Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 85
Author Topic: Fire Emblem model importing thread - Lucina Released!  (Read 558462 times)
Exorcist
super cool title like all the cool kids
Supreme Kitten

it's admirable that yall are still kickin

• Awards Heart Container Fiery Topic Pin Collector Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #105 on: June 28, 2012, 09:11:29 AM »

Masahiro Sakurai, smash bros. creator made recently a poll in japan to see the preferred 20 characters to appear in SSB4. He made more polls before melee and brawl, and usually the top-ranked characters made it in the final version of both games. However I still don't know why miku hatsune and that character from inazuma eleven are there.
    I'm highly surprised Ike still keeps his popularity. I think we'll see Chrom and Marth for sure, and probably Ike, since he's still very popular (he may get replaced by Chrom), Roy as DLC/costume/assist, and other characters as assist trophies.

Inazuma Eleven is actually really popular in Japan from my understanding. It's kind of strange though, that guy isn't even a main character, and you would think the original series would get votes more than the sequel (Inazuma Eleven GO). I'm also suprised at how many KI:U characters there are.
    Anyways where did you find that? I'm thinking of switching my news site, all they do is post crappy opinionated articles...

burning questions? contact me at bjelkiers.tumblr.com

Raikrom
    Extreme Kitten

Red Bullet Desperado

• Awards Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #106 on: June 28, 2012, 09:16:36 AM »

H-hold up... Is that Gaia...?

[Fanboy]
    YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES.
    [/Fanboy]

I would've said the same for Chrom, but I kinda expected him since FE:A's release.

Whelp, I'm done.

Vert092
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards >9000 Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #107 on: June 28, 2012, 09:34:31 AM »

Anyways where did you find that? I'm thinking of switching my news site, all they do is post crappy opinionated articles...
    Sakurai's twitter.

Shun_One
    Lol Kitten

• Awards >9000 Star Hacker Smash 3 Team Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #108 on: June 28, 2012, 10:47:55 AM »

I'm thinking we'll get Marth, Ike, and Krom. Marth as he's Marth, Ike as a "hard-hitting swordsman", Krom as some sort of hybrid between the two. If I could make a case for Roy, it'd be to add him as the only Flame Swordsman in the game.

Sakurai's twitter should be getting pretty interesting in the coming months. Here's hoping for a random Nintendo Direct that shows some Smash footage.

I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #109 on: June 28, 2012, 11:02:06 AM »

... Can't believe this Chrome ass had more points than Ike. Im srs here

Raikrom
    Extreme Kitten

Red Bullet Desperado

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #110 on: June 28, 2012, 11:07:52 AM »

I'm thinking we'll get Marth, Ike, and Krom. Marth as he's Marth, Ike as a "hard-hitting swordsman", Krom as some sort of hybrid between the two. If I could make a case for Roy, it'd be to add him as the only Flame Swordsman in the game.

And Gaia as an assist alongside Lyn maybe?
    God, I just want more FE characters in any way possible.

... Can't believe this Chrome ass had more points than Ike. Im srs here

Oh come on man, I don't mean to start any arguments, but I think Chrom may be higher up on the Badass-O-Meter than Ike, I mean he's a descendant of Marth, which makes him the Prince of Iris and that he wields the reforged Falchion, his character design is plain awesome, and he can learn Aether just like Ike.

... Also he has 4-5 potential wives.
    « Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 11:13:47 AM by Grand-Master Rufure » Logged

Shun_One
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #111 on: June 28, 2012, 11:26:27 AM »

I figure Krom's more popular right now due to FE13 having just been released. I am highly surprised that Ike even made the list at all though. And he just might be that awesome. I'll wait to meet him next year.

Ninka_kiwi
    Holy Kitten

Burn my Dread

• Awards 16-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #112 on: June 28, 2012, 02:23:12 PM »

I at least hope that some of the redesigns appear as trophies in SSB4 >.>

Vert092
    Hyper Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #113 on: June 28, 2012, 02:43:49 PM »

I at least hope that some of the redesigns appear as trophies in SSB4 >.>
    I actually have no idea on what they will do with the trophies. In brawl they recycled stuff from the nintendo gamecube era (trophies are mostly direct ports of twilight princess, f-zero gx, metroid prime and echoes, starfox adventures, wind waker, pikmin, ...) Let's remember the wii-u version is on HD, wii/gamecube models will mostly look bad. They would have to remodel and retexture A LOT of models, like they did in melee. I mean, they can reuse stuff from a few games that have high detailed models, like other M or punch out, but they will have to work a lot on custom models. Will we only see trophies in the 3ds version...?

Quote from: Grand-Master Rufure
    Oh come on man, I don't mean to start any arguments, but I think Chrom may be higher up on the Badass-O-Meter than Ike, I mean he's a descendant of Marth, which makes him the Prince of Iris and that he wields the reforged Falchion, his character design is plain awesome, and he can learn Aether just like Ike.
    If that makes Chrom badass, Lucina is about 1000 times more badass. She has everything you said about Chrom but she
    brings the falchion from the future, disguises herself as Marth and she both fights against her own father and alongside him.

Hell, I really want to know her story properly, can't wait for the game.
    « Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 02:45:45 PM by Vert092 » Logged

Raikrom
    Extreme Kitten

Red Bullet Desperado

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #114 on: June 28, 2012, 03:22:04 PM »

If that makes Chrom badass, Lucina is about 1000 times more badass. She has everything you said about Chrom but she
    brings the falchion from the future, disguises herself as Marth and she both fights against her own father and alongside him.

Hell, I really want to know her story properly, can't wait for the game.

All the way on that one. Think I've said this before, but she's without a doubt my favorite character from Awakening. I'm not much of a weeaboo, but hell, I say she may be my waifu. I'm actually hoping that Lucina will at least be DLC over Marth in SSB4, like new model, voice and all that jazz.
    Also why I'm overjoyed you and Shun are making that Lucina model, like jeez, I'd say you're my heros right now.

And yeah, I was overjoyed when Awakening was finally announced for NoA, still so much that I want to know that can only be found by playing the game for myself.
    « Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 03:30:25 PM by Grand-Master Rufure » Logged

Vert092
    Hyper Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #115 on: June 29, 2012, 06:58:23 AM »

Talking about Lucina, have more progress:

This is how she looks so far.

Her hair was really messy, I fixed most of it. I also used new textures for her tiara, courtesy of Shun.

This is how it looks from the back, getting this part right was hard as hell:

Also finished her feet. I took the ones I made for Marth and reshaped the model. They have a more feminine shape right now.

I also started the arms. The leatherish texture needs some work to better reflect the arms shape. I took stefan's arms and reshaped them using Mist's as a base, and the resul is nice. The gloves now use a modified version of Shun's textures and are reshaped as well.

The most difficult part will be closing this gap I'm afraid. I'm sure it's going to give me a lot of trouble.

Finally, I found a possible damage face for her:

Shun_One
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #116 on: June 29, 2012, 08:27:27 AM »

Alright. I'll see what I can do about fixing up her arm textures. It's looking pretty fantastic so far though.

PallaPal
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Dedicated Hacker Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #117 on: June 29, 2012, 08:34:59 AM »

Lucina is looking fantastic! Seriously though, I commend you guys and all of your work. Best of luck with fixing that gap =)

Hi

Raikrom
    Extreme Kitten

Red Bullet Desperado

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #118 on: June 29, 2012, 11:37:25 AM »

Man, that looks nothing short of amazing. Can't really see any issues that you didn't point out yourself.

Keep up the great work guys, really looking forward to this.

Ninka_kiwi
    Holy Kitten

Burn my Dread

• Awards 16-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #119 on: June 29, 2012, 11:57:49 AM »

I actually have no idea on what they will do with the trophies. In brawl they recycled stuff from the nintendo gamecube era (trophies are mostly direct ports of twilight princess, f-zero gx, metroid prime and echoes, starfox adventures, wind waker, pikmin, ...) Let's remember the wii-u version is on HD, wii/gamecube models will mostly look bad. They would have to remodel and retexture A LOT of models, like they did in melee. I mean, they can reuse stuff from a few games that have high detailed models, like other M or punch out, but they will have to work a lot on custom models. Will we only see trophies in the 3ds version...?

Well Nintendo did make some new models, such as Ashely from trace memory and so on. but it is interesting to think how the trophies will end up.

Anyway I'm curious, is anyone working on a model of Chrom?
    « Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 12:23:50 PM by Ninka_kiwi » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 85
    Print
    Jump to: