Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 249 250 251 [252] 253 254 255 ... 445
Author Topic: Brawl Vault Problems, Updates, and Suggestions  (Read 1847402 times)
slayermarth101
Child of Prophecy
Heroic Kitten

Marth is my main main. >:D

• Awards Rising Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3765 on: June 25, 2012, 12:54:34 AM »

^ I think they both should be changed to the dropbox link because it's missing some files.
    The dropbox one link comes with everything the partition should've had.
    The smashboards one has information that can be found in the other forums here.

Also, I have another question. Not sure if it was asked and/or answered, but is the posting bug going to be fixed? I can't post long post.

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3766 on: June 25, 2012, 08:10:42 AM »

pretty much everything has been said about plagiarism in the vault...
    but please dont forget this:

when you import a model
    when you make a PSA based on another game (looks at SDoom's PSAs xD)

remember YOU are using copyrighted content, YOU are downloading a model that YOU dont own, YOU are "copying" another people's hard work (psa), YOU are commiting plagiarism ALL THE TIME.

also, you think nobody should use your model import because you had a hard time rigging it to be "perfect".

YOU are taking a PROFESIONAL model, this means, game developers PAID money for those models YOU just import and claim as YOURS.

also, isnt it illegal to reverse-engineer a game? i thought i read that somewhere...

those are my 2-cents

Kienamaru
    Brawl Minus Developer
    Holy Kitten

Never Collab me for anything...

• Awards 64-bit Hardcore Gamer Hot Topic Favorite'd Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3767 on: June 25, 2012, 08:46:37 AM »

What about the vertex box Link? It leads to megaupload.. shouldnt someone just take it down?

Young Link recently broke 3000 downloads. If you haven't already, Check it out!

Recently released: Sacred/Fusion Dark Interloper Link.

What ever happened to Tifa?

Vyse
    Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3768 on: June 25, 2012, 09:55:11 AM »

Updating Resources is on the agenda. Just don't have a lot of time.

Kienamaru
    Brawl Minus Developer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3769 on: June 25, 2012, 10:05:44 AM »

Ah, sorry about that.

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

« Reply #3770 on: June 25, 2012, 10:32:22 AM »

also, isnt it illegal to reverse-engineer a game? i thought i read that somewhere...

those are my 2-cents

It's illegal to reverse-engineer a game AND profit from it.  If people were to start selling their mods for example, that would be illegal.  Since nobody in the Brawl modding community openly buys and sells this stuff then its fine. 

Infact modding games can a lot of the time be very beneficial to companies.  A number of Valve's employees were actually modders before they were a part of Valve so I've heard. 

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3771 on: June 25, 2012, 10:48:10 AM »

It's illegal to reverse-engineer a game AND profit from it.  If people were to start selling their mods for example, that would be illegal.  Since nobody in the Brawl modding community openly buys and sells this stuff then its fine. 

Infact modding games can a lot of the time be very beneficial to companies.  A number of Valve's employees were actually modders before they were a part of Valve so I've heard. 
    Even then, I'm pretty sure they have the right to sue us. Remember Chrono Trigger Universe or Chrono Trigger Resurrection? As far as I know, they were both gonna be free.

Kienamaru
    Brawl Minus Developer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3772 on: June 25, 2012, 10:54:35 AM »

as far as i know they could only cease and desist.. that happened to a zelda project once.

Vyse
    Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

« Reply #3773 on: June 25, 2012, 11:02:49 AM »

as far as i know they could only cease and desist.. that happened to a zelda project once.
    "Cease and desist" notices are a polite way of saying "stop now or we will sue the [censored] out of you."

Kienamaru
    Brawl Minus Developer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3774 on: June 25, 2012, 11:25:47 AM »

I know but it gives you a chance.

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3775 on: June 25, 2012, 12:11:13 PM »

I know but it gives you a chance.
    Uh..... Why was this brought up either way?

We all know it works that way you mentioned (Both Fan-Made projects I mentioned had to cease operations, too, or they would have gotten sued). The issue at hand is that either way, it leads to the same: Ceasing operations. Also, this topic was only brought up in reply to SDo0m.

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

« Reply #3776 on: June 25, 2012, 12:13:08 PM »

Even then, I'm pretty sure they have the right to sue us. Remember Chrono Trigger Universe or Chrono Trigger Resurrection? As far as I know, they were both gonna be free.

I can honestly say that no I don't *looks it up* But you honestly can't blame me.  The project was discontinued 8 years ago.  And it's Square, they get anal about everything.  Their incompetence is probably the main reason why Geno will probably never be in a Smash game despite half being owned by Nintendo and the overwhelming fan reception he has.

I also strongly feel that if Nintendo wanted to shut down the Brawl modding community they would've done it ages ago.  Brawl modding's been around for almost 4 years now and the community is huge, comparative to the Chrono Trigger Resurrection thing which was around for 1 before Square decided they didn't want it to happen.  

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3777 on: June 25, 2012, 12:16:59 PM »

I can honestly say that no I don't *looks it up* But you honestly can't blame me.  The project was discontinued 8 years ago.  And it's Square, they get anal about everything.  Their incompetence is probably the main reason why Geno will probably never be in a Smash game despite half being owned by Nintendo and the overwhelming fan reception he has.

I also strongly feel that if Nintendo wanted to shut down the Brawl modding community they would've done it ages ago.  Brawl modding's been around for almost 4 years now and the community is huge, comparative to the Chrono Trigger Resurrection thing which was around for 1 before Square decided they didn't want it to happen.  
    I know that much, but my post was merely in reply to this:
    I was merely clarifying that when it comes to legal terms, companies have the right to take action, even if there's no profit. Tongue

Kienamaru
    Brawl Minus Developer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3778 on: June 25, 2012, 12:39:09 PM »

Albafika, it was brought up because someone mentioned suing someone for modding. I thought it seemed semi relevant.

DashSmash
    Mega Kitten

There's always hope.

• Awards RAGE!! Tutorial Writer Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3779 on: June 25, 2012, 01:32:23 PM »

Plagiarism he even says that it isn't from him. http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=27153

I do accept requests for recolours.

Pages:  1 ... 249 250 251 [252] 253 254 255 ... 445
    Print
    Jump to: