Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: (SOLVED) dolphin help  (Read 2719 times)
FOREVER365
Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: June 11, 2016, 04:34:14 PM »

Ok i know 100% how to ue mods on wii but how the flip do i use it on dolphin, for some reason ive done everything and nothing is working, heres what i did

i used wiiscrubber and the mod to change the sd card files into raw.dat and for some reason when i try to load in game stuff nothing is working, ive enabled cheats and installed the wads on dolphin emu and replaced the sd card file in dolphin files to make ssbb notice the changes and installed gecko(i dont exacttly what to do up there but im pretty sure you enable load with codes but nothing and i mean nothing is working. but i download project m and that works but anything i put doesnt work

private/rsbe/pf/fighter (i might be missing one but its because im not looking at my sd atm but trust me its right because i use this on my wii with no errors)

now i just completely deleted dolphin in rage and reinstalled it and im starting from scratch, so my question is how do i get thins thing to work?

like what am i doing wrong?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 06:57:08 PM by FOREVER365 » Logged

windhunter7
BrawlVault Gatekeeper
Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 04:42:26 PM »

Wait, are you trying to use a real SD card? I could never get it to work via virtual SD card myself, but Dolphin does require either that or editing the ISO by replacing the individual files in the ISO itself with mods.(e.g. If you download a texture over Link, you could replace the FitLink00.pcs in the ISO with the .pcs file of the mod)

That's what I do to play mods on Dolphin, anyways.

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

Brawl R&D // Dolphin Emulator Dev

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 06:04:41 PM »

WinImage should be used for editing SD.raw. Wiiscrubber only works with game disc dumps.

This tutorial may help: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=75863.0

Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
    I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

FOREVER365
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: June 11, 2016, 07:51:02 PM »

Wait, are you trying to use a real SD card? I could never get it to work via virtual SD card myself, but Dolphin does require either that or editing the ISO by replacing the individual files in the ISO itself with mods.(e.g. If you download a texture over Link, you could replace the FitLink00.pcs in the ISO with the .pcs file of the mod)

That's what I do to play mods on Dolphin, anyways.

ok so what you are saying is i can use the sd card without turning it into raw.dat? because i heard somewhere you couldnt but idk how unupdated that topic was Tongue

Post Merge: June 11, 2016, 07:52:54 PM
    WinImage should be used for editing SD.raw. Wiiscrubber only works with game disc dumps.

This tutorial may help: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=75863.0

Ill check that out Cheesy i think this may be the guide i was referring to imma test this and hopefully it works *crosses fingers* because for some reason dolphin is so much harder than wii
    « Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 07:52:54 PM by FOREVER365 » Logged

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2016, 07:53:19 PM »

No, I'm saying that you CAN'T use the SD card without turning it into raw.dat. However, you CAN replace any pre-existing ISO files with mods with WiiScrubber.

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Featured Star Hacker Super Saiyan Topic >9000

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2016, 08:18:17 PM »

No, I'm saying that you CAN'T use the SD card without turning it into raw.dat. However, you CAN replace any pre-existing ISO files with mods with WiiScrubber.

Also depends on the size of the SD.RAW. there is a hard code limit of 2 gigs on dolphin you can have an 8 gig card with 1.5 gigs on it and have it work. but after 2 gigs of data is read it won't read anything else.  i personally test myth with dolphin and ran into it a couple times.

Also Wii scrubber.

SCRUB IS NOT A SAVE BUTTON

That is another problem people have with iso moding in particular.

Also for editing the SD.raw try using IMDISK. you can right click the sd.raw "mount as virtual disk" then check removable media. it will open it like a real SD card and its a lot easier to edit that way without dealing with winimage.  just make sure to right click "eject" when you are done with the editing. dolphin can't read the SD if its in use.
    « Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 08:21:16 PM by Sirkura » Logged

FOREVER365
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: June 16, 2016, 01:53:31 PM »

Also depends on the size of the SD.RAW. there is a hard code limit of 2 gigs on dolphin you can have an 8 gig card with 1.5 gigs on it and have it work. but after 2 gigs of data is read it won't read anything else.  i personally test myth with dolphin and ran into it a couple times.

Also Wii scrubber.

SCRUB IS NOT A SAVE BUTTON

That is another problem people have with iso moding in particular.

Also for editing the SD.raw try using IMDISK. you can right click the sd.raw "mount as virtual disk" then check removable media. it will open it like a real SD card and its a lot easier to edit that way without dealing with winimage.  just make sure to right click "eject" when you are done with the editing. dolphin can't read the SD if its in use.

ok i am trying your idea Cheesy um if a quick tutorial on what exactly to do on imdisk it would be very appreciated Smiley and uhh so i leave my sd card out? because its not ver clear to me what you were saying (sorry i am new to this dolphin hacking)

Post Merge: June 16, 2016, 06:56:31 PM
    well after all the rage and confusion i actually managed to make it work Cheesy win image is easier imo once you get the hang of things, thanks guys Cheesy changing this to solved
    « Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 06:56:31 PM by FOREVER365 » Logged

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: