Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: DEADPOOL! (cheers to Nano for the vid)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5I4s74Q2WI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5I4s74Q2WI</a>
Delicious like a chimichanga - 7 (14.9%)
SDo0m and Mephisto classy mofos ಠ_ರೃ - 9 (19.1%)
OMG A MOD WUT SORCERY IS THIS?!?! - 3 (6.4%)
- 13 (27.7%)
Seriously Classy Option™ ಠ_ರೃ - 7 (14.9%)
wherez vegeeeta? - 8 (17%)
Total Voters: 47

Pages:  1 ... 344 345 346 [347] 348 349 350 ... 515
Author Topic: SDo0m's Dark Void: Deadpool Release (pg 512)! Major thanks to Mephisto!  (Read 1800863 times)
_Data_Drain_
Master of the Dark Matter
Heroic Kitten

• Awards 2012 SSBB Tournament Runner-Up Fiery Topic Good Citizen Ceiling Cat

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #5190 on: October 02, 2011, 04:44:44 PM »

Hm... That down taunt will be broken in SSE. XD

3DS FC: 1762-2823-8581

Wii-U ID: Data-Drain Mii Name: Jiro

SMM Stages: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Data-Drain

Rayn
    Extreme Kitten

I gotta learn to fall asleep at reasonable hours..

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5191 on: October 02, 2011, 04:48:37 PM »

Hm... That down taunt will be broken in SSE. XD
    wait...people actually PLAY SSE nowadays? Weird...

Vee and Random's Bucketson | Happily married to Velen
    Personas:
    Luxord (Kingdom Hearts)
    Renard/NegaRen (Lapfox Trax)
    Louis (Left 4 Dead)
    Vinyl Scratch (My Little Pony)
    The Kid (Bastion)
    Tumblr!

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #5192 on: October 02, 2011, 04:51:08 PM »

The first thing I played when I got Brawl was Subspace.
    Now that I've gotten into hacks, I completely agree with ya.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

dpgthirteen
    Holy Kitten

Good bye everyone.

• Awards KCMM Veteran Heart Container Constructive

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5193 on: October 02, 2011, 05:05:29 PM »

I actually enjoy SSE, it's pretty fun. Could have been better, but it's not terrible. Oh and SDoom, I should be home tonight so I will be able to test it out from today and tomorrow and give the feedback by Tuesday or late Monday. That cool?

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

Sig by: nomnomblood

Kagemaru
    Angel Kitten

• Awards Starstormer Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5194 on: October 02, 2011, 07:44:50 PM »

The first thing I noticed after playing for a while was that if he is still having upward momentum from being attacked, he actually goes REALLY high when doing the down B. I discovered this on accident because I had meant to go diagonally downard with the attack, but my new controller kinda sucks so it went diagonally upward and he was upthere for quite a while.

Second thing worth noting is that if you happen to do your UP-B on the ground and not actually LEAVE the ground, you can't do it again until you do leave the ground. (Jump, be thrown, etc) Not an actual problem, jjust a bit of a small glitch I suppose?

Third thing I figured I should note is that while the combo system is good, it lacks importance as the opponents health gets higher. They begin to get knocked to far back for his short reach to do much about it.

One problem in particular I had was with his Mystic Combination. It reach (while I understand its supposed to be short for balancing reasons) is a bit TOO short. You almost literally have to be standing on top of them for it to connect and while yes, the smashes link to the specials, the down smash is the best one for the combo, however, due to the nature of the down smash (similar to Sonic's) its about a 30% chance you'll find yourself close enough to your opponent to land it.

Later I found out that you can continually spam Mystic Combination in the air... this is too good of a stall as he doesn't drop. Perhaps limiting it to one use in the air. (Don't put him in the fall state please because the range on the Mystic Combination is not anything I'd use for recovery any time soon.)

His forward smash, good for an end of a combo, however, because it CAN cancel into other moves, I'd think it would be better if it could cancel in between both hits. The reason I say this is because the second kick gives to much knockback for it to effectively combo into much of anything. Whats worse is that because at the moment, because Smashes only combo into specials, his forward smash is a horrible lead into his Side-B (Mystical Combination) comboing into his down b is more often then not uselss because it doesn't deal damage and the combo potential is mostly reliant on low HP levels.

His Up-B move feels a tad bit stiff. The start up is not to bad but it feels really stiff.

No offense, but I notice that his AAA is a bit similar to Shadow's.

As far as weight is concerned, he feels heavy. He falls pretty fast and its not what I pictured when I think of Kid Buu, but thats my opinion, as far as it works systematically, he falls to fast for his moves to effectively combo into it. IMO.

Overall, I'd say this was ready for release. Orginizing playtesters (While I do thank you for the opprotunity) feels unneeded in my opinion. What I listed above are minor problems that don't effect gameplay that much and can be gotten around. The only REAL problem I see are the short distance for his mistic combination and the problem with his up b not being able to be used again on the ground unless you leave the ground another way as well as the mystic conbination spam in the air for stalling. Thoes are the only problems really and only the mystic combination spam is actually important.

Overall I say a wonderful job well done and Lucario has officially been replaced.

---------------------------

I was at an anime/game convention all weekend and the last time I looked at this thread was 5 pages ago. Needless to say, I didn't read all of that and just skipped here.

I only just read that I was supposed to mainly give feedback on aesthetics but I think my critique still holds weight.

Edit: another couple of things I forgot to mention, he keeps his forward momentum when throwing his pink ball when doing it from the air. As in if you were moving in the air, while using the B move, and before he throws it, he hits the ground, you can make his body move in a direction.

Edit 2: One more thing... I notice the dl came with a FitLucarioFinal. But the final is no different from Lucario's. Mistake perhaps?
    « Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 08:53:26 PM by Kagemaru » Logged

The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

Enigmatic
    Lol Kitten

Just keeping it cool...

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5195 on: October 02, 2011, 08:23:01 PM »

It seems you have gotten quite a bit of feedback. I played with it with my friends in MO yesterday, but I think I should do more before giving any. Expect me to give some next couple days, but school has been hell lately so I can't give a solid day (I hate my Junior year so far). Like you really need more...

Import Thread | Music Thread

I am trying to sell all my old pokemon and Yugioh cards; I had a hell of a collection of the latter especially. Message me if you are interested in purchasing any.

SmashClash
    This is my title.
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container >9000 Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5196 on: October 02, 2011, 08:40:07 PM »

SDo0m. I've helped with 1 Kid Buu graphic. Can I help make the Buu Rocket(Up-B) graphic better?

HaloedHero
    Extreme Kitten

Come and get me, haters.

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Pin Collector >9000 Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5197 on: October 02, 2011, 10:11:08 PM »

Oh, and as for the fact that the wait animation goes back to that pose at every loop, if the reason you did that is because your attack animations all transition with that pose, you could just put an "in transition" of like 8 frames on your Wait1 in PSA, remove the transition from the actual animation, and the game will handle the transition for you. That's what I did on Scott and Cloud, and I've never noticed a problem with doing it that way, since it's such a small transition.

The only caveat is that moves that end facing the other direction (like forward rolls) don't work with that kind of transition, so they will jump, but not really a lot of moves do that, and it's not really very noticeable.

Like you said, who just stands around and stares at the wait animation anyway? I just thought I'd offer the advice.
    « Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 10:15:02 PM by deadsavior » Logged

There is no power quite like the power of understanding.

Dark Aura
    Extreme Kitten

HIYA! Whachya watching?

• Awards Constructive

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5198 on: October 02, 2011, 10:32:58 PM »

I've been swamped with school work, so I haven't had time to test the PSA yet. I promise I'll give you my full review and analysis tomorrow. I shan't let thee down ;0

I don't know why, but I actually play Subspace a bit when a PSA hack comes out. Not for a long time, mind you, I'm not really sure why, I guess it's because I like Arcade-style beat-em-ups (If you can even call it that). Maybe it's the novelty of having Scott Pilgrim jump on a Goomba, or have Sora take down Bosses from Nintendo. Just gives me the reminder that this is a Nintendo game, despite all the glorious Gender-bending and series swapping that hacks bring us.
    « Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 10:46:55 PM by Dark Aura » Logged

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5199 on: October 02, 2011, 11:19:36 PM »

*Wants pics of the pinwheel kick.*

I'm sorry I'm so fixated on that, I'm just excited. XD

Also.

For instant Transmission, I think you should just make Buu flicker for a short, short time or so, then teleport.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

« Reply #5200 on: October 02, 2011, 11:30:50 PM »

@Kagemaru

Both the Side B problems have been fixed.  As for the Up B I literally have no idea why that happens.  All I did was remove the ability to turn, give it a hitbox, give it graphics and change the animations.  I did nothing to how it's structured.  Also, it's meant to feel a bit stiff because it only goes straight.  It feels about as stiff as Fox's Up B.

Thank you for that awesome wall of feedback.  The purpose of playtesters was so that I could find the common problems affecting the balance of the PSA.

@ Velen

He does.....Although you can tell from the picture at all.  You can't tell from the vid either because Youtube runs at 30 FPS rather than 60

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5201 on: October 02, 2011, 11:34:25 PM »

@Kagemaru

Both the Side B problems have been fixed.  As for the Up B I literally have no idea why that happens.  All I did was remove the ability to turn, give it a hitbox, give it graphics and change the animations.  I did nothing to how it's structured.  Also, it's meant to feel a bit stiff because it only goes straight.  It feels about as stiff as Fox's Up B.

Thank you for that awesome wall of feedback.  The purpose of playtesters was so that I could find the common problems affecting the balance of the PSA.

@ Velen

He does.....Although you can tell from the picture at all.  You can't tell from the vid either because Youtube runs at 30 FPS rather than 60

No, I mean, don't make it flashy. Just make it Buu, flashing up and down a growing distance before reappearing somewhere else. You know the animation that happens when Lucario successfully counters with Double Team? That's what I mean.

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

« Reply #5202 on: October 02, 2011, 11:40:57 PM »

No, I mean, don't make it flashy. Just make it Buu, flashing up and down a growing distance before reappearing somewhere else. You know the animation that happens when Lucario successfully counters with Double Team? That's what I mean.

That's what I'm saying.  HE DOES THAT.  Again, you can't tell from the video or screenshot.  Basically, he warps back and forth each frame to give a better impression that he's warping.

Oh and @ SmashClash

Yes please to the graphic fix.

AnImAiNe
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Famous Hacker Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5203 on: October 03, 2011, 12:12:24 AM »

YES!! thank god his n-b isn't the kamehameha wave... this look great i am just not sure what was on his legs for the up b.  I also have an off topic confession to make  after all this time i can't figure out how to use spiderman's web zip horizontally with the wiimote side ways(thats just the controller style i use)

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5204 on: October 03, 2011, 12:13:18 AM »

That's what I'm saying.  HE DOES THAT.  Again, you can't tell from the video or screenshot.  Basically, he warps back and forth each frame to give a better impression that he's warping.

Oh.

Sorry. I got confused.

Pages:  1 ... 344 345 346 [347] 348 349 350 ... 515
    Print
    Jump to: