Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Wii 4.3 and Disc unplayability.  (Read 3526 times)
Overly Epux
Expert Kitten

snooPING AS usual I see?

View Profile Awards
« on: July 29, 2010, 03:36:46 PM »

Well, My wii won't read discs anymore, I don't know why, but it wont.
I used smash stack on an ISO, installing homebrew0.7 and updated to 4.3 ((I want to have wiiconnect24 for personal reasons))
I can no longer use USB loader, or Wad manager on my wii, and the disc drive is still broken.
When I try to load wad manager, USB loader ect, The wiimote turns off.
I can't get past the startup screen for USB loader either.
And without those I cannot use my brawl hacks.
Is there a way to downgrade my menu to 4.2 again, without using a game?
My wii is also not completely bricked, it plays VCs and emulators, so is there a homebrew app that would let me load the code?
It would probably need Gamecube controller support as well.
Thanks.

Albafika
Anti-Christ
Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 11:28:00 PM »

You should've made a Bootmii Backup, that's Modding #1 Rule, be ready to face the consequences of a bad move.

Funzy <3
    Maven of the Strings
    Supreme Kitten

Party!

• Awards Hot Topic 64-bit Core Gamer Heart Container Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 02:29:02 PM »

I used smash stack on an ISO, installing homebrew0.7 and updated to 4.3 ((I want to have wiiconnect24 for personal reasons))
    I can no longer use USB loader, or Wad manager on my wii, and the disc drive is still broken.
    My wii is also not completely bricked, it plays VCs and emulators, so is there a homebrew app that would let me load the code?
    Thanks.
    this happened to mine but this was when i had 4.0 but it was because my sister dropped it it stoped reading so i uninstalled hombrew before sending it in
    it cost 80$ but if they cant fix it they send you a new wii so back up your save games and the ones that use wifi and you can backup use the hombrew app that allows you to backup any game hope i could help Cheesy

Personas: Rikku Fabool (FFX-2), Yuzuki Yukari ( Vocaloid 3), Shuichi Shindou ( Gravitation), Sunao Fujimori (Sukisyo), Belphegor  ( Katekyo Hitman Reborn) ,Juliet Starling (Lollipop Chainsaw), Roxy ( Final Fight), Human Duskull (Pokemon), Human Haunter (Pokemon), Human Jirachi (Pokemon), Boris Airay (Alice in the Country of Hearts). Monica (Dark Cloud 2) CoCo Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot) Galaco (Vocaloid 3), Uni (Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2), Anime Lady GaGa (Nuff Said) Teto Kasane (Utau), Grell Sutcliff (Black Butler), Iris Heart (Hyperdiminsion Neptunia Victory) [When Pride isn't using her >w>]

Overly Epux
    Expert Kitten

snooPING AS usual I see?

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 05:47:47 PM »

Thanks.
    this happened to mine but this was when i had 4.0 but it was because my sister dropped it it stoped reading so i uninstalled hombrew before sending it in
    it cost 80$ but if they cant fix it they send you a new wii so back up your save games and the ones that use wifi and you can backup use the hombrew app that allows you to backup any game hope i could help Cheesy
    I have savegame manager, so I'll back up everything.
    Delete everything
    Then send it to nintendo.
    By the way, are LU64 and up wiis hackable now?

Funzy <3
    Maven of the Strings
    Supreme Kitten

Party!

• Awards Hot Topic 64-bit Core Gamer Heart Container Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 05:53:37 PM »

Thanks.
    I have savegame manager, so I'll back up everything.
    Delete everything
    Then send it to nintendo.
    Im not sure but
    yea if they cant fix it then you get a new one you could always hack again

Personas: Rikku Fabool (FFX-2), Yuzuki Yukari ( Vocaloid 3), Shuichi Shindou ( Gravitation), Sunao Fujimori (Sukisyo), Belphegor  ( Katekyo Hitman Reborn) ,Juliet Starling (Lollipop Chainsaw), Roxy ( Final Fight), Human Duskull (Pokemon), Human Haunter (Pokemon), Human Jirachi (Pokemon), Boris Airay (Alice in the Country of Hearts). Monica (Dark Cloud 2) CoCo Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot) Galaco (Vocaloid 3), Uni (Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2), Anime Lady GaGa (Nuff Said) Teto Kasane (Utau), Grell Sutcliff (Black Butler), Iris Heart (Hyperdiminsion Neptunia Victory) [When Pride isn't using her >w>]

Professor Fufflykins
    Mega Kitten

The Professor is ANGRY! WHAY HAS U DUN TIS!!!?!??!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 07:26:32 PM »

if i only use the homebrew channel and gecko loader through my sd and i install a newer version will it brick it?i didnt softmod or twilight hack.

RevengeHunter
    Mega Kitten

Happy Sasuke is happy

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: July 31, 2010, 01:03:43 PM »

Yes they are.

if i only use the homebrew channel and gecko loader through my sd and i install a newer version will it brick it?i didnt softmod or twilight hack.
    Isn't homebrew channel a softmod? Anyway, you won't brick your Wii.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: