Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 327 328 329 [330] 331 332 333 ... 445
Author Topic: Brawl Vault Problems, Updates, and Suggestions  (Read 1856817 times)
Asuka
(@益@)ゞ
Supreme Kitten

• Awards Sig Contest Winner Heart Container Hey! Listen! Sniper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4935 on: September 30, 2012, 09:37:54 PM »

Just reporting this:

In case the guy is having fun reporting hacks from other users.

✿Zelia✿
    ✿Lady of Ballads✿
    Angel Kitten

"My Heart is Singing!"

• Awards Heart Container Ceiling Cat Fiery Topic KCMM Veteran

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4936 on: September 30, 2012, 10:36:40 PM »

Just reporting this:

In case the guy is having fun reporting hacks from other users.

Hmmm... yeah it's invalid. :/

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Kienamaru
    Brawl Minus Developer
    Holy Kitten

Never Collab me for anything...

• Awards 64-bit Hardcore Gamer Hot Topic Favorite'd Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4937 on: October 01, 2012, 07:00:59 PM »

Abuse: We already had/have people pumping their download counts. This would just invite more of the same.

What exactly would count as pumping my own download count? I usually download my own stuff every time I add a major update to it.

Young Link recently broke 3000 downloads. If you haven't already, Check it out!

Recently released: Sacred/Fusion Dark Interloper Link.

What ever happened to Tifa?

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4938 on: October 01, 2012, 07:08:25 PM »

What exactly would count as pumping my own download count? I usually download my own stuff every time I add a major update to it.
    Eh, you're fine. The Download Count doesn't increases when the creator DLs his/her hack, as far as I know. I've tested this.

slayermarth101
    Child of Prophecy
    Heroic Kitten

Marth is my main main. >:D

• Awards Rising Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4939 on: October 01, 2012, 07:30:03 PM »

Eh, you're fine. The Download Count doesn't increases when the creator DLs his/her hack, as far as I know. I've tested this.
    I think the creator can download it once, then from there, it doesn't work.
    At least, for me that's what it does.
    Not that my opinion matters much.. But, meh. :/

Kienamaru
    Brawl Minus Developer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4940 on: October 01, 2012, 10:02:07 PM »

Ah sweet then. Well, i may be late but from what I saw about the whole topics thing with ratings. I sort of think the number of downloads acts as a ratings system. I mean no one would get thousands on a single hack unless it's either really good, or the best version (at the time) of a really popular thing. I don't think anyone would be desperate enough to download their own hack hundreds or thousands of times.

However, if there were to be a system, it could be using stars AND a description as to why you rated it how you did. Which the rating reviews could then be looked over by moderators or whatever before approved. Pretty much like when a person gets moderated. I think it could work similar to ZFGC's Karma changing system. It prevents abuse but it  also sounds like a ton of work.

POKE MASTER
    Mega Kitten

Download my stages then U have my permission 2 die

• Awards Stack Smash Team Hot Topic Active Contributor Famous Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #4941 on: October 01, 2012, 10:55:17 PM »

Ah sweet then. Well, i may be late but from what I saw about the whole topics thing with ratings. I sort of think the number of downloads acts as a ratings system. I mean no one would get thousands on a single hack unless it's either really good, or the best version (at the time) of a really popular thing. I don't think anyone would be desperate enough to download their own hack hundreds or thousands of times.

However, if there were to be a system, it could be using stars AND a description as to why you rated it how you did. Which the rating reviews could then be looked over by moderators or whatever before approved. Pretty much like when a person gets moderated. I think it could work similar to ZFGC's Karma changing system. It prevents abuse but it  also sounds like a ton of work.

I beg to differ. The Arceus model (which is one of the things that started that other thread in the first place) has 100+ DL's yet it has no animations. The quality of that hack is poor as hell. Yet it's been on the "most popular hacks" list for 3 days now. There's a Cubone over squirtel hack that has 530+ DL's and it is of the exact same quality as the Arceus model. Yet it's on the first page when you click "top downloads" for squirtal.

Point being just because something has a high amount of downloads doesn't mean it is actually a GOOD hack. That is why Pik suggested a quality control person/people and I suggested a rating system with a quality control group as well.
    « Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 10:57:00 PM by POKE MASTER » Logged

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4942 on: October 01, 2012, 11:31:44 PM »

for the record:

I am against the quality control thingy and the rating system

that is all...

Kienamaru
    Brawl Minus Developer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4943 on: October 01, 2012, 11:35:01 PM »

^^Point taken, though I couldn't consider 100+ as a lot. Personally I'll be happy when one of my hacks hits 500 downloads. Either way, I guess people just want different characters no matter the quality then. I mean look at the Sephiroth psa, the newer models look great but the animations..

Anyway, sorrry about that whole off topicness. I guess a quality control thing could work, though i have no idea how.

POKE MASTER
    Mega Kitten

« Reply #4944 on: October 01, 2012, 11:50:01 PM »

Honesty, it seems like the only way the quality/rating system would be possible is if someone made ANOTHER website where hacks can be uploaded just like Brawl Vault. However it would have different rules of course so it wouldn't be very much like Brawl vault is that sense. I'm guessing there would be a chosen group of people who rated the hacks and depending on the rating that would determine whether or not the hack is eligible for submition. If it is it would be posted on the site for people to see,download and rate themselves. I actually like the idea of another website that operated under a rating system. It would be a place were the experienced hackers could go and have their good hacks be uploaded around other good hacks. It would be like the SERIOUS  Im srs here version of Brawl Vault lol. Chances are it won't happen here it won't happen here so we should all just stop suggesting it here.

Post Merge: October 01, 2012, 11:51:56 PM
    ^^Point taken, though I couldn't consider 100+ as a lot. Personally I'll be happy when one of my hacks hits 500 downloads. Either way, I guess people just want different characters no matter the quality then. I mean look at the Sephiroth psa, the newer models look great but the animations..

Anyway, sorrry about that whole off topicness. I guess a quality control thing could work, though i have no idea how.

Yeah I know it wouldm't be considered alot. But its ONLY day 3 and it's still there AND it's still of bad quality; is what I was getting at
    « Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 11:51:56 PM by POKE MASTER » Logged

nernerman
    Hyper Kitten

Whaddya mean I'm not sexy?

• Awards RAGE!! Warm Welcomer Active Contributor Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4945 on: October 02, 2012, 12:10:30 AM »

Why not just try it out? If it fails we can get rid of it. But seeing as this would be a lot of work just trying it out could be a pain.

My youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIZiiqCTRpJzGerDPthk_BQ

My Twitter
    https://twitter.com/jnernerman

Add me on video games and stuffs

XBOX Live- nernerman
    PSN- nernerman
    League Of Legends- nernerman
    Steam- nernerman
    WiiU- nernerman

2DS code- 3239-3643-3359
    3DS code- 1934-0670-6807

Skype- Jordan Miller (nernermansdesktop)
    Skype- Jordan Miller (nernermanslaptop)]

JOEYSX5
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Texture Artist Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4946 on: October 02, 2012, 12:18:05 AM »

Well... yeah. Wasn't there more texture hacking sites but they were closed down?
    « Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 12:19:35 AM by ▂▃▄Big Boss▄▃▂ » Logged

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

POKE MASTER
    Mega Kitten

« Reply #4947 on: October 02, 2012, 07:20:16 AM »

Well... yeah. Wasn't there more texture hacking sites but they were closed down?

Idk about that but I doubt a site where good quality hacks are constantly being uploaded would go down. However it the possibility is still there...
    « Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 07:35:01 AM by POKE MASTER » Logged

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

« Reply #4948 on: October 02, 2012, 07:40:52 AM »

Back in the day (like, first few months after BV's creation), there was no control over who downloaded what, so some users just repeatidly clicked on their hack to boost its download count.

Nowadays, there's a system preventing that. But the idea remains that, even back in the day, our users were already immature enough to go to such extents simply to get more recognition. And we honestly do not trust our userbase to be any more mature now, so if there's anything put into place to rate/review hacks, it's likely not going to be open to everybody.

[very long paragraph]
    I think you've missed Vyse's post. We're planning to add something that allows for a team of dedicated users to put better hacks forward, using the blog as a support for it. Seeing as the "Blog Team" is mostly made of dead people / lazy people nowadays, we might as well give the spotlight to everyone, instead of just a small elite.

So yeah, I don't think there's a need to ask someone to make a whole new site just for that.

All of them amounted to just a blog where a dozen or less hackers posted their creations, and nothing else. Most of them died down because the hackers keeping them alive started to lose interest and stopped posting on them. Of these team blogs, only IST and LST remain.
    There's also been a few forums for these "teams", but they all died rather quickly. Even LST's forum isn't really active anymore. As for actual open hacking galleries, we're the only ones who have gone through the trouble of actually building and maintaining such a thing.
    « Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 07:51:57 AM by Miacis » Logged

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

DashSmash
    Mega Kitten

There's always hope.

• Awards RAGE!! Tutorial Writer Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4949 on: October 02, 2012, 08:43:00 AM »

Back on that rating system that won't come. Why don't you make a rating system with 5 stars where you just need to give how much you like in stars like 4 stars for a really good import as example. So people can't make any comments on it.

I do accept requests for recolours.

Pages:  1 ... 327 328 329 [330] 331 332 333 ... 445
    Print
    Jump to: