Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: Poll locked.
Filler A - 0 (0%)
Filler B - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages:  1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43
Author Topic: Tormod's PSAnimations: Biggoron Sword Link Complete  (Read 209553 times)
Tormod
The Kokiri Boy
Special Access

[ex-PSAnimator/ex-Modeler]

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Pin Collector Novice Restorer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #570 on: August 13, 2012, 10:55:35 PM »

No need to get heated. I've added 6 ideas to the poll. We'll see what the crowd reveals, and then... I will decide whether or not I agree with the results  I see what you did there ...
    « Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 10:57:16 PM by Tormod » Logged

I'm no longer available to answer questions via personal message
    My Vault |  My Modeling Thread | My PSA/Animation Thread

Azure_Shadow
    Extreme Kitten

Do not touch.

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #571 on: August 14, 2012, 01:16:00 AM »

I still think the earthquake's a good idea. But whatever, I voted for the attack with super armor 'cause the quake's not an option. Having him get increased armor seems like a bad idea, since unless it has a specific number of uses, it'd be spammed all the time and Hector might as well just have higher defense.

Now available in blue.

Tormod
    The Kokiri Boy
    Special Access

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #572 on: August 14, 2012, 01:54:48 PM »

I still think the earthquake's a good idea. But whatever, I voted for the attack with super armor 'cause the quake's not an option. Having him get increased armor seems like a bad idea, since unless it has a specific number of uses, it'd be spammed all the time and Hector might as well just have higher defense.
    I liked the quake idea, the only reason I didn't include it is because it's similar to his neutral B. Also, I will make sure the armor wouldn't be spamable. It would have a significant cooldown time, so he wouldn't be able to use it very often.

What about a counter, that if it doesn't trigger transfer to a super armor attack?
    That might be overpowerd, since there would be no downfall to missing a counter.

The Serpent King
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #573 on: August 14, 2012, 02:58:43 PM »

Hector looks awesome. I had always wished they would have made him, Lyn, or Jaffar playable in Brawl...

Anyway, I'm having problems with your evolved pokemon PSA's, mostly with Blastoise. Mainly, he looks like a Blastoise bobble-head. Some parts of the PSA seem to work, neutral-B does damage, he feels heavy, no longer makes Squirtle sounds, etc. But he still hops around like a madman when idle. I could look past this, if his head wasn't so huge lol.
    Venusaur seems fine, though the flower seems a bit different than it looks in the pictures. Mainly the leaves beneath the flower are larger than the flower itself. Not really a big deal.
    Charizard's up throw seems glitchy. He grabs them, and they just glitch float around his head until he uses Fly or something. I've been able to get AGFan's Mewtwo to work perfectly.
    Is it something I'm doing wrong? Has anyone else had these issues?
    « Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 04:28:02 PM by The Serpent King » Logged

Tormod
    The Kokiri Boy
    Special Access

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #574 on: August 14, 2012, 05:08:09 PM »

Hector looks awesome. I had always wished they would have made him, Lyn, or Jaffar playable in Brawl...

Anyway, I'm having problems with your evolved pokemon PSA's, mostly with Blastoise. Mainly, he looks like a Blastoise bobble-head. Some parts of the PSA seem to work, neutral-B does damage, he feels heavy, no longer makes Squirtle sounds, etc. But he still hops around like a madman when idle. I could look past this, if his head wasn't so huge lol.
    Venusaur seems fine, though the flower seems a bit different than it looks in the pictures. Mainly the leaves beneath the flower are larger than the flower itself. Not really a big deal.
    Charizard's up throw seems glitchy. He grabs them, and they just glitch float around his head until he uses Fly or something. I've been able to get AGFan's Mewtwo to work perfectly.
    Is it something I'm doing wrong? Has anyone else had these issues?
    You need to use the FitMotionEtc.pacs for each one, that is your problem.
    If it doesn't work when you put them with all of the other pacs/pcs files, then you are one of the unfortunate people who have to replace a part of Common1-5.pac (not sure which one they are in, because with my setup, I don't do that). Though if you look through those Commonx.pac files, you will find what you need to replace.

Royal_Blade
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container B

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #575 on: August 14, 2012, 07:46:12 PM »

Common4.pac (contains Squirtles files) and Common5.pac (contains Charizard and Ivysaur)

Quote from: br3compactor
    By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
    *Fixed URL*
    My PSA Thread

The Serpent King
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #576 on: August 14, 2012, 07:53:29 PM »

You need to use the FitMotionEtc.pacs for each one, that is your problem.
    If it doesn't work when you put them with all of the other pacs/pcs files, then you are one of the unfortunate people who have to replace a part of Common1-5.pac (not sure which one they are in, because with my setup, I don't do that). Though if you look through those Commonx.pac files, you will find what you need to replace.

Bummer. Yeah, I have the FitMotionEtc files in the same folder with the textures. Works for Mewtwo. My computer's dead(I'm posting via Wii, and I have to use someone else's computer to move files around on my SDHC card), so I probably won't be able to take a look at the Common files for a while.

I tried Nanobuds' and Starwaffles Blastoise model, and it does seem to work better. No bobble-heading, but I did like the darker blue on yours better. Maybe one day they'll release a recolor pack, so I can have a Blastoise in each slot.

Riddler
    Some sort of Genius
    Special Access

Riddle me this!

• Awards Heart Container Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #577 on: August 14, 2012, 10:29:50 PM »

I know this would be completely unrelated to the series, but I feel it would fit given Hector's size and armor

What if his down-b was a sort of counter/shield combination, but not in the traditional sense. As the opponent comes in to attack him, he takes a defensive stance. If it's timed properly, he takes no damage - and if it's timed perfectly, the opponent could be dazed (deku seed effect?) allowing Hector to get an attack in (not an automatic attack like counter, but an attack of his choice)

It would be slow and he would be invulnerable during the animation (thus the point of the move), but he'd be completely open to an attack when it's over. As for the dazed affect, that would only happen if the opponent made contact during a specific frame.

if possible, add a *CLANG* sound effect when contact is made

imagine punching heavy armor with your bare fist or whacking it with a sword and feeling the pain of your own hit

if you can't imagine hitting armor, imagine punching a tree.
    « Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 10:40:19 PM by Riddler » Logged

The Serpent King
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #578 on: August 15, 2012, 02:34:07 AM »

Wait, do I need to put the FitMotionEtc files from all three psa downloads for the trainer in, or do they all 3 just have the same information in them? Cause I only put the one that came in the Charizard download in.

More on topic, I think it would be cool to see a move like Counter, where the foe strikes Hector, and if timed right, there would be the 'CLANK' sound effect, like in Fire Emblem, when 'NO DAMAGE' would pop up, followed by a counterattack by Hector, maybe preceded by that little shrug, which means he's about to go critical.

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #579 on: August 15, 2012, 08:53:34 AM »

Why don't you provide a suggestion for a down special?

Also, It's not like I'm just throwing ideas on a plate, and serving them... I put a great deal of thought into all of my suggestions. And I don't just see moves for one use only, I try and provide many sides of usefulness of the move.
    Don't take me wrong. I'm clueless as to what to put as a Down B. lol

it's just that a Vulnerary is far from being a good choice for a character that isn't meant to be weak. Any kind of healing is cheap, really. ._.

Royal_Blade
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container B

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #580 on: August 15, 2012, 10:08:56 AM »

Each one only heals 10%, which isn't alot. (Which is only a few attacks) And you get 3 of them.

Look at Ness and Lucas' PSI Magnet, it can heal up to an infinite % number.

It'd be cheap if the was no limit or had alot of uses. But it's only 3 usages. Which heals a total of 30%. It's not hard to dish out 30% in Smash. But using these allows him to mitigate some of the damage he has taken to last a bit longer.

Quote from: br3compactor
    By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
    *Fixed URL*
    My PSA Thread

Azure_Shadow
    Extreme Kitten

Do not touch.

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #581 on: August 15, 2012, 10:18:29 AM »

Each one only heals 10%, which isn't alot. (Which is only a few attacks) And you get 3 of them. Look at Ness and Lucas' PSI Magnet, it can heal up to an infinite % number. It'd be cheap if the was no limit or had alot of uses. But it's only 3 usages. Which heals a total of 30%. It's not hard to dish out 30% in Smash. But using these allows him to mitigate some of the damage he has taken to last a bit longer.

Like I said, I like the idea, I just don't like how it would work in Brawl. Depending on how long the animation lasts, those things could actually cause Hector to take more damage than he heals. It's not very hard to do a basic combo, so if his opponent reached him before he'd finished healing, then he might end up healing only 2%... or maybe taking damage. So he'd only heal when his opponents were too far away to reach him, which usually means when they're flying off the stage and that wastes kill opportunities.
    If his vulnerary had a near-instant use (less than 1 second animation), then I might see this as a possible move.

Now available in blue.

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #582 on: August 15, 2012, 10:22:54 AM »

The thing is that that does not go with Hector. Ike's slow, and he fares well without healing. I'm sure Hector will be better than Ike, as that's impossible to restrict on PSAs, and I still don't see why he'd need that Healing.

Azure_Shadow
    Extreme Kitten

Do not touch.

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #583 on: August 15, 2012, 02:14:44 PM »

It's not that he needs  healing, I'm just trying to provide helpful feedback. If that move gets made, it ought to be done with a quick animation.

The thing is that that does not go with Hector. Ike's slow, and he fares well without healing. I'm sure Hector will be better than Ike, as that's impossible to restrict on PSAs, and I still don't see why he'd need that Healing.

You keep talking about things that "don't go with Hector" even though they were in his original game; would you mind explaining to me what you think would go with Hector's moveset? It's not polite to shoot others' ideas down unless you're willing to offer better ones yourself. -_-"
    « Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 02:17:23 PM by Azure_Shadow » Logged

Now available in blue.

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #584 on: August 15, 2012, 02:56:45 PM »

You keep talking about things that "don't go with Hector" even though they were in his original game; would you mind explaining to me what you think would go with Hector's moveset? It's not polite to shoot others' ideas down unless you're willing to offer better ones yourself. -_-"
    Not really, I can shoot down ideas when I believe they're bad. Just like the Crit thing and Hector. It's not about over shallowing this idea with my own, but understanding how this idea would fit in vBrawl with the other characters. It's pretty neat sounding to say "Add a Crit. Oh! Add a Vulnerary!" ending up making the moveset be flashy, instead of balanced and fitting.

Pages:  1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43
    Print
    Jump to: