Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: What would you like me to release next?
Melee Mute City - 73 (41.7%)
Gerudo Valley - 31 (17.7%)
Bowser In The Sky - 17 (9.7%)
Inside Peach's Castle - 14 (8%)
Fire Temple - 13 (7.4%)
Windmill Hut - 3 (1.7%)
Dodongo's Cavern - 3 (1.7%)
Venom - 4 (2.3%)
Pac-Man - 17 (9.7%)
Total Voters: 175

Pages:  1 ... 200 201 202 [203] 204 205 206 ... 492
Author Topic: Mewtwo2000's Stage Thread - [Mute City released] - (20/06/19)  (Read 1604832 times)
toastoftriumph
Lol Kitten

(aka Mariofan1138)

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic Heart Container Novice Restorer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3030 on: February 10, 2011, 10:25:47 PM »

Very curious about your Spiral Mountain stage. Just have a few questions about it:

1) Where will the stage take place? On top of Spiral Mountain, including the bridge to Grunty's lair?

2) Any chance we'll get updated textures from the XBLA port? Would be nice if the stage textures were improved in some way to prevent the stage from looking a little dated.

Thanks.

1) My original thought was not including the bridge, just the top, so you can see the lair in the background. Anyway, I may be doing an on-bridge version, in which you wouldn't be able to die where grunty's face is...

Don't know yet, I've not started it

2) Even if I got them (something I really doubt), my experience with the stage I'm doing now tells me that a stage with so many polygons and textures for each polygon, would need a big ammount of memory, and they may need a quality reduction. So I don't think so, but don't discard it anyway.

I think a version on the bridge would be nice. You could have it so you can jump on Grunty's face as a platform; probably the front of her hat brim.
    here's a nice side view image:

it'd be awesome to make the bridge (left in the image) a fall through platform, and it'd be nice for the stage to extend to the right of the image, where you can walk on the ground (walk off KO boundary), and if possible, swimmable water for the moat (only on the right side).
    The smaller bridge on the lower left shouldn't be a fall through platform though; it'd be excessive.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to this when you're able to get around to it. I'm still wondering what your secret stage is...

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

• Awards Former PMDT King for a Day Ceiling Cat Featured

« Reply #3031 on: February 11, 2011, 04:35:22 AM »

Bleach could use some stages. The imported ones aren't very good; very plain. Animes typically have very mediocre games and stage/character designs.

But anyway Falcon's Tower is epic. Congrats on the awesomeness. So how about them cycling blocks, FoD, and Kakario Village? Awesome Face

Also I have been messing around with project M, and it is pretty great. I have some likes, and some dislikes, but overall it's something cool and different that I can mess with for a little bit. I will probably switch back to vbrawl after a week or two until the final version of it comes out. (You work on Project M right?)

Cycling blocks, FoD and Kakariko will be coming soon.

Cycling blocks needs some work. I could cycle the stage by just adding a '1' in certain animations, but it would be just weird. I need to make it natural, so new animations for Ganon and the blocks are needed. But I will be doing it soon.

FoD... I've been working so much with this one that I'm a little lazy with it again xD

I mean... I can't be always doing the same stage, I need to change... I know, I made DL64, but after completing it I made the tree for FoD... Now I need to work in my secret stage, it's a personal challenge or something, and when this one is nearly done, I will get FoD and will make some more background elements. Next ones are the 2 pillars, and the rings surrounding them (which are animated, appear and dissapear).

And Kakariko is a project. Not started. It will be started, but the ammount of work needed for this one is comparable to the stage I'm doing now, so I'm not starting it at least until it's nearly done again.

So, we could say that the secret stage will determine when the next stages are made ^^U

And yeah, I'm in project M as a stage developer. There are some of my stages in the demo right now. DL64, FoD, Saffron, Fourside... I like it too, but I guess they're gonna do something horrible to Jiggz... Special fall after rollout...  I see what you did there ...

Meh, more meleeish, I'll just be careful xDD

I think a version on the bridge would be nice. You could have it so you can jump on Grunty's face as a platform; probably the front of her hat brim.
    here's a nice side view image:

it'd be awesome to make the bridge (left in the image) a fall through platform, and it'd be nice for the stage to extend to the right of the image, where you can walk on the ground (walk off KO boundary), and if possible, swimmable water for the moat (only on the right side).
    The smaller bridge on the lower left shouldn't be a fall through platform though; it'd be excessive.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to this when you're able to get around to it. I'm still wondering what your secret stage is...

The idea is good, I like it, but I guess it would be resulting in an enormous battle area. But, spiral mountain only would be too small... So...

I will see about it when I start modeling it. In the new way I'm making stages, I can rotate them easily (stages like Facility can be rotated, but only 90 degrees and model by model), and once the main place is done, gameplay is easy to switch.

Thanks for the suggestions, I hope to be able to make a good port of that place when I come to try it, and not dissapoint anybody.

About the secret stage, the point of keeping it as a secret is only testing myself. And... well, I see that it's hard to me to hide a project when that project is the only thing I'm really developing right now. So, I don't guess I'm keeping it as a secret much more time.

Unless more than 1 people ask me to keep it as a secret until the day is finished O.o
    « Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 05:09:01 AM by Mewtwo2000 » Logged

SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
    Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
    Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
    Visit my stage thread here

Stage light and fog tutorial
    Stage shadows tutorial

Ricky (Br3)
    KC:MM Family JesterㅤThe Last One Here
    Administrator

• Awards KCMM Storyteller Decade Staff RAGE!! Warm Welcomer

« Reply #3032 on: February 11, 2011, 07:03:07 AM »

So you're now able to move the stage around Mewtwo? That would be great for my Clock Town stage. One of the reasons I'm keeping it for later is because it's tough to move around a bunch of models, unlike moving only one. I'm kinda waiting for something that'd allow mergin' mdl0s into a single one.

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! PC Core Gamer Heart Container 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3033 on: February 11, 2011, 07:08:30 AM »

Unless more than 1 people ask me to keep it as a secret until the day is finished O.o
    *Is tempted* Awesome Face

Can't wait to see what it is Cheesy

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #3034 on: February 11, 2011, 07:27:49 AM »

So you're now able to move the stage around Mewtwo? That would be great for my Clock Town stage. One of the reasons I'm keeping it for later is because it's tough to move around a bunch of models, unlike moving only one. I'm kinda waiting for something that'd allow mergin' mdl0s into a single one.

The solution isn't a model merger. The only thing we would need is a good bone adder. A top bone managing the bone already existing in the blocks would allow us to move the whole group of models with the same animation the same way. Okay, this would not be useful to move a whole stage in the collision previewer, but it would be enough to rotate/resize/move up/down entire groups of models in stages. The entire Fourside could rise and dive under water to simulate a water level change, or we would be able to make dissapear a whole stage to simulate a warp to another stage.

I'm doing a nice progress with it today Tongue

Stage shadows tutorial

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! PC Core Gamer Heart Container 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3035 on: February 11, 2011, 07:45:36 AM »

Can't you give us a hint? Or at least PM me a hint Tongue XD
    For those who are too serious: it was a joke and not serious, although i would like that hint Awesome Face

Ricky (Br3)
    Administrator

« Reply #3036 on: February 11, 2011, 07:53:32 AM »

In the new way I'm making stages, I can rotate them easily (stages like Facility can be rotated, but only 90 degrees and model by model), and once the main place is done, gameplay is easy to switch.

I thought you did find a way because of this.

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #3037 on: February 11, 2011, 08:13:46 AM »

In the new way I'm making stages, I can rotate them easily (stages like Facility can be rotated, but only 90 degrees and model by model), and once the main place is done, gameplay is easy to switch.

I thought you did find a way because of this.

I did not say I didn't xD

As I said, my new technique allows me to rotate groups of models. And that's just by using 2D models instead of 3D cubes. The problem with this is that I'm vertexing every 2D model to position it, and also that 2D models are not shaded. 2D models are multibone, that's why they're useful. But I need to simulate light effects on each texture to make them look fine.

So, good results, and lots of work. This technique is the one I've used with DL64 and the tree in FoD.

Can't you give us a hint? Or at least PM me a hint Tongue XD
    For those who are too serious: it was a joke and not serious, although i would like that hint Awesome Face

A hint... Well, it's a place everybody here should know about I guess. You would be able to recognize it in a picture showing a really small portion of it I guess.

If I advance it enough, I may post some picture today.

Stage shadows tutorial

KTH
    French fries
    Special Access

• Awards Nintendo Revolution Team Heart Container Smash 3 Team >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3038 on: February 11, 2011, 08:15:55 AM »

I really want to say is what? Im srs here

Ricky (Br3)
    Administrator

« Reply #3039 on: February 11, 2011, 08:18:54 AM »

Well, I thought of that but that would possibly be a pain to create huge, movin' stages.

Can't we really add a dummy bone and use it?

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #3040 on: February 11, 2011, 08:22:14 AM »

The bone should be an upper bone, controlling the real bone attached to the polygons. And I guess this can't be done yet. They can add bones, but they are lower bones, and are controlling nothing.

Anyway, there's some work-in-progress bone editor somewhere in the forums, and some day they could bring us the solutions.

Stage shadows tutorial

Ricky (Br3)
    Administrator

« Reply #3041 on: February 11, 2011, 08:29:57 AM »

Currently, it's possible to move a bone, as far as I know, to anywhere of the bone tree.

I think you should give it a go, just because it doesn't work for characters doesn't mean it won't work for stages.

Also, quote from 5 pages ago:

Hey Mewtwo, is the P:M Fountain o' Dreams any different in size from the one previously released?
    « Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 08:30:59 AM by br3compactor » Logged

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #3042 on: February 11, 2011, 08:47:52 AM »

Currently, it's possible to move a bone, as far as I know, to anywhere of the bone tree.

I think you should give it a go, just because it doesn't work for characters doesn't mean it won't work for stages.

Also, quote from 5 pages ago:

Hey Mewtwo, is the P:M Fountain o' Dreams any different in size from the one previously released?

I've been able to move bones, original bones. Not added bones, the program I used crashed O.o

And the only difference between FoD in P:M and vault is the water collision, which was removed for the P:M demo. Same size. Well, and I forgot to update the vault with the tree, but that's not really important xD

Stage shadows tutorial

Ricky (Br3)
    Administrator

« Reply #3043 on: February 11, 2011, 11:46:48 AM »

Since I downloaded the P:M one I'll just export the older .coll and give it to it, and put in vBrawl Cheesy

Falcon's Tower Released Awesome Face

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

ForOhFor Error
    Holy Kitten

DOG is your destiny

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Pin Collector Starstormer Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3044 on: February 11, 2011, 12:55:54 PM »

The solution isn't a model merger. The only thing we would need is a good bone adder. A top bone managing the bone already existing in the blocks would allow us to move the whole group of models with the same animation the same way. Okay, this would not be useful to move a whole stage in the collision previewer, but it would be enough to rotate/resize/move up/down entire groups of models in stages. The entire Fourside could rise and dive under water to simulate a water level change, or we would be able to make dissapear a whole stage to simulate a warp to another stage.

Maybe use a copy of the stgposition model, with renamed bones?

FC: 2191-7379-6272

Pages:  1 ... 200 201 202 [203] 204 205 206 ... 492
    Print
    Jump to: