and 4 CMPR encoded images @248-250KB
    9 CI8 and 6 CMPR encoded images @247-250KB
    Also, this link is useful for creating shared pallets to reduce texture sizes if applicable: Shared CSP data - near CI8 quality, sub-CMPR size

BrawlEx AI Final Smash usage glitch:
    Brawlex clone AI players tend to immediately use their Final Smash when possible.

BrawlEx Clone Engine v2.0.0.0 Extended Edition (RSBE.Ver) [JOJI] notes:
    Thanks for posting Lillith! I previously used the unstable BX CSS Expansion v2.0.0.x anyway so this is perfect for me! I can confirm the character select screen (CSS) portion of BrawlEx Clone Engine v2.0.0.0 Extended Edition (RSBE.Ver) works with both a real Wii and Dolphin. In my current setup shown below, I am able to use 101 CSS slots!

Important notes regarding BrawlEx Clone Engine v2.0.0.0 Extended Edition (RSBE.Ver):

1. This is based on BX CSS Expansion v2.0.0.x and has its limitations. There will be significant lag on real Wiis when loading character selection portraits. This problem is minor on Dolphin Emulator though.

2. There are 2 versions of bx_fighter.rel included in the download on JOJI's website. One is for using special characters (ex. Warioman) and the other does not use them. I haven't tested the special character version but it seems to modify some of the incomplete slots for characters not included in the final roster. This can cause problems if you've already repurposed those slots with elevated config files. The non-special character version had no problem with my elevated config files.

3. Now that a large number of movesets can be used in Brawl, there isn't much room for character names announced by the announcer. I've already replaced all of the Wiimote SFX and some unused sounds for 100 announcer names. I foresaw running out of space so I decided to remove them. I did this by redirecting or replacing the announcer names, "The Winner Is..", and team color names with blank audio files. I plan on seeing if the SoundBank Expansion System v1.4 works with announcer names in the future.

4. The "Ready to fight" bar is definitely in the way now so you may want to check out How to move the "Ready to Fight" bar offscreen

5. If you plan on using the Fake slot for characters, the corrupted path bug is still around but the path has changed:

* Bowser - for some reason Bowser is unaffected by this bug. The Fake slot works as expected.

* Mr. Game and Watch - Rename your .pcs to FitFighterEDEx.pac
    The extension change is important. Brawlex expects a .pcs named as a .pac
    Place FitFighterEDEx.pac in ...\fighter\Gamewatch\FitGameWatchfightereeex\FitFighterEEEx.pacfighteredex
    If you care about transforming or P:M All-star mode, place the normal Fake .pcs AND .pac in their expected locations too.

* All other characters - Rename your .pcs to FitFighterEDEx.pac
    The extension change is important. Brawlex expects a .pcs named as a .pac
    Place FitFighterEDEx.pac in ...\fighter\*\Fit*Fakefighteredex
    Replace * with the character's name.
    If you care about transforming or P:M All-star mode, place the normal Fake .pcs AND .pac in their expected locations too.

Images (The sideways names are an experiment unrelated to Brawlex. I wanted to include names without obscuring images. I simply changed sc.selcharacter.pac -> MiscData[30] -> 3DModels -> MenSelchrCname4_TopN -> Bones -> MenSelchrCname4_TopN -> nameNEn's rotation to (0,0,-90) and translation to (8.5,2,-0.3)).

Max potential slots adapted to my setup:

Current setup (101 moveset slots exceeds the previous max of 100 moveset slots!):

I'm liking what I see so far and this is going to be my new default setup!

I believe that All star VS Beta 10.01d [wiiztec] won't work with BrawlEx Clone Engine v2.0.0.0 Extended Edition  Cry

Brawlex .rel conflict glitch:
    Try to avoid having a player select an original brawl character for one match and then select a clone based on that character for the next match as this can cause instability (backing out of the CSS after every match can avoid this problem but the crash is infrequent enough for me that I don't think it's worth it). Probably the cause of SSBB Alloc Buffer failed. Some of the codes on JOJI's website may help with this problem.

CSS Expansion, homerun, multiman Wifi fix:
    Another update for CSS Expansion stuff; Same process as before, just replace the sora_menu_sel_char or miscData[13] in common3 with this and you will be able to use homerun contest and multiman brawl with CSS Expansion in Wiimmfii

Vanilla
    PMEx

Custom Franchise Icons

ds22's Code Showcase

"Elevated config" definition:
    I believe Elevated config refers to setting "0x0C Edit Flags" in the config files to 0x01. This allows the game to read "Not set unless specified in Edit Flags" values. I use them for making Brawlex Boss slots usable. They also seem to be necessary for transforming Brawlex characters, though I have not set one up myself. Although pikazz has: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=66478.0

GLITCH Brawlex Record ID:
    I noticed a problem with the way BrawlEx handles single player records (Break the Targets, Multiman, etc.) It's character specific, and I can't seem to find a work around.

The issue is that playing as certain characters saves their records over other characters. For instance, King Dedede's records save as Pokemon Trainer, and Wolf saves as Toon Link. Others, like Mario and Link, save perfectly fine.

I've experimented a lot and found out that it has to be the BrawlEx Common2.pac file. I tried to set up the configs for characters to redirect the save slot, but it didn't have an effect. No codes are impacting this either. I've tried to look through Common2 but I wasn't able to determine what was causing this issue.

I contact Ebola16 about this, and he came to the same conclusion as me, that it must be either Common2 (specifically the sora_melee.rel) or the main BrawlEx .rel file (bx_fighter.rel).

GLITCH Kirby Spy costume crashes
    Using Kirby's Spy costume slot outside of Clear brawl can cause crashes relating to the copy ability, even if it is replaced with another model. Dark and Fake costumes do not have this problem.

After a few matches (2-4) in a row where Spy costume Kirby copies an ability, there is a high chance that Brawl will freeze when trying to start the next match with Kirby. Dolphin logs indicate the crash occurs shortly after beginning to create Kirby's fighter instance.

How to move the "Ready to Fight" bar offscreen

JOJI's SSBB HACK website (Japanese language, English translation is WIP)
    Some example codes:
    BrawlEx Clone Engine v2.0.0.0 Extended Edition allows for 242 moveset slots and their associated cosmetic data! See this for an example.

The SoundBank Expansion System and Hitbox Sound Effect Change System got bug fixes!

And BrawlEx Clone Engine Final Smash Music Fix (RSBE.Ver) actually works with the SoundBank Expansion System enabled!

I'm fairly confident that SoundBank Expansion System (RSBE.Ver) [JOJI] depends on smashbros_sound.brsar to be at a certain offset on Brawl's ISO.  The code won't work for people who recompile their ISO with WIT from an extracted filesystem.

[Legacy TE] Always use PACs instead of PCS files [DukeItOut]: Brawlex's corrupted Fake costume path workaround
    [Legacy TE] Always use PACs instead of PCS files [DukeItOut]
    * 0484CB40 60000000

saves a lot of space and works around Brawlex's corrupted Fake costume path bug. Fit*Fake.pac loads as expected with this code.

Official font for CSP Names

Pyotrluzhin's Lab

Tracklist Modifier
    The Tracklist Modifier v1.0 code causes Brawlex mods to freeze if a player backs out to the start screen and then pushes start again due to "Can't Alloc Heap Buffer." Use Song Forcer Codes or Tracklist Modifer [standardtoaster] instead.

Wiimms ISO Tools (WIT) modified ISO file size limit
    WIT has the ability to increase the size of an .iso. There is a limitation to this however. As explaind by Wiimms on gbatemp:

"There is at least one limit:
    The H3 checksum area is limited (always constant 0x18000 (=98304) bytes). So it can hold 4915 checksums. This limits a partition to 9.,5 GiB.
    I never tested, if a larger H3 is possible.

details (I wrote it in german): https://wiiki.wii-homebrew.com/Wii-Image#Verschl.C3.BCsselung_und_Pr.C3.BCfsummen "
    « Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 02:42:21 AM by Ebola16 » Logged

Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
    I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Lawliet
    Hyper Kitten

Life's a puzzle.

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Favorite'd Dedicated Hacker Tutorial Writer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 08:06:04 PM »

15-20 costumes...now this is some revolutionary stuff. Bravo!

#MakeNintendoWiFiGreatAgain
    A girl who bullies you is just showing their ignorance while at the same time is too stupid to tell you she likes you.ヽ( ͡°╭​͜ʖ╮​͡° )ノ

Smash 4 Cloud Project:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=77350.0

Smash 4 Cloud discord: https://discord.gg/P8e4JUC

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5wsEF4QhWfmmRAKfSNymaw

Anther's Ladder: TheTriforceLink
    Smash 3DS mains: Link, Shulk, Falco, Cloud, Villy

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 04:42:09 PM »

Thanks! Though we are able to use 15 costumes now, utilizing costume slots 16-20 will require more work. The 15th costume used the last available slot in CSSSlot##.dat. The common3's sora_menu_sel_char.rel will need to be rewritten to read a larger CSSSlot##.dat but that is currently beyond my abilities.

And for some reason my quotes were missing backslashes. I fixed this.

I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: August 10, 2016, 08:58:18 PM »

did someone ever figure out something for multiple giga bowsers?

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: August 10, 2016, 10:21:24 PM »

I currently run two Giga Bowsers. The spy costume loads FitGKoopaSpy.pac and FitGKoopaSpy.pcs. The rest load FitGKoopa00.pac and FitGKoopa00.pcs (even with multiple final smash files enabled in the fighter config for Bowser).

Post Merge: August 10, 2016, 10:37:17 PM
    I also took a look at Giga Bowser's fighter config file. None of the costume flags are set. It may be possible to enable them and rewrite Bowser's final smash to function similar to Zelda/Sheik's transform for a set time period before transforming back.

I believe Elevated config refers to setting "0x0C Edit Flags" in the config files to 0x01. This allows the game to read "Not set unless specified in Edit Flags" values. I use them for making Brawlex Boss slots usable. They also seem to be necessary for transforming Brawlex characters, though I have not set one up myself. Although pikazz has: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=66478.0

This is probably a good starting point if you're interested but I only have a basic understanding of making edits in PSA.
    « Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 10:40:19 PM by Ebola16 » Logged

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: August 11, 2016, 08:08:18 PM »

hmm
    if its too much of a deal than i do recall someone rigging giga over bowser
    that would prbly work best
    cant remember if there is a bowswr clone module though

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: August 11, 2016, 10:20:32 PM »

hmm
    if its too much of a deal than i do recall someone rigging giga over bowser
    that would prbly work best
    cant remember if there is a bowswr clone module though
    I believe there is an ExModule for Bowser but I haven't used it. I use the Giga Bowser over Bowser import. Gotta save room for Giga Caterpie and Giga Winged Dragon of Ra!

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Featured Star Hacker Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #7 on: August 15, 2016, 05:08:17 PM »

I currently run two Giga Bowsers. The spy costume loads FitGKoopaSpy.pac and FitGKoopaSpy.pcs. The rest load FitGKoopa00.pac and FitGKoopa00.pcs (even with multiple final smash files enabled in the fighter config for Bowser).

Post Merge: August 10, 2016, 10:37:17 PM
    I also took a look at Giga Bowser's fighter config file. None of the costume flags are set. It may be possible to enable them and rewrite Bowser's final smash to function similar to Zelda/Sheik's transform for a set time period before transforming back.
    This is probably a good starting point if you're interested but I only have a basic understanding of making edits in PSA.

Actually there is a flag that allows you to use multiple final smashes for the ORIGINAL characters.  i don't think anyone got it to work on Ex Clones yet tho. try looking at the PM DIY thread in general. pretty sure we have multiple giga.pacs

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: August 17, 2016, 06:04:35 PM »

Actually there is a flag that allows you to use multiple final smashes for the ORIGINAL characters.  i don't think anyone got it to work on Ex Clones yet tho. try looking at the PM DIY thread in general. pretty sure we have multiple giga.pacs
    Already tried it. Though you can load multiple final smash files, all of those files will point to the original Giga Bowser costume.

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: August 24, 2016, 12:31:47 AM »

Finally, virtually unlimited stages with almost any module file: Alternate Stage/.rel Loader (vBrawl compatible)
    Thanks for sharing secretchaos1!

A few notes for anyone who tries to use ASRL with Brawlex:
    1. The layout of the custom SSS code that accompanies the new ASRL is slightly messed up but well documented. You can use your old custom SSS code and just replace the new STGCUSTOM26-28 if you want too. Switching the association of STGCUSTOM26-28's stage cosmetics with their replaced stage is easier than making whole new stage cosmetics (and PAT0 entries...).
    2. Big Blue is missing from the ASRL setup but it works fine if you add it. (Unlike Castle Siege and Lylat Cruise)
    3. The DATA section of "ASRL - Stages" and "ASRL - Modules" codes are identical. The ASL tool edits the "ASRL - Stages" code so you can just copy over the changes for the "ASRL - Modules" code.
    4. The old Custom Sound Engine is incompatible with the new ASRL. The new Custom sound engine must be used. Keep in mind that it loads files from a different location and has slightly different acceptable filename ranges.
    5. The Tracklist Modifier code is compatible with STGCUSTOM26-28 too (don't forget about the byte count!)

Here's the now outdated Alternate File Loader for stages setup: [OBSOLETE] Alternate File Loader Stages and Brawlex
    « Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 02:00:46 AM by Ebola16 » Logged

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: August 26, 2016, 05:43:47 PM »

Finally, virtually unlimited stages with almost any module file: Alternate Stage/.rel Loader (vBrawl compatible)
    Thanks for sharing secretchaos1!

Here's the now outdated Alternate File Loader for stages setup: [OBSOLETE] Alternate File Loader Stages and Brawlex

so does this fill up the screen with stages or is it the hold y for alternate stage

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: August 26, 2016, 06:43:44 PM »

so does this fill up the screen with stages or is it the hold y for alternate stage
    I'm not quite sure what you're asking. The old AFL can use one button activator to load a series of alternate stages (no alt .rel support though).

The ASRL can have multiple button activators load multiple alternate stages with multiple alternate .rels. The limit (likely) becomes the amount of space you have available.

Some weird quirks of the ASRL though:
    Castle Siege and Lylat Cruise will cause the current button activator to be locked in when selecting a stage. This persists until the game is restarted. Those stages should be replaced with something else, even if the ASRL code doesn't point to these stages. (STGCUSTOM is the normal choice).

Big Blue was left out of the ASRL code for some reason. Adding it seems to cause no problems.
    « Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 01:46:24 AM by Ebola16 » Logged

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: August 26, 2016, 10:33:20 PM »

u answered ma question thanks

HyperHandCRazy
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: September 03, 2016, 08:49:54 AM »

Wait with all these unlimited stages and 15 costumes and brawlex for just a 2gb sd card is there way to extend to maybe at least 4gb

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: September 03, 2016, 09:03:31 AM »

The SDHC Extension 1.1[Reinsertion support] code allows SDHC cards to be used with Brawl Mods on a real Wii with Project M 3.6's launcher or USB Loader GX's Gecko codehandler. The SDHC code does not work with the Gecko OS app though.

See 4GB (or larger) virtual SD for Dolphin usage to create a virtual SD card of your desired size.
    « Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 08:55:03 PM by Ebola16 » Logged

Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 ... 6
    Print
    Jump to: