Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 919 920 921 [922] 923 924 925 ... 1046
Author Topic: Brawlbox Resources & History  (Read 3880672 times)
Diddy Kong
Lol Kitten

chief

• Awards Heart Container Hot Topic Famous Hacker Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #13815 on: April 06, 2013, 03:16:13 PM »

Streaming hacks from my computer... do you mean using *frack, I can't remember what its called... but you need to bluetooth your wii remote to the computer  itself though*

Cause I tried that too. I figured it'd be pretty good to use after I saw KJP do it, but my laptop is too garbage to play that so I couldn't do that either. I also haven't had any trouble with any hacks not working on Gecko. Maybe I'm just lucky. I don't test out too many hacks though, just PSAs and the models that go with them and stages.

At any rate... no BB yesterday? I know all too well how it is with release dates xD You'll finish it when you finish it.

But about that strange rotation glitch. I'm not the only one to have encountered that I'm sure. o.o

*Ninja'd by 4 posts... jesus o.o
    riifs.exe which will make your computer the "SD card" and use wifi networking to take hacks and load them to your brawl on the wii

back on topix nau Tongue

Kagemaru
    Angel Kitten

• Awards Starstormer Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13816 on: April 06, 2013, 03:17:37 PM »

Last thing...

*also, my question wasn't answered about BB*

But where can I find more information on that?

The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• Awards KCMM Veteran Sniper King for a Day Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13817 on: April 06, 2013, 03:24:08 PM »

Last thing...

*also, my question wasn't answered about BB*

But where can I find more information on that?

Well, it seems that there's two issues with the rotation stuff.

The first one would be when the rotation control goes nuts and flips out randomly.
    That's because I just need to decompose the bone rotation matrix with the new rotations applied to it to a quaternion and then convert the quaternion to euler angles which can then be set as the new bone rotations. Decomposing a matrix to euler angles can return NaN due to Gimbal Lock.

The problem you were talking about sounds like it works fine but produces angles that could be simpified.
    And that you just have to fix manually.

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13818 on: April 06, 2013, 03:27:21 PM »

also, when going nuts for a while, they just dissapear, leaving an empty grey ball of animating doom

Kagemaru
    Angel Kitten

• Awards Starstormer Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13819 on: April 06, 2013, 04:49:01 PM »

Well, it seems that there's two issues with the rotation stuff.

The first one would be when the rotation control goes nuts and flips out randomly.
    That's because I just need to decompose the bone rotation matrix with the new rotations applied to it to a quaternion and then convert the quaternion to euler angles which can then be set as the new bone rotations. Decomposing a matrix to euler angles can return NaN due to Gimbal Lock.

The problem you were talking about sounds like it works fine but produces angles that could be simpified.
    And that you just have to fix manually.

Well that was definitely a lot of terms I'm not familiar with, but I get the gist of what you were saying. Though its a fairly annoying issue when you got to move a bone, then play the animation and the leg goes in a circle around the model when the issue was that BB put in -400 something degrees out of nowhere and you didn't notice. Just sorta annoying. I have learned to fix it manually but it'd be nice if the problem wasn't there to begin with.

And yes, what Joke Kid says is true as well. Occasionally the rotation circle will will grey out. Also there are times where the rotation lines spazz out too.

The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13820 on: April 06, 2013, 04:56:38 PM »

Let's see, here's the remaining bugs/things-to-do that I know of:

1. No sounds will play and you can't save again in the same session after you save the RSAR once
    2. If a bone is rotated in it's default pose, the translation control translation will be rotated
    3. You can't select bones or vertices or anything in orthographic mode. The camera is different and the inverse modelview matrix may or may be incorrect, so the project and unproject functions don't work. Sometimes the zooming function works in reverse and the model clipping looks really bad. So orthographic view is disabled
    4. A few new settings aren't saved to the settings file, like the location to save screencaps
    5. You can't rename, move, add or delete rsar sounds. But you can replace them, which is the main idea.
    6. If a vertex's influence is only one bone, and you add a new bone to the weights, then the vertex will fall back to it's unweighted position and stay there
    7. Single-bind influences aren't accounted for yet when weighting so if you try to edit vertices influenced by a single-bind, you'll get an error
    8. If you weight all vertices to one influence, a single bind influence will not be created
    9. You can't undo any type of vertex edits. Weighting or just moving
    10. The undo/redo buttons work incorrectly if you try to undo after making a change after undoing a few times (but not back to the beginning of the undo list).
    11. You can't move vertices when an animation is applied (well you can, but it's not pretty). I don't think I can do much about this. Vertex editing works fine when in T-Pose.
    12. The keyframe panel does not display SCN0 keyframes
    13. You can't scale or rotate multiple vertices at once (but you can translate them all at once)
    14. REFF versions for other games like MKWii aren't supported (there's only minor differences but I have to code a whole new node for them)
    15. PAT0 editor grays out until you play the animation, then it stays enabled
    16. CLR0 editor in the model viewer is dead and disabled
    17. Rotation control goes nuts at random
    18. Sometimes the mini model previewer doesn't bind textures the first time it displays (but only the first time)

I can't remember if there's anything more.

Preferably I would try to fix all of these before releasing, but you guys have been waiting a long time, so I was thinking about just fixing bug #1 and then releasing with this bug list.
    I'll just release v0.68b with the fixes later.
    « Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 05:00:20 PM by BlackJax96 » Logged

Kabutomaru
    Mega Kitten

I had nothing to begin and nothing to end with.

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13821 on: April 06, 2013, 05:02:15 PM »

Let's see, here's the remaining bugs/things-to-do that I know of:

1. No sounds will play and you can't save again in the same session after you save the RSAR once
    2. If a bone is rotated in it's default pose, the translation control translation will be rotated
    3. You can't select bones or vertices or anything in orthographic mode. The camera is different and the inverse modelview matrix may or may be incorrect, so the project and unproject functions don't work. Sometimes the zooming function works in reverse and the model clipping looks really bad. So orthographic view is disabled
    4. A few new settings aren't saved to the settings file, like the location to save screencaps
    5. You can't rename, move, add or delete rsar sounds. But you can replace them, which is the main idea.
    6. If a vertex's influence is only one bone, and you add a new bone to the weights, then the vertex will fall back to it's unweighted position and stay there
    7. Single-bind influences aren't accounted for yet when weighting so if you try to edit vertices influenced by a single-bind, you'll get an error
    8. If you weight all vertices to one influence, a single bind influence will not be created
    9. You can't undo any type of vertex edits. Weighting or just moving
    10. The undo/redo buttons work incorrectly if you try to undo after making a change after undoing a few times (but not back to the beginning of the undo list).
    11. You can't move vertices when an animation is applied (well you can, but it's not pretty). I don't think I can do much about this. Vertex editing works fine when in T-Pose.
    12. The keyframe panel does not display SCN0 keyframes
    13. You can't scale or rotate multiple vertices at once (but you can translate them all at once)
    14. REFF versions for other games like MKWii aren't supported (there's only minor differences but I have to code a whole new node for them)
    15. PAT0 editor grays out until you play the animation, then it stays enabled
    16. CLR0 editor in the model viewer is dead and disabled
    17. Rotation control goes nuts at random
    18. Sometimes the mini model previewer doesn't bind textures the first time it displays (but only the first time)

I can't remember if there's anything more.

Preferably I would try to fix all of these before releasing, but you guys have been waiting a long time, so I was thinking about just fixing bug #1 and then releasing with this bug list.
    I'll just release v0.68b with the fixes later.

Yay!
    Should be AMAZING.

Spex130
    Holy Kitten

So very Spexcellent.

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Hyperactive Contributor Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13822 on: April 06, 2013, 05:06:08 PM »

I'm alright with these bugs. Tossing in a vote for release.

jrush64
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Featured Starstormer Renowned Hacker Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13823 on: April 06, 2013, 05:08:50 PM »

It's officially Sunday here. I'll probably be up for some more hours. Hope it's released before I clock out.

Can't wait man.

TravixMan Productions
    Mega Kitten

Wario's coming at ya!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13824 on: April 06, 2013, 05:13:37 PM »

As long as we can do sound hacks, then its good for a release right now.  Cheesy

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13825 on: April 06, 2013, 05:16:30 PM »

They're speaking in a language I don't understand...

English is a pretty hard language, it's ok

caught ya

Chaos_Knight
    Boss Kitten

I squid you not.

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container Starstormer Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13826 on: April 06, 2013, 05:17:43 PM »

Just release and fix all the bugs later. Tongue

But fix that one bug fist. Im srs here
    « Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 05:19:52 PM by Chaos_Knight » Logged

NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

Snivy
    Supreme Kitten

H-hello.

• Awards Heart Container RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13827 on: April 06, 2013, 05:19:14 PM »

English is a pretty hard language, it's ok

caught ya
    Shh, I have two topics open, I get confused easily... My brain is small, give me a break...

My 3DS Friend code : 3411-0459-5550
    PM me your FC as well, K?
    In my Friend Safari:
    Pictures are from: http://www.pkparaiso.com
    My Blog: (http://snivymodding.blogspot.com/)
    I live life on the EDDDGGGGEEEEE

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13828 on: April 06, 2013, 05:19:58 PM »

Just release and fix all the bugs later. Tongue

lmao but then people [censored] like [censored] and my head implodes

Shh, I have two topics open, I get confused easily... My brain is small, give me a break...

lol

the_randomizer
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13829 on: April 06, 2013, 05:21:34 PM »

Sound hacks huh? Cool! I also wonder how animation editing will be handled when copying the transformations from frame to frame.

Pages:  1 ... 919 920 921 [922] 923 924 925 ... 1046
    Print
    Jump to: