Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: DEADPOOL! (cheers to Nano for the vid)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5I4s74Q2WI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5I4s74Q2WI</a>
Delicious like a chimichanga - 7 (14.9%)
SDo0m and Mephisto classy mofos ಠ_ರೃ - 9 (19.1%)
OMG A MOD WUT SORCERY IS THIS?!?! - 3 (6.4%)
- 13 (27.7%)
Seriously Classy Option™ ಠ_ರೃ - 7 (14.9%)
wherez vegeeeta? - 8 (17%)
Total Voters: 47

Pages:  1 ... 346 347 348 [349] 350 351 352 ... 515
Author Topic: SDo0m's Dark Void: Deadpool Release (pg 512)! Major thanks to Mephisto!  (Read 1791716 times)
HaloedHero
Extreme Kitten

Come and get me, haters.

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Pin Collector Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5220 on: October 04, 2011, 09:29:03 AM »

I actually like the current neutral b and really think it only needs a slight nerf to damage. It really already feels quite slow. Maybe a bit more endlag, but not much.

Although, it does have a glitch. I'm guessing you're still tweaking how it behaves in the air, but if you start it in the air and hit the ground during the charge phase, holding the joystick forward or back causes him to slide along the ground during the release. 

There is no power quite like the power of understanding.

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5221 on: October 04, 2011, 09:59:18 AM »

SDo0m, read the PM I sent you. (I notify you here because some of the Hackers tend to ignore PMs due to it being flooded by Requests and stuff.)

Ultraxwing
    Holy Kitten

Master of the Vault!

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5222 on: October 04, 2011, 09:59:29 AM »

Oh god yes. do that, this will make him something not truly combo based =3

i mean he's combo after combo. but he needs something that can allow him to kill a little bit better.

Tasty Pumpkin Clock
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic Renowned Hacker Heart Container >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5223 on: October 04, 2011, 10:10:29 AM »

Do it. Cheesy

Dark Aura
    Extreme Kitten

HIYA! Whachya watching?

• Awards Constructive

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5224 on: October 04, 2011, 12:14:03 PM »

I like the idea. Pull through with it :3

SmashClash
    This is my title.
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container >9000 Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5225 on: October 04, 2011, 01:17:33 PM »

SDo0m, aren't you going to use Super Kamehameha at all?

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #5226 on: October 04, 2011, 01:45:01 PM »

SDo0m, aren't you going to use Super Kamehameha at all?

No because it isn't necessary.  Not every DBZ character needs some obnoxious beam.  It's something abused function for DBZ characters and is almost never executed well unless it's a Final Smash.  And of course, Super Kamehameha is definitely not going to be the Final Smash.  Planet Burst defines Kid Buu much more.

Cascade Hellsing
    Your Lord and Master
    Lol Kitten

Yawn

• Awards Sniper Pin Collector Hey! Listen! 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5227 on: October 04, 2011, 01:46:12 PM »

No because it isn't necessary.  Not every DBZ character needs some obnoxious beam.  It's something abused function for DBZ characters and is almost never executed well unless it's a Final Smash.  And of course, Super Kamehameha is definitely not going to be the Final Smash.  Planet Burst defines Kid Buu much more.

Amen to that.

SmashClash
    This is my title.
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container >9000 Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5228 on: October 04, 2011, 02:18:18 PM »

I understand. I was just wondering since he has that move in DBZ BT 3.
    But at least we finally have a different DBZ playstyle.

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5229 on: October 04, 2011, 04:17:54 PM »

- Neutral B will take one second to charge instead of 2/3 of a second, do 10%, have reduced knockback and have more endlag.

I originally wanted the Neutral B to be a pure projectile.  However, I think I have a more interesting idea:

If anyone has played games like Tenkaichi 3, you may know that you can "boost" the power of your super moves by pressing a command.  Well, what I was thinking was this:

For the Neutral B, it's at the current speed (maybe a tiny bit faster) but it deals a weak 5 or 6% projectile.  However, during the charging phase, if you press B, you can store a charge.  Upon storing a charge, the speed of the rest of the charging animation slows down.  Once you have three charges, the animation becomes painfully slow, but the sphere is large and powerful.

It will deal the following:

5/6% no charge
    9/10% second charge
    16% final charge

What do you guys think?  It's either this or general nerfs to the current Neutral B.
    For which or these are you inclining toward?

- Side B has more startup and much more endlag.  In the air, he drops down when he does it so it can no longer be used for indefinite horizontal recovery.  He also goes forward a bit more, deals higher knockback on the ground version, goes faster and has removed time manipulation (I got it to work without it).  Finally, it won't be able to connect on shields, leaving it punishable.
    If I may ask... How did you change Side B so that it does the same and doesn't freezes everyone? .-.
    « Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 04:21:14 PM by Albafika » Logged

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #5230 on: October 04, 2011, 04:40:17 PM »

@Wolfric

As regards to the Side B, I simply doubled the speed of the main hitting animation.  I think it actually looks better faster, and the foe is in enough hitstun so that they can't shield or evade it part way through.  I was actually surprised something so simple worked so effectively.

As regards to the Neutral B, at the moment neither.  I coded the ida about the multiple charges just now but it doesn't work partially (graphics and sounds all come up when the should, but the ball itself doesn't do what I want.  So I've thought of a third idea:

I think in some instances in the Budokai games (3 in particular) there are quick time events used to help properly execute special moves.  This wouldn't be executed well in Brawl, however we can still use button mashing.  Think sort along the lines of haloedhero's Scott Pilgrim PSA Neutral B.  The charge animation starts off slow, the gets very gradually faster the more you mash.  If you manage to reach the top speed before the animation ends you throw a powerful 18% projectile that has roughly the same knockback as it does now.  If not (or if you let it get too slow), he cancels the projectile and you can get punished.

How bout this?  I just think it would be nice to make the projectile more interesting in some kind of way, but keep it nice and strong.

Oh and just so you guys know, since it's built of Lucario's Aura Sphere it's a completely real projectile.

dpgthirteen
    Holy Kitten

Good bye everyone.

• Awards KCMM Veteran Heart Container Constructive

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5231 on: October 04, 2011, 05:05:27 PM »

Sounds cool, but playing against Buu a little more and I found a annoying glitch, he keeps throwing his vanish ball at times. So either his Ai needs to change or the move needs to be charged.

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

Sig by: nomnomblood

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5232 on: October 04, 2011, 05:08:53 PM »

Amen to that.

I agree...

-and no it is not because it's Cascade. >_>+

Planet Burst really does fit Kid Buu more...Though, lets be honest...

It's basically an overpowered Death Ball.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5233 on: October 04, 2011, 05:43:21 PM »

@Wolfric

As regards to the Side B, I simply doubled the speed of the main hitting animation.  I think it actually looks better faster, and the foe is in enough hitstun so that they can't shield or evade it part way through.  I was actually surprised something so simple worked so effectively.

As regards to the Neutral B, at the moment neither.  I coded the ida about the multiple charges just now but it doesn't work partially (graphics and sounds all come up when the should, but the ball itself doesn't do what I want.  So I've thought of a third idea:

I think in some instances in the Budokai games (3 in particular) there are quick time events used to help properly execute special moves.  This wouldn't be executed well in Brawl, however we can still use button mashing.  Think sort along the lines of haloedhero's Scott Pilgrim PSA Neutral B.  The charge animation starts off slow, the gets very gradually faster the more you mash.  If you manage to reach the top speed before the animation ends you throw a powerful 18% projectile that has roughly the same knockback as it does now.  If not (or if you let it get too slow), he cancels the projectile and you can get punished.

How bout this?  I just think it would be nice to make the projectile more interesting in some kind of way, but keep it nice and strong.

Oh and just so you guys know, since it's built of Lucario's Aura Sphere it's a completely real projectile.
    My only concern is that... If you'd notice, it'd become a predictable projectile since the opponent will be expecting a projectile coming upront. That's how I see it, I've gotten a cary idea as to how could you use this Ki Charge thingy...

Kagemaru
    Angel Kitten

• Awards Starstormer Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5234 on: October 04, 2011, 10:10:01 PM »

Why dont you keep the ball the same as lucario but with different animation. That way the ai doesn't do that. I had that problem too but I just got closer and it stopped.

SdoomDo you mind answering my other post? Id like to know and my phone limits me quite a bit so forgive me if you already answered

The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

Pages:  1 ... 346 347 348 [349] 350 351 352 ... 515
    Print
    Jump to: