Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Riivolution is busting my balls...  (Read 2091 times)
Velen
Resident Lucario
Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « on: July 13, 2010, 10:26:21 AM »

Okay, so far, I have it up and running to the point that I can select characters in Brawl+ at the CSS without any problems. However, when I select a stage at the SSS, I get the "Piiiiiiiiiii of Doom". This happens especially whenever I have select Final Destination.

I have checked the XML file in TextEdit to see where it is looking for everything, and am pretty dang sure everything is in the right place. So why am I getting this error?

I'll check the XML again just to make sure everything is set up right, cause at this point I am about at my wit's end.

EDIT: Also need help with something else. libertyernie showed me a bug in the XML's code and how to fix it. Thing is I don't know how to add it to the code without screwing the XML up like all hell.

The XML I am talking about is the modslauncher.XML.
    « Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 10:36:24 AM by Velen Zaiga » Logged

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Miniova
    Extreme Kitten

Real life strikes again!

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 10:36:30 AM »

Umm.... did you make sure those stages actually work?

People if you have anything you need to ask me(especially the katana ness thing) please talk to me over AIM. I'll be more than happy.  AIM is Gradybryson1993

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 10:39:48 AM »

How am I supposed to know if they should work before hand? As far as I know, they should work, or they wouldn't have been released in the latest B+ DL at all, amirite?

Miniova
    Extreme Kitten

Real life strikes again!

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 10:44:53 AM »

How am I supposed to know if they should work before hand? As far as I know, they should work, or they wouldn't have been released in the latest B+ DL at all, amirite?
    Eh... you have a point.  I dunno then. :/

People if you have anything you need to ask me(especially the katana ness thing) please talk to me over AIM. I'll be more than happy.  AIM is Gradybryson1993

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 01:22:31 PM »

Anyway, anyone know how I put that bit of code in to fix that bug?

The only thing that is empty in the brawlplus folder is the MODULE folder.

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 02:10:07 PM »

Bumping because I still don't have a solution to this.

I have recopied everything from the latest download that I needed. It should work fine, but whenever I have everything enabled, FD causes the Piiiiiiiii of Doom to happen and Port Town Aero Dive soft freezes on me. I have yet to get into a single match in Brawl+ since I have gotten the thing itself to load up. I am going to test the other stages to see if any of them work.

BTW, here is libertyernie's post about the bug in the Modslauncher XML.

Where things go depends on what it says in your XML. I assume you're using Bionic's XML from Smashboards, since everything is in "brawlmods."
    Code:
    	=========== Where do I place my mods? ===================

X:/brawlmods/bbrawl/ - Balanced Brawl. RSBE01.gct goes in this folder, as well as all of the other "pf" files.

X:/brawlmods/brawlminus/ - Brawl Minus. RSBE01.gct goes in this folder, as well as all of the other "pf" files.

X:/brawlmods/brawlplus/ - Brawl Plus. RSBE01.gct goes in this folder, as well as all of the other "pf" files.

X:/brawlmods/ubrawl/ - UnstoppaBrawl. RSBE01.gct goes in this folder, as well as "fighter".

X:/brawlmods/custom1/ - Custom Set #1. RSBE01.gct goes in the root of this folder. Contains "fighter",
    "info", "info2", "menu", "menu2", "module", "stage" and "system" folders as well.

X:/brawlmods/custom2/ - Custom Set #2. RSBE01.gct goes in the root of this folder. Contains "fighter",
    "info", "info2", "menu", "menu2", "module", "stage" and "system" folders as well.

X:/brawlmods/projectm/ - Project: M. RSBE01.gct goes in this folder, as well as all of the other "pf" files.

X:/brawlmods/vbrawl/ - Regular Brawl. RSBE01.gct goes in the root of this folder. Contains "fighter",

=========== Where do I place my music? ===================

X:/brawlmods/music/ - Where you place "info.pac", and optionally, "smashbros_sound.brsar".
    X:/brawlmods/music/strm/ - Where you place all of your BRSTM files to be used in game.

=========== Where do I place my textures? ================

X:/brawlmods/textures/fighter/ - All of the character textures go here, e.g. X:/brawlmods/textures/fighter/captain/FitCaptain00.pac
    X:/brawlmods/textures/info/ - Anything that belongs in "info" goes in here.
    X:/brawlmods/textures/menu/ - Anything that belongs in "menu" goes in here.
    X:/brawlmods/textures/menu2/ - Anything that belongs in "menu2" or "pfmenu2" goes in here.
        X:/brawlmods/stages/ - All stage textures (pac) + any module files (rel) go here.

=========== How about my movies (THP files)? =============

X:/brawlmods/movies/ - Place any THP files you have in here.
    If you don't want music, you don't have to make a music folder. Same for stages and movies.
    Also, there's a little bug I just found that you'll only need to fix if you want to use stages that need different .rel files. There are two times in the XML where you see:
    Code:
    <folder external="/brawlmods/stages" disc="/stage/melee/" recursive="true" resize="true" />
    Both times, keep that line, and below it add:
    Code:
    <folder external="/brawlmods/stages" disc="/module/" recursive="true" resize="true" />

How do I insert that code into the XML without screwing it up royally?
    « Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 02:11:37 PM by Velen Zaiga » Logged

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 King for a Day RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: July 15, 2010, 02:15:21 PM »

The XML is just a plain text file. Go to that "stage/melee" line, press Enter to make a new line, then paste that "module" line I posted in.

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: July 15, 2010, 02:29:56 PM »

The XML is just a plain text file. Go to that "stage/melee" line, press Enter to make a new line, then paste that "module" line I posted in.

Okay, I've done that, but what about my problem with the SSS?

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: