Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Kenji's Projects (Working on nothing, looking for suggestions)  (Read 16259 times)
Blue
Mega Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2009, 02:13:46 PM »

I'm a play tester. =3

Screw signature's, I have the number 42.

Kenji
Expert Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2009, 03:15:39 PM »

update: altered ganon v1.3 is up

TheNevii
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2009, 05:20:35 PM »

You should make The Homonculus! My own creation, but hey, he's awesome! Give me a second to pull up the thread...

Here it is! http://kittycorp.freecp.net/index.php?topic=3141.msg29373#msg29373
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 05:23:10 PM by TheNevii » Logged

Shipomaster
Expert Kitten

Zetta slow...

View Profile WWW Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2009, 10:32:00 PM »

need moar anime. Anything Naruto, Bleach, Full metal alchemist, Inuyasha, or soul eater related will beaccepted with a great big virtual hug. I want an all anime brawl.

Kirblord23
Mega Kitten

Real men don't use avatars.

View Profile Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2009, 08:59:49 AM »

Naruto? BLEACH?? INUYASHA!??!! You're sick in the head.
Anyway, dl for mage popo is broken. Fix?

Kenji
Expert Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2009, 09:53:49 AM »

err...the kind of suggestions i really want are towards things i've already made
ideas for future creations are still welcome though

and mage popo DL seems to work fine for me...

thanyou
Extreme Kitten

That guy who did that thing a while ago

View Profile WWW Awards
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2009, 12:53:41 AM »

err...the kind of suggestions i really want are towards things i've already made
ideas for future creations are still welcome though

and mage popo DL seems to work fine for me...

Speaking of Mage Popo, you gotta find a way to kill off Nana, she makes the moveset super cheap by doing the same attack twice >.<

Tsunade
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2009, 11:38:16 PM »

I'm going to use 1-10 rating system. 1 being awful, 10 being Broken. I'd like the majority of moves to be around 6-8.

Darkrai (Lucario)

v1
Attribute Changes:
Runs faster
Better horizontal air movement
Increased air mobility
Increased air stopping mobility

Attack Changes:
Dark-type moves (GFX/Flag changes)
Jab to Brick Break (shield damage / side-b throw animation)
I like the jab. It doesn't seem to combo with into anything, but it looks like it can be used as a diversion and it's believable. So.. nice. 5/10

Ftilt to Poison Jab (flower element ftilt with no 2nd hitbox)

I love that you used the posion effect. I've been wanting people to use this alot more. The move itself is ok. It's a lot like the jab except with a bit more range. I Uthrow > Ftilt is ok i, guess. i feel like it could be better though. 4/10

Fair to Shadow Claw (has "tipper" / item throw animation)

The range on this move is pretty bad. Lucario would have to put himself dangerously close to land this move. it's not even strong so there isn't much reward for landing a hit. 2/10

Dash Attack to Fling (running item summon+throw)
This attack did absolutely nothing when i used it. there was animation, but no effect. It was like a running taunt. maybe i was using it wrong? if not, 1/10

Utilt to Shock Wave (electric utaunt)
this move was ok too. damage is minimal, but i like that it comes out fast so that it can be used nicely out of shield. and the cool down time makes it so that it'll get punished hard if spammed. It's a pretty balanced move. 7/10

Dair to Ominous Wind (wind blast utaunt)

This move is insane. Any aerial that covers THAT much area is going to be (with very little landing lag) is going to be ridiculous and will over centralize that characters metagame. It's too safe, and the move will be spammed (like Metaknight's tornado) Not only that, but it COMBOS into Dark Void! Check in training mode. It's a legitimate combo. Not only that, but higher percents Dair > Dark Void > Repeat is a stall infinite. this move is TOO good.. 10/10

Dtilt to HP Dark (doesn't hit on body / crouch animation)
This move is just useless to me. It's about as fast as lucario's Jab and Ftilt, it only does 6 percent? it's an interesting move tho. maybe if you move the hitbox further out (about the distance of ZSS' sideB) it'd probably be useful. 3/10

Uair to Psychic (psychic blast utaunt)

uhh.. this move's OK. I don't care too much for the animation, but the effect is cool. At low percentages, falling Uair > Utilt works. and at higher ones, falling Uair > Uair works, lol. So i guess it's a decent combo starter. the only problem is if it's used at the height of his jump, he'll be in cooldown for about a second  Undecided 6/10

Usmash/Fsmash no longer hit on body
I like that you did this. Lucario makes more sense this way. 7/10

Special Changes:
Neutral-B to Dark Void (forces sleep / down-b animation)
I LOVE THIS MOVE. This game needs a good sleep move and I think this is it. My one concern is how you can't control Lucario's aerial movement during cool down. (like how you can control squirtle when he is charging water gun) Is there anyway you can fix this? Other than that, I love everything about this move. Good Job. 8/10

Up-B to Giga Impact (ES with strong hitbox and ~3x startup)

Uhh.. This move is both bad and broken. It's bad in the way that lv 9  CPU Sheik threw needles at me til i couldn't comeback to the stage anymore. It's broken in the way that killed the same sheik with it at 76% off the top of FD! And unlike falcon punch, this move can go nearly Half way across FD. So it can be MASSIVE in teams. I'd really recommend leaving this move as it was and maybe putting a hitbox in it similar to sheik's dash attack. in the mean time.. i guess 9/10

Side-B to Hypnosis (forces sleep / dtaunt animation)
This move is virtually useless. the only advantage this has over Dark Void is that the hit comes very late in the move, so it's easier to punish. But I can't see smart player getting hit by this. And I also can't see Lucario getting away after using it. Now only that, but it's pretty much Suicidal to use in the air. 1/10

Down-B to Dark Pulse (burst of dark energy / staunt animation)

This move was also completely useless against good players. It takes forever to come out, and when it did, it ranged from 2-5 percent! the only thing decent about it was that it slowed down his fall speed. I would recommend removing this altogether. maybe figure out away to give lucario bone rush? 3/10

FS is stronger, cannot be SDI'd and goes into FallSpecial over air when finished

Grab/Throw Changes:
Pummel, F and U throw are Dark element

Other Changes:
Changed Taunts
Slow getup is slowed down fast get up attack

v1.1 - Changes
NB on Air opponents is Dark Pulse
DB changed to Charge Beam (changed to electric type)
"Chance" Event on Poison Jab/Shadow Claw/Dark Pulse

Overall: The Character was fun to use, but when compared to the rest of the cast, he would probably be considered a bad character with a few good moves, but overall bad (Especially at close combat, and it the air) I hope this helps you make improvements. Good luck.

Kenji
Expert Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2009, 04:41:04 AM »

Oh, you have to do a taunt before fling does anything, since that determines what item comes out.

And thanks for the comments, I'll make a more detailed reply after I get home from school.

Edit: Oh and since the character was designed for vBrawl, that may be why he seems so bad in B+.

Edit2:
@Fling - It needs more work anyway

@Ominous Wind - Ah, that does seem to be a problem. A range nerf combined with a change in mechanics should probably get rid of that though

@Dark Void - Probably, I could use a character momentum event to allow some movement.

@Giga Impact - It's kinda supposed to be slow and powerful >_> and I doubt such a slow move would really be that good since it can be easily reacted to (unless B+ speeds up the startup animation in which case I don't mind weakening it or just changing it)

@Hypnosis and Dtilt - :/ I might do something to these moves, not sure what

@Charge Beam - See above, except replace might with will

Do these changes sound good for a B+ edition then? (And this is addressed to anyone who happens to see this)
-Do stuff to Fling and Charge Beam
-Nerf Ominous Wind (and maybe Giga Impact)
-Add movement ability to Dark Void
-Small buffs here and there
-New Air Side-B (?)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 02:03:45 PM by Kenji » Logged

bboynotbgirl
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2009, 09:58:44 PM »

D= why cant captain interrupt rollll??????

Tsunade
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2009, 11:39:56 PM »

Those changes sound good. i didn't know the character was meant for normal brawl which means a few things might be different. But the changes you will listed are kind of important.

And i tried fling.. IT'S REALLY broken. i killed my opponent, taunted like 8 times before he got back, and spammed dash attack. a bunch of Lip's sticks came out.. it was really funny, but really cheap.. haha

Kenji
Expert Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2009, 06:53:01 PM »

Darkrai updated.

DMN666
Dawn/Hikari fanatic!
Holy Kitten

Meh

• Awards Pin Collector Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #27 on: November 06, 2009, 06:59:18 PM »

If you can do that with DK,can you try to make Younglink?Try just try okay,if you cant okay.

Kirblord23
    Mega Kitten

Real men don't use avatars.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #28 on: November 06, 2009, 07:09:47 PM »

Mage Popo link is still broken .-.
    perhaps a different website? ;-;

Kenji
    Expert Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #29 on: November 06, 2009, 07:41:29 PM »

sure, bro.