Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 253 254 255 [256] 257 258 259 ... 445
Author Topic: Brawl Vault Problems, Updates, and Suggestions  (Read 1841961 times)
KingJigglypuff
Meme Machine
Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3825 on: June 30, 2012, 06:54:05 PM »

>.>
    <.<
    An idea regarding .rel ports and PSAs:
    For PSAs, and .rel ports, if it has any bad glitches and/or crashing issues and is reported for that reason, the uploader has a week to fix the crash/glitch. If the report is ignored, then the submission is removed. And if nothing has been done to fix the glitch/crash within the given week, then the submission is removed. But if it was falsely reported for that reason and a BV Staff member finds out, then the reporter's reporting privliges are removed temporary. And if the uploader re-uploads the PSA/.rel port and nothing has been done to it, then the uploader loses his/her uploading privliges are removed temporary. But if it's re-uploaded and changes have been made to fix the glitch/freeze, then the uploader is safe.
    Would the BV Staff/KC-MM Admins/Mods approve of this rule?

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3826 on: June 30, 2012, 09:34:11 PM »

>.>
    <.<
    An idea regarding .rel ports and PSAs:
    For PSAs, and .rel ports, if it has any bad glitches and/or crashing issues and is reported for that reason, the uploader has a week to fix the crash/glitch. If the report is ignored, then the submission is removed. And if nothing has been done to fix the glitch/crash within the given week, then the submission is removed. But if it was falsely reported for that reason and a BV Staff member finds out, then the reporter's reporting privliges are removed temporary. And if the uploader re-uploads the PSA/.rel port and nothing has been done to it, then the uploader loses his/her uploading privliges are removed temporary. But if it's re-uploaded and changes have been made to fix the glitch/freeze, then the uploader is safe.
    Would the BV Staff/KC-MM Admins/Mods approve of this rule?

what if the porter states there are some glitches?
    should it not be uploaded at all?
    im talking about freezing issues only...
    « Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 09:35:14 PM by mr.mugenwii » Logged

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3827 on: June 30, 2012, 09:41:12 PM »

what if the porter states there are some glitches?
    A glitchy port or moveset shouldn't be uploaded in the first place. That just proves that they uploaded it to up their download count.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3828 on: June 30, 2012, 09:44:22 PM »

^^yea and people should also state if they are one-slot ports<.<
    i've seen some hacks like falcon over samus that r one slot and stuff

JirachiMaster
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3829 on: July 01, 2012, 08:27:23 AM »

I never said it was't.

Then it should stay there, right? Even if he didn't know about it, he'd find out from the report. I wouldn't have to send him a PM, and people who download the PSA will know some problems to expect until it's fixed.

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! PC Core Gamer Heart Container 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3830 on: July 01, 2012, 08:51:19 AM »

Then it should stay there, right? Even if he didn't know about it, he'd find out from the report. I wouldn't have to send him a PM, and people who download the PSA will know some problems to expect until it's fixed.
    Yes it shoudl stay. Just send a PM as well with the exact problems, so he actually knows everything.

A report =/= a complete list of errors.

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3831 on: July 01, 2012, 09:32:23 AM »

^^yea and people should also state if they are one-slot ports<.<
    i've seen some hacks like falcon over samus that r one slot and stuff

Yea. I've seen those. The only glitch was a stretchy finger, but  it worked perfectly.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

ASF1nk
    HAX PRODIGY
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards >9000 Star Hacker Heart Container Pin Collector

« Reply #3832 on: July 01, 2012, 09:55:10 AM »

Seriously these character ports over other characters are getting out of hand.
    We have to do something before we have the same hacks resubmitted over 40 times just over different characters.
    And not to mention most of these ports hardly even work correctly.
    « Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 10:00:47 AM by ASF1nk » Logged

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3833 on: July 01, 2012, 10:50:04 AM »

We have to do something before we have the same hacks resubmitted over 40 times just over different characters.
    true most of them the specials either do nothing or freeze and there are ppl that do rel ports without even testing them Im srs here

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3834 on: July 01, 2012, 11:29:55 AM »

well i for one have no problem with rel ports and ported characters because i myself like to get rid of some characters.
    but if the ports cause freezing and stuff, then maybe the uploader has to do something about it before releasing them...

JirachiMaster
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3835 on: July 01, 2012, 12:08:41 PM »

Yes it shoudl stay. Just send a PM as well with the exact problems, so he actually knows everything. A report =/= a complete list of errors.

Read what I said before: People who download the PSA in the meantime will know what problems there are until the uploader/creator has the time to fix it. I've seen several reports on PSA errors/glitches, and was assuming that was acceptable, since no one had removed them, and informed users about some problems to expect with it. This being the case, I have no idea why you guys removed my report.

Also, the guy who made that one I reported has to know about it. He went through the trouble to have it removed. Unless it was one of the hack report police here that did.

If reporting a PSA's errors isn't allowed, then the uploader should at least mention what the bugs are temporarily, in the description (which I have also seen done before.). That way reports won't continually roll in. It's saving you guys time.
    « Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 12:20:24 PM by JirachiMaster » Logged

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3836 on: July 01, 2012, 12:19:15 PM »

That's why I suggested that rule. If the BV Staff does plan on enforcing it, any BV Staff member is free to make any needed changes to it.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! PC Core Gamer Heart Container 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3837 on: July 01, 2012, 12:30:11 PM »

This being the case, I have no idea why you guys removed my report.

Also, the guy who made that one I reported has to know about it. He went through the trouble to have it removed. Unless it was one of the hack report police here that did.
    Hold on here, who said WE removed it? Assuming we did it, is not wise to do.
    False assumptions cause a lot of trouble, so don't do that.

Unless you have proof that we removed it, don't say we did.
    « Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 12:31:17 PM by Puraidou-chan » Logged

ASF1nk
    HAX PRODIGY
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards >9000 Star Hacker Heart Container Pin Collector

« Reply #3838 on: July 01, 2012, 12:47:49 PM »

Read what I said before: People who download the PSA in the meantime will know what problems there are until the uploader/creator has the time to fix it. I've seen several reports on PSA errors/glitches, and was assuming that was acceptable, since no one had removed them, and informed users about some problems to expect with it. This being the case, I have no idea why you guys removed my report.

If reporting a PSA's errors isn't allowed, then the uploader should at least mention what the bugs are temporarily, in the description (which I have also seen done before.). That way reports won't continually roll in. It's saving you guys time.

We get what you're saying. The report function, specially for freezing and hacks' problems, is meant to inform the actual hack maker of the problems other people are having with his hack. Once he removes the report he is now considered "informed" about the problems with the hack. Whether he fixes it or not, it's not up to us.
    We know it would be optimal if the report could just stay there for other people to see the problems with the hack, or for the hack maker to at least update the description of the hack, but sadly it doesn't work that way and we have no power over that; unless Admins say otherwise.
    And even if we can edit the description with the problems, there is no way to know if the problems are only specific to the person making the report or to everyone, unless we test them ourselves.

The issue here is the Vault is beginning to get full of "half-as*ed" hacks, and we as Vault mods still have to approve them, because there is no rule against that and it would be difficult to judge each hack's quality. Unless we implement some other kind of report system; some kind of system in which we would be able to see each and every report a hack has gotten and the number of reports, then we would be able to judge from that.

It should be the hack maker's responsibility to make sure his hacks actually work, but again most people don't even bother.
    « Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 07:18:12 PM by ASF1nk » Logged

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3839 on: July 01, 2012, 12:48:29 PM »

JirachiMaster, The Uploader can also remove a report by simply editing his/her submission, so don't always assume that the BV Staff removed a report.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Pages:  1 ... 253 254 255 [256] 257 258 259 ... 445
    Print
    Jump to: