Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 9
Author Topic: Shulk PSA - Continued progress on V1.5  (Read 51581 times)
Not Kratos
Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2014, 12:03:56 PM »

Hey I just tested out your Shulk hack, and here are some suggestions I have:
1. Make Monado Eater farther ranged.
2. Make the animation for Monado Purge faster
3. Give Shulk more of HIS moves instead of Ike's but sped up
4. Work on FS.

That's all I have to say. Other than that, great job!
Monando Purge is fine. It's a pretty strong move, so shouldn't it be a little on the slow side? In my opinion the air version should be slowed to match the startup of the ground version.

Erico9001
Expert Kitten

Hmm... What do I say...

• Awards Fiery Topic Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #46 on: March 10, 2014, 02:35:27 PM »

Hey I just tested out your Shulk hack, and here are some suggestions I have:
    1. Make Monado Eater farther ranged.
    2. Make the animation for Monado Purge faster
    3. Give Shulk more of HIS moves instead of Ike's but sped up
    Monando Purge is fine. It's a pretty strong move, so shouldn't it be a little on the slow side? In my opinion the air version should be slowed to match the startup of the ground version.

-Thanks for the suggestions guys. Yesterday, Kienamaru made a bunch of unique animations for new A attacks, so we're already confronting the issue of decloning him Smiley.

-I agree that Monado Eater should be a little bit of a longer range. It won't be too much longer though, since he already has Monado Purge as a long range attack.

-I more agree with Not Kratos about Monado Purge. However, the trouble with making the in air version slower is I'm not really sure what Shulk will be doing to fill up the frames. I guess I can see if I can just slow the start down. Maybe I could remove just a couple of frames from the on the ground version too, from the jump, in order to make it more like an initial jump and less of an initial float.

-I'm still trying to find a fix to the 'not working on the Wii' issue. I think I may have found the solution, but I may have not as well, so we'll see. Monado Buster (fs) will be worked on after that issue is fixed.

¸´…………Êrîçô>9000…………`¸
    '‹,¸¸,«^*^›„¸¸„‹^*^»,¸¸,‹'

GoMB-BallGamer4774
    Mega Kitten

Basketball is good for you.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #47 on: March 10, 2014, 04:25:20 PM »

-Thanks for the suggestions guys. Yesterday, Kienamaru made a bunch of unique animations for new A attacks, so we're already confronting the issue of decloning him Smiley.

-I agree that Monado Eater should be a little bit of a longer range. It won't be too much longer though, since he already has Monado Purge as a long range attack.

-I more agree with Not Kratos about Monado Purge. However, the trouble with making the in air version slower is I'm not really sure what Shulk will be doing to fill up the frames. I guess I can see if I can just slow the start down. Maybe I could remove just a couple of frames from the on the ground version too, from the jump, in order to make it more like an initial jump and less of an initial float.

-I'm still trying to find a fix to the 'not working on the Wii' issue. I think I may have found the solution, but I may have not as well, so we'll see. Monado Buster (fs) will be worked on after that issue is fixed.
    The reason why I want Monado Purge to be a bit faster, is because the animation looks really weird with him floating up slowly and just slowly coming back down. I think it would be better if you just made Monado Purge weaker and more faster instead, so that it would be more usable. I almost never use that attack because of it's speed. Enemies don't give you time to float for like 3 seconds up and another 3 seconds down. It might be okay for CPU's but against human players, it's almost completely useless.
    « Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 04:26:52 PM by SolarAbyss4774 » Logged

Erico9001
    Expert Kitten

Hmm... What do I say...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #48 on: March 10, 2014, 05:13:55 PM »

Well he's supposed to be jumping up and then floating there for a second like how he does in the game
    Xenoblade Chronicles - Monado Exhibition

I need to remove a few frames from the jump so he goes up faster, making it look like a jump.
    And actually I just noticed something. He falls back to the ground as he does the spin. If I made it more like that then it would reduce time too.

It's not useless though. Due to the size of the hitbox, it's useful for striking people while they're knocked off the edge trying to recover. But yeah, some speed up would be good. I'd then reduce the damage.

¸´…………Êrîçô>9000…………`¸

GoMB-BallGamer4774
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #49 on: March 10, 2014, 05:28:51 PM »

Well he's supposed to be jumping up and then floating there for a second like how he does in the game
    Xenoblade Chronicles - Monado Exhibition
    I need to remove a few frames from the jump so he goes up faster, making it look like a jump.
    And actually I just noticed something. He falls back to the ground as he does the spin. If I made it more like that then it would reduce time too.

It's not useless though. Due to the size of the hitbox, it's useful for striking people while they're knocked off the edge trying to recover. But yeah, some speed up would be good. I'd then reduce the damage.
    Yeah, that would be nice. I'm sorry if my word might've been a bit mean back there. But yeah, reduce the damage to 10-15 percent damage and speed it up a bit. Make him look more like he's jumping and it'll look better as well. Also I think maybe you should do backslash as an attack. It is one of his strongest moves. I think you should have him be able to switch movesets. Like those PSA's where you press down taunt and you switch to a different moveset. So Shulk could start off in normal mode with Backslash, Slit Edge, etc and after a while, he suddenly glows blue and you press down taunt and he switches into "Monado Mode" with his Monado Purge,Eater,etc. and maybe if he glows red you press side taunt, and he would heal himself about 10-20 percent. Backslash should also be unique too, like deal 20-30 percent if your behind the enemy and 15 percent when your in front. I don't know if you could do it but that would be really cool and make him a very versatile character! Try asking Kienmaru.
    « Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 05:30:52 PM by SolarAbyss4774 » Logged

SilverBaretta
    Expert Kitten

Longtime lurker, finally registered!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #50 on: March 10, 2014, 05:40:28 PM »

Yeah, that would be nice. I'm sorry if my word might've been a bit mean back there. But yeah, reduce the damage to 10-15 percent damage and speed it up a bit. Make him look more like he's jumping and it'll look better as well. Also I think maybe you should do backslash as an attack. It is one of his strongest moves. I think you should have him be able to switch movesets. Like those PSA's where you press down taunt and you switch to a different moveset. So Shulk could start off in normal mode with Backslash, Slit Edge, etc and after a while, he suddenly glows blue and you press down taunt and he switches into "Monado Mode" with his Monado Purge,Eater,etc. and maybe if he glows red you press side taunt, and he would heal himself about 10-20 percent. Backslash should also be unique too, like deal 20-30 percent if your behind the enemy and 15 percent when your in front. I don't know if you could do it but that would be really cool and make him a very versatile character! Try asking Kienmaru.
    That's a heck of a lot of work for what we're trying to accomplish here. Laugh I would love for Erico to get a team together and really try to flesh him out though. I would help myself, but I need to study up some more on the Brawl tools before I could contribute anything substantial. Best I could do is diagnose problems at the moment. I say he should keep it within his limits, and when a proper v1 is released, then he could work on fleshing Shulk out.

Something remixed this way comes...

GoMB-BallGamer4774
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #51 on: March 10, 2014, 05:52:33 PM »

That's a heck of a lot of work for what we're trying to accomplish here. Laugh I would love for Erico to get a team together and really try to flesh him out though. I would help myself, but I need to study up some more on the Brawl tools before I could contribute anything substantial. Best I could do is diagnose problems at the moment. I say he should keep it within his limits, and when a proper v1 is released, then he could work on fleshing Shulk out.
    Yeah, your right about that, but if he could carry this out, I have to say, Shulk would be one of the best characters out there!

Erico9001
    Expert Kitten

Hmm... What do I say...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #52 on: March 10, 2014, 07:46:16 PM »

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/275120798/FitIke.pac

I hope this works Kirby Dance
    Can someone try this file out? ^

-

Well I don't know how to do modes but kienamaru does. He said maybe we could do Monado speed.

The side smash that shulk has right now looks kind of like backslash. I suppose it would be possible to make it look more like backslash but that would be something I would save for a possible finishing touch.

I don't think it's possible to code it to deal more damage when hitting someone's behind, sorry.

All I got right now.

¸´…………Êrîçô>9000…………`¸

Kienamaru
    Brawl Minus Developer
    Holy Kitten

Never Collab me for anything...

• Awards 64-bit Hardcore Gamer Hot Topic Favorite'd Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #53 on: March 10, 2014, 07:58:33 PM »

I'd honestly suggest rePSAing this with a fresh Ike.pac file. Adding in all graphical touches last. I can't balance it since it's unplayable on my Wii.

Young Link recently broke 3000 downloads. If you haven't already, Check it out!

Recently released: Sacred/Fusion Dark Interloper Link.

What ever happened to Tifa?

GoMB-BallGamer4774
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #54 on: March 10, 2014, 08:35:35 PM »

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/275120798/FitIke.pac

I hope this works Kirby Dance
    Can someone try this file out? ^

-

Well I don't know how to do modes but kienamaru does. He said maybe we could do Monado speed.

The side smash that shulk has right now looks kind of like backslash. I suppose it would be possible to make it look more like backslash but that would be something I would save for a possible finishing touch.

I don't think it's possible to code it to deal more damage when hitting someone's behind, sorry.

All I got right now.
    I'll try it out!

EDIT: It works! All the graphics and everything work, but one thing I would like to note is that his sword glow is a bit messed up, out of that everything rocks! Wink

EDIT 2: Oh yeah, you mind making Shulk voices a bit louder? Can barely hear them.
    « Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 09:06:55 PM by SolarAbyss4774 » Logged

Erico9001
    Expert Kitten

Hmm... What do I say...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #55 on: March 10, 2014, 09:05:53 PM »

Changed the monado purge in air and on ground to be same length. On ground is shortened a bit and in air is lengthened

I'll try it out!

EDIT: It works! All the graphics and everything work, but one thing I would like to note is that his sword glow is a bit messed up, out of that everything rocks! Wink

EDIT 2: Oh yeah, you mind making Shulk voices a bit louder? Can barely hear them.

EDIT:
    YES!!! Wewt!! Finally!!  Happy Face

The sounds are about as loud as every other characters'... And that shouldn't be different from dolphin to wii o.O

Will work on that sword effect soon. I think deleting it may have been what caused the issue in the first place so I may have to do a work around and make it transparent or something

EDIT EDIT:
    Oh yeah and it should look better with the Monado III. The reason I prefer the Monado III is it's not very true to the game to hit people around with an unopened Monado or Monado II.
    « Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 09:23:10 PM by Erico9001 » Logged

¸´…………Êrîçô>9000…………`¸

GoMB-BallGamer4774
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #56 on: March 10, 2014, 09:23:00 PM »

Changed the monado purge in air and on ground to be same length. On ground is shortened a bit and in air is lengthened

YES!!! Wewt!! Finally!!  Happy Face

The sounds are about as loud as every other characters'... And that shouldn't be different from dolphin to wii o.O

Will work on that sword effect soon. I think deleting it may have been what caused the issue in the first place so I may have to do a work around and make it transparent or something
    I think there's a difference between dolphin and Wii then because Ike's normal voice is way louder than Shulks. I have to put the background music way low to actually hear him.

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #57 on: March 10, 2014, 09:33:27 PM »

That's a heck of a lot of work for what we're trying to accomplish here.

It's completely possible to do. It shouldn't be too tough to do so, either.

Quote from: Miacis
    In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    Quote from: Miacis
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

GoMB-BallGamer4774
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #58 on: March 10, 2014, 09:35:56 PM »

You mind helping with this then? Shulk could be a great character with the ideas I made above. Wink

SilverBaretta
    Expert Kitten

Longtime lurker, finally registered!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #59 on: March 10, 2014, 09:39:47 PM »

Well, then by all means! I was just trying to be considerate since it's his first PSA. I'm all for fleshing this bad boy out. Wink

Something remixed this way comes...

Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 9
    Print
    Jump to: