Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2
Author Topic: Black Stage of Death...  (Read 4009 times)
Sandman
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: November 26, 2010, 01:43:26 AM »

So no matter what I do, how hard I try, the import stages I get are always pitch black with just one item showing up (an item that is in the original level, but not the imported stage)

I've gotten Riivolution and looked at multiple guides... yet still, this stage just doesn't want to change.  Help pl0x?

Miniova
Extreme Kitten

Real life strikes again!

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 10:00:41 AM »

Did you use the .rel file with those stages?

People if you have anything you need to ask me(especially the katana ness thing) please talk to me over AIM. I'll be more than happy.  AIM is Gradybryson1993

Sandman
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 12:35:15 AM »

Yeah I did, I made sure I listened to everything in the guides

SmashHackers
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic Starstormer Dedicated Hacker Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: November 27, 2010, 03:41:27 PM »

Some stages need _en after the stage names. For example STGDXONETT_en.pac, STGSTADIUM_en.pac etc. check here to see what stages need it http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=bf68243dc4c908b28d78a0e5552916095d6170349cac00195be6ba49b5870170#203,1

Sandman
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 07:16:02 PM »

Some stages need _en after the stage names. For example STGDXONETT_en.pac, STGSTADIUM_en.pac etc. check here to see what stages need it http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=bf68243dc4c908b28d78a0e5552916095d6170349cac00195be6ba49b5870170#203,1

I've tried doing this, I even got a stage from the link... and it still shows up as a black screen.  I got the stage for Onett, and the only thing I see is a Sandbag and floating clouds.  But I know Onett is still there, because I still land on the houses.  Only the tree is gone, and the platforms in the middle of the stage.

Akiba Red
    Lol Kitten

AOI CHAN

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 07:17:37 PM »

I'm preeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeety shure your using Riivolution, because I got this problem also when using it.

(specter)
    Holy Kitten

• Awards KCMM Veteran Heart Container Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: November 30, 2010, 08:42:39 PM »

I'm preeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeety shure your using Riivolution, because I got this problem also when using it.

Lol he already said he was using Riivolution in the OP.

Sandman, are you sure the .pac file is named the same as the .rel? Check to see if you didn't typo it or leave out a letter. I had this problem many times but I fixed it by fixing the .pac counterpart's name. The subtlest typo can lead to this happening.

Sandman
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: December 01, 2010, 08:05:16 PM »

Trust me, i'm sure.  Quadruple checked actually.  I also switched to the file patch code... still same old same old.

Chuy
    KC's Mexican Resident
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Pin Collector 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: December 01, 2010, 08:06:46 PM »

What's the stage your using?
    and the rel?

(specter)
    Holy Kitten

• Awards KCMM Veteran Heart Container Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: December 01, 2010, 08:20:59 PM »

Trust me, i'm sure.  Quadruple checked actually.  I also switched to the file patch code... still same old same old.

and the rel?

This ^

Also, here are some more scenarios I can think of:

- Are you sure the stage you downloaded was made correctly by it's maker? It could be report-worthy in the Brawl Vault if you really are doing everything right.

-If the .rel file had to be hex edited (not saying you did, just saying if you did), make sure you did that correctly too.

-If it goes over a custom stage from the Stage Roster Expansion, make sure the .rel is an FD .rel; .rel files won't work on them unless it's an FD rel because that's the only stage the code was made compatible with if I'm not mistaken. And you can't hex edit .rels to make them compatible with FD either because I tried it and just got the black stage.

Akiba Red
    Lol Kitten

AOI CHAN

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: December 01, 2010, 09:24:42 PM »

and the rel?

This ^

Also, here are some more scenarios I can think of:

- Are you sure the stage you downloaded was made correctly by it's maker? It could be report-worthy in the Brawl Vault if you really are doing everything right.

-If the .rel file had to be hex edited (not saying you did, just saying if you did), make sure you did that correctly too.

-If it goes over a custom stage from the Stage Roster Expansion, make sure the .rel is an FD .rel; .rel files won't work on them unless it's an FD rel because that's the only stage the code was made compatible with if I'm not mistaken. And you can't hex edit .rels to make them compatible with FD either because I tried it and just got the black stage.
    I'll answer for him since I have the same (?) problem. The stage worked in the File Patch Code perfectly before but broke right after Riivolution. Yes, the .rel is correct, and is hex-edited.

Sandman
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: December 02, 2010, 11:02:47 PM »

Does anyone mind just posting a tutorial in this thread or in a seperate thread...?

On how to get import stages
    « Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 11:04:28 PM by Sandman » Logged

Sandman
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: December 08, 2010, 07:06:55 PM »

Okay so it turns out that it wasn't my imported stages, rather the Earthbound stages that were not working.  I am still using Riivolution, and everytime I try to play on an earthbound stage it's just the black stage of death, with a little bit a random items.  The platforms are still there, I can still jump on them, but they are sucked into the darkness, so therefor they are invisble.

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

• Awards Former PMDT King for a Day Ceiling Cat Featured

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #13 on: December 09, 2010, 06:57:14 AM »

What you're describing seems to be a rel file loading the original stage. It doesn't freeze because it's a FD rel file, and only loads modeldatas 1 and 2, which are in most stages... But the replacing stage doesn't load. Is your stage in the correct folder with the correct name?

SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
    Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
    Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
    Visit my stage thread here

Stage light and fog tutorial
    Stage shadows tutorial

Sandman
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: December 09, 2010, 05:18:28 PM »

What you're describing seems to be a rel file loading the original stage. It doesn't freeze because it's a FD rel file, and only loads modeldatas 1 and 2, which are in most stages... But the replacing stage doesn't load. Is your stage in the correct folder with the correct name?

Yes and Yes... the stage is pf/stage/melee STGONETT or w/e the earthbound stage is.  I checked so many times

Pages:  [1] 2
    Print
    Jump to: