Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 250 251 252 [253] 254 255 256 ... 445
Author Topic: Brawl Vault Problems, Updates, and Suggestions  (Read 1841668 times)
SiLeNtDo0m
Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3780 on: June 25, 2012, 01:47:36 PM »

Plagiarism he even says that it isn't from him. http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=27153

Technically, in this case he's helping out.  You see, this mod is from Akari_Un who hosted all his mods on Megadownload which as we all know was shut down.  As a result he removed all of his Brawlvault links.  A couple of people have been reuploading all their hacks on fixed links.

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3781 on: June 25, 2012, 01:53:59 PM »

Technically, in this case he's helping out.  You see, this mod is from Akari_Un who hosted all his mods on Megadownload which as we all know was shut down.  As a result he removed all of his Brawlvault links.  A couple of people have been reuploading all their hacks on fixed links.
    This. I don't see a problem with people re-submitting them when the own owner took them off and quit. Plus, they are saying it's not theirs, but DDT's.

Albafika, it was brought up because someone mentioned suing someone for modding. I thought it seemed semi relevant.
    Okay. Now no more derailing, the topic at hand is Vault's rules, which I would like to bring back up as it was lost behind:

So, concerning Packs, what's the current standing? We've got to take so much into consideration, acknowledging, either by crediting the original hacker or collaborating him/her (If it's decided they can make others collab the for their work), that they are allowed to submit their Packs so long as it includes complementing stuff?

DashSmash
    Mega Kitten

There's always hope.

• Awards RAGE!! Tutorial Writer Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3782 on: June 25, 2012, 01:55:32 PM »

Oh ok I didn't know that.

I do accept requests for recolours.

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! PC Core Gamer Heart Container 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3783 on: June 25, 2012, 01:59:37 PM »

Plus i already PM'd them and they posted the links in the thread to get fixed.

PAVGN
    Holy Kitten

The bitter old man everybody hates.

• Awards Stack Smash Team Hot Topic Favorite'd Pin Collector

« Reply #3784 on: June 25, 2012, 02:18:22 PM »

Again, there is nothing wrong with doing the edits you want, so long as it's private. That's not the issue here, It hurts no one when you do it privately. The issue is that when they get submitted in the vault, they affect negatively other people's work.

You keep saying this, but you never explain how It negatively affects others work. Brawl hacking is not a competition. Again, this stuff only affects you negatively If you care about your own ego more than you do about hacking Brawl. And again, most people who do It, aren't out to "steal" anything. They just wanted to change something about something they like, and are nice enough to share It with the community, because they figure that they might not be the only ones who want It.

Plagiarism he even says that it isn't from him. http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=27153

SDoom is right. If somebody sees something that isn't in the vault, and they wanna help out by adding It to the vault, as long as they aren't claiming It's theirs, It's okay. And this guy isn't plagiarizing because he's saying he didn't make It.

Now regarding packs, since I haven't said anything about them yet, I think that they shouldn't be allowed in the vault unless the pack maker included at least some of their own hacks in It, or the hacks included where edited by the pack maker in some way. Otherwise no, they shouldn't be allowed. But that's just how I feel about It.

http://filesmelt.com/dl/[censored]y.png
    [PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Vyse
    Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

« Reply #3785 on: June 25, 2012, 05:38:57 PM »

Besides the dropbox for NA files and the new version of BrawlBox, does anything else need to be updated or added to the Resources page?

Please PM me your suggestions; don't wanna derail the current discussion.

JOEYSX5
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Texture Artist Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3786 on: June 26, 2012, 08:56:45 AM »

Uh...
    For some reason, it's not letting me submit my own CSP for my own texture hack. It just sends me to a blank screen. When I go back to my hack to see if it worked, it didn't post the CSP.

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

ASF1nk
    HAX PRODIGY
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards >9000 Star Hacker Heart Container Pin Collector

« Reply #3787 on: June 26, 2012, 12:58:53 PM »

You keep saying this, but you never explain how It negatively affects others work. Brawl hacking is not a competition. Again, this stuff only affects you negatively If you care about your own ego more than you do about hacking Brawl. And again, most people who do It, aren't out to "steal" anything. They just wanted to change something about something they like, and are nice enough to share It with the community, because they figure that they might not be the only ones who want It.

You obviously can't read and didn't even bother to pay attention. It even happened live in this thread in the middle of the discussion.
    Either way, you're not worth my time.

Rina-chan
    Expert Kitten

Voice Actress

• Awards Fiery Topic

« Reply #3788 on: June 26, 2012, 10:19:06 PM »

I recently submitted Female Voice for Pokemon Trainer under SFX - was this deleted intentionally, or was it a bug? I wouldn't want to try reuploading until I know for sure.

Also, if it was deleted/not approved, may I ask why? It adheres to the rules and I've submitted various working sound hacks before. Thanks!

Vyse
    Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

« Reply #3789 on: June 26, 2012, 10:28:23 PM »

I recently submitted Female Voice for Pokemon Trainer under SFX - was this deleted intentionally, or was it a bug?

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=20111&Vault=audio

It doesn't appear deleted.

Hero ©
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic PC Core Gamer Pin Collector 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3790 on: June 27, 2012, 02:12:43 AM »

lol, and it keeps increasing.
    « Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 02:25:14 AM by -Hero- » Logged

StarWaffle
    Pretty much Wafflu
    srs kitten

Pretty much amazing

• Awards Star Hacker Featured Good Citizen Renowned Hacker

« Reply #3791 on: June 27, 2012, 02:15:39 AM »

Shout-outs to Sorceress for letting me know my photobucket account has exceeded it's bandwidth.... 84 times. It should renew on the 2nd or 3rd. Could a brawlvault staff member get rid of the reports once they are back up please.

✿Zelia✿
    ✿Lady of Ballads✿
    Angel Kitten

"My Heart is Singing!"

• Awards Heart Container Ceiling Cat Fiery Topic KCMM Veteran

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3792 on: June 27, 2012, 02:37:37 AM »

Shout-outs to Sorceress for letting me know my photobucket account has exceeded it's bandwidth.... 84 times. It should renew on the 2nd or 3rd. Could a brawlvault staff member get rid of the reports once they are back up please.

Since I made the reports. I shall remove them.

and wow. xD

Already took care of the blank entries. Their were alot of them.
    « Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 04:44:10 AM by Sorceress » Logged

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #3793 on: June 27, 2012, 06:56:33 AM »

Was there any author to them?

: SW-2632-7270-6724

✿Zelia✿
    ✿Lady of Ballads✿
    Angel Kitten

"My Heart is Singing!"

• Awards Heart Container Ceiling Cat Fiery Topic KCMM Veteran

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3794 on: June 27, 2012, 07:13:15 AM »

Was there any author to them?
    No, they were all blank. Blank submission.
    « Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 07:16:52 AM by Sorceress » Logged

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Pages:  1 ... 250 251 252 [253] 254 255 256 ... 445
    Print
    Jump to: