Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: Useless poll is useless
Useless, just like Hollow. - 6 (6.5%)
^ This. - 1 (1.1%)
^ Those. - 0 (0%)
Whatever's over there. > - 4 (4.3%)
< Maybe that thing over there. - 2 (2.2%)
Maybe this is a complete waste of your time. - 2 (2.2%)
^ I bet that's right. - 1 (1.1%)
Why'd you vote for this option? - 6 (6.5%)
Option 12 is true. - 4 (4.3%)
V Tough. (does this mean I made option 11 first?) - 0 (0%)
My fingers are getting tired from typing all this... - 2 (2.2%)
Option 9 is false. - 5 (5.4%)
Why'd you vote for option 1? Hollow's a nice guy. - 13 (14%)
^ No. Just no. - 2 (2.2%)
- 45 (48.4%)
Total Voters: 93

Pages:  1 ... 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 ... 88
Author Topic: Hollow's PSAs: Summer PSAs on page 86  (Read 365352 times)
SiLeNtDo0m
Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1050 on: December 06, 2010, 10:11:37 AM »

I think the goal that really needs to be accomplished here is:

Can this play and feel like Sephiroth, even WITHOUT a vertex?

Now some of you may be thinking "wha?" but bare with me here.  I think dingo is right in saying that he plays like a "Generic Paladin with a long sword" in a sense.  Without that vertex he just seems like a "Magic Swordsman Marth" or something like that.  It would be pretty hard to tell that it was a Sephiroth PSA without the vertex.

This said though, I do really enjoy playing as Sephiroth.  I just find him to be an all round enjoyable experience.  But I honestly think that the best way to do this would be by taking a good look at a lot of his moves from different games, and build your moveset in a varied sort of way (unfortunately I can't really give feedback as to how you should do the moves, since I know very little about Sephiroth).

For example, for Viewtiful Joe, I analysed moves from Viewtiful Joe, Viewtiful Joe 2, Viewtiful Joe Red Hot Rumble, Tatsunoko vs Capcom and I even had a little look at Marvel vs Capcom 3 as well as added my own flair to some of the moves so I could best replicate his moveset.

Aafyre
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Featured KCMM Veteran Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1051 on: December 06, 2010, 10:23:16 AM »

Well, I just wanted to apologize if any of this was because of my original ideas. I did spend an entire day and a half looking over Sephiroth videos, playing Dissidia and Kingdom Hearts 2 and watching his fight scene in Advent Children. I know Hollow didn't follow all of my ideas but I didn't want to say much because he seemed so set on making Sephiroth his way and I thought it looked pretty cool, if not exactly as I imagined. Now I'm sure that even if he followed my ideas exactly that it wouldn't have been totally right either but I just wanted you guys to know that I did put a ton of time into research. My goal was to try to use the best moves from as many of his appearances as I could.

As for the FAir, he did a very similar attack in Advent Children (just look at the gif I made). Personally Dingo, I feel that if Hollow had given Sephiroth Firaga, Blizzaga, and Thundaga that he would have felt even more like a generic elemental Marth. Sephiroth isn't the only Final Fantasy character able to use those moves (every mage ever, every character from FFVII and FFVIII, etc. can do that). I think it's much better to focus on what makes Sephiroth unique (like maybe giving him Shadow Flare). To make it easier to do some research and to see what I'm talking about, here's my original idea:

Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII) over Marth

Special Traits / Other:
    Marth's countering pose could make for a pretty good basic standing pose for Sephiroth. Is it possible to have him walk while holding his sword like this too?

This could be a good run for him:

Some of Sephiroth's smash attacks could be cool with Ganondorf's shadow effects.

Sephiroth has ridiculous range with most of his attacks, including his grabs. That is the entire point of him. To keep him from being broken, maybe he'll have a tip property like Marth, where the whole middle section of his sword deals very little damage and has very little stunning capabilities.

Sephiroth will have three jumps, allowing him to perform better in the air.

His fall speed should be somewhat slow and floaty, like Melee Mewtwo's. However, pressing down allows him to fall much faster.

Rolling out of his shield could be a teleportation thing, with as much distance as Melee Mewtwo's roll.

If possible, it would be nice for him to be able to both wall-jump and wall-cling. I'm sure this is not possible, but being able to run up walls would be pretty badass too.

Cool quotes that could be ripped from Dissidia:
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HDTqNYPgW4" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HDTqNYPgW4</a>

Weak Attacks:
    A Combo
    A series of slashes.

Forward Tilt
    Sephiroth performs a series of attacks with his sword, his fists, and his legs. Like a cross between Ike's Neutral A combo and Snake's Forward Tilt combo. The last strike of this will be the only one with significant knockback.

Up Tilt
    Sephiroth swings his sword to shoot out some rather weak air blades diagonally up. This will play very similarly to the CoN Naruto PSA's Kunai attack. Marth's Up Tilt animation would work well for this.

Down Tilt
    Ike's Down Tilt would probably be fine, as long as the range in increased.

Running A
    Maybe kind of like Marth's.
    Allows you to lead into some of your A combos, like so:

Smash Attacks:
    Forward Smash
    Sephiroth performs a slash similar to Link's Forward Smash animation. But the longer you charge this, the more strikes he performs, which could end up looking a lot like Marth's full Forward B combo, except that he would travel a further distance while attacking. This attack can have Ganondorf's shadow effect.

Up Smash
    Pretty much the same as Ike's, just faster and weaker. Fast enough so that his Up Tilt can sometimes set the opponent up for it.

Down Smash
    Sephiroth holds his sword up and stabs it into the ground. Very similar to Ike's Neutral B, even the animation can be the same. But instead of fire, there can be that green lifestream stuff, with bits of earth/rocks cracking up, kind of like this:

Of course, this gif is of what his Aerial Down A should be, but the effect is the same.

Specials:
    Neutral B
    Sephiroth summons a meteor that shoots diagonally down. The longer you charge, the greater distance the meteor travels. For example, just tap B, and it comes down right in front of you. Charge it for a bit, and it comes down like in this gif:
    If performed in the air, there is no charge up, and it shoots out a bunch of weaker meteors.

Forward B
    Maybe something like Zelda's Forward B. You will control a little shiny thing, but when you let go, it will explode into shadowy spheres.

Up B
    Extremely similar to Lucario's. Sephiroth enters a flying state that lasts maybe a second. There will be a brief start-up time where you choose the initial direction you want to go in. You can also attack out of it and use whatever remaining jumps you have afterwards.

Down B
    Sephiroth summons a giant pillar of fire around him. The longer you charge, the more pillars there will be, with a maximum of three (the second pillar will be in front of him, the third will be in back). These pillars pull the opponent toward them and keep the opponent trapped for a second or two while burning him (like Ness' PK Fire). Good at racking up damage, but little knockback. Maybe Ho-oh or Entai's fire could work for this (though obviously much weaker than either).

Grabs:
    Grab
    Sephiroth pulls his sword back then thrusts it in a given direction (Forward, Up, Diagonally Up, or Diagonally Down), impaling the enemy. This will have a slow start-up time, like Samus', giving the player a chance to choose which direction he will stab in. Marth's Neutral B is a pretty perfect animation for this.

This gif includes his Up Throw

Aerial Grab
    Works the same as his ground grab, but it will always stab upwards, and automatically fling the opponent downwards. This could be a good spiking move.

Pummel
    Sephiroth twists his sword while the enemy is impaled.

Forward Throw
    Sephiroth pulls his sword back and kicks the opponent off of it.

Back Throw
    Sephiroth turns around and performs Marth's forward smash animation (or something like it), flinging the opponent off his sword.

Up Throw
    Sephiroth flings his opponent upward off his sword.

Down Throw
    Sephiroth slams his opponent into the ground, pulls his sword out of him, and then stabs him again.

Aerial Attacks:
    Neutral A
    Marth's Neutral A in the air could work fine for this. Just up the range.

Forward A
    Sephiroth swings his sword downward, very much like Ike's Forward A in the air.

Back A
    Marth's arial Back A should work fine, just with increased range.

Up A
    Sephiroth rapidly stabs upwards. Little to no knockback, but good at racking up damage.

Down A
    What Sephiroth does when he kills a certain someone. Think Toon Link's. It can even use Link's exact animation. One of his main killing moves. If he hits the ground with it, it can cause the earth to crack up and green lifestream stuff to come out.

Final Smash:
    Sephiroth enters a state similar to Super Sonic, where he can fly around and perform his attacks (Unlike Sonic, just touching the opponent will not hurt them).

Kinda like this.
    His Neutral B becomes a slash attack, and if you connect with it, it leads to a cinematic attack (similar to Captain Falcon's if possible) like this:
    Also, I doubt this is possible, but if Sephiroth could grow a wing while in this mode, that would be badass.
    « Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 10:46:34 AM by Aafyre » Logged

Ӄit ßallarɖ
    Little 3D Animator
    Angel Kitten

Little Twitch Affiliate

• Awards PC Pro Gamer Heart Container Super Saiyan Topic Sniper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1052 on: December 06, 2010, 11:56:53 AM »

I agree with the final smash idea. That I can easilly reanimate (out side of psa work. Only hollow could do lol)

Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
    Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
    Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!

BigBadBooya
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1053 on: December 06, 2010, 12:27:23 PM »

I really love this Sephiroth psa as well, but my only problem is with the Super nova, it's kind of herd to tell exactly when it will hit making it almost impossible to dodge, except if I use it on ROB, he always dodges perfectly (Is that normal for ROB to be able to always dodge?).

(this is just an idea) Sephiroth should be visible until about half a second before Supernova hits, that way you would be given some chance to survive, though it would still be slim.
    « Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 12:31:04 PM by BigBadBooya » Logged

It's impossible to rush perfection, but you can still pressure it.

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame, even when inside a spoiler.]

Kyoufu wo oshiete yarou! - I will teach you fear now

O o         
    /¯/________________________/
    { BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGHHH!!!
    \_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\

Kaye Cruiser
    Waveshocker Sigma
    Holy Kitten

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1054 on: December 06, 2010, 01:02:10 PM »

Well god damn. O_o;

Everyone sure seems to be up in arms about this PSA. Is it really that bad? o.o' *hasn't tried it yet, but liked the betas*

Master_Ryuk
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1055 on: December 06, 2010, 02:38:46 PM »

The PSA is great, but there are too many sephiroth fans that want him to be perfect at the first try. In my opinion of balancing more sephiroth, there are no balanced characters in brawl (metaknight is an example) and he is sephiroth, so he MUST be strong.
    Also, i think complaining about this is pointless, is not like going to solve anything, so just enjoy what you get people.
    (why it hasnt get 1000 downloads yet?)

Hollow
    Kitty Corp's Personal Hollow
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container KCMM Veteran Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1056 on: December 06, 2010, 02:52:21 PM »

Right, then. Rydia, you're my animator of choice, since I'm sure Dingo has other stuff to do.

Now, if anyone knows how to hit a charter to the center of the stage, the I'm all ears.
    But, until then, the supernova will be this: swing of sword, if hit, supernova comes and kills that person, unless other people are around, courtesy of time stop.

Anyway, I would like Dingo and Data to be my main advisors for V2, and anyone who thinks they can add something to it, it'll have to be approved by one of those two.
    That is, if they're willing to advise me. Smiley

Since people want Dissidia for the most part, that will be the basis, along with FF: AC and KH 1/2 elements thrown in.

Criticism IS appreciated, thank you. Just not terrible harping and killing me with it. >.>

So, this is he plan for the most part.

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! PC Core Gamer Heart Container 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1057 on: December 06, 2010, 03:03:20 PM »

Can't wait for the new Sephy Cheesy
    I liked this one but i cannot wait for this one either Cheesy

Hollow
    Kitty Corp's Personal Hollow
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container KCMM Veteran Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1058 on: December 06, 2010, 03:04:02 PM »

This will actually be a Sephiroth this time around.

Oh yeah, i forgot about Death V2.

I'll work on it a little because it's like thisclose to being done.
    « Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 03:12:06 PM by Hollow » Logged

SmashClash
    This is my title.
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container >9000 Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1059 on: December 06, 2010, 03:16:49 PM »

Lol, last you typed "thisclose", people said they can't see your fingers but I understand what you mean when you put it close together.

_Data_Drain_
    Master of the Dark Matter
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards 2012 SSBB Tournament Runner-Up Fiery Topic Good Citizen Ceiling Cat

« Reply #1060 on: December 06, 2010, 03:18:05 PM »

Right, then. Rydia, you're my animator of choice, since I'm sure Dingo has other stuff to do.

Now, if anyone knows how to hit a charter to the center of the stage, the I'm all ears.
    But, until then, the supernova will be this: swing of sword, if hit, supernova comes and kills that person, unless other people are around, courtesy of time stop.

Anyway, I would like Dingo and Data to be my main advisors for V2, and anyone who thinks they can add something to it, it'll have to be approved by one of those two.
    That is, if they're willing to advise me. Smiley

Since people want Dissidia for the most part, that will be the basis, along with FF: AC and KH 1/2 elements thrown in.

Criticism IS appreciated, thank you. Just not terrible harping and killing me with it. >.>

So, this is he plan for the most part.

So I'm still gonna give feedback? Cool, I do like play testing... I'll do my best to help. ^_^

3DS FC: 1762-2823-8581

Wii-U ID: Data-Drain Mii Name: Jiro

SMM Stages: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Data-Drain

Ӄit ßallarɖ
    Little 3D Animator
    Angel Kitten

Little Twitch Affiliate

• Awards PC Pro Gamer Heart Container Super Saiyan Topic Sniper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1061 on: December 06, 2010, 03:26:26 PM »

Hollow. Please pm me a way we can talk live cause I'd hate to start som'in that I can't keep my attention to. Also helps to have some input from the psa artist since he's more your project then mine.

Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
    Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
    Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!

_Data_Drain_
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #1062 on: December 06, 2010, 04:11:21 PM »

Hollow, make Aaf look over this too, since he made a good bit of the ideas.

Kaye Cruiser
    Waveshocker Sigma
    Holy Kitten

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1063 on: December 06, 2010, 04:13:03 PM »

This. He was originally going to make the moveset anyways. And we all know Aafyre is a smart guy. :3

_Data_Drain_
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #1064 on: December 06, 2010, 04:14:19 PM »

This. He was originally going to make the moveset anyways. And we all know Aafyre is a smart guy. :3
    Not to mention, he made the Sephiroth vex edit anyway... So without him, this wouldn't be as good as it will be.

Pages:  1 ... 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 ... 88
    Print
    Jump to: