Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MegaMan Volnutt - Currently seeking animators!  (Read 8365 times)
Digiholic
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: June 28, 2010, 05:33:47 PM »

For downloads, see the main project thread on Smashboards here

Yes, like Zero before him, MegaMan Volnutt is ready to make the jump into brawl! I plan to use this topic to keep everyone posted on progress (and have a thread full of people complaining that I'm not getting enough done to motivate me)

Volnutt is currently planned to go over ROB. He has just as many articles and there aren't many hacks already on him.

THE TEAM

Head:
digiholic

Animators:
Xigger
EdgyBluz
Kei_Takaro
Emeril127

Texturers:
Oni K4ge

Also, I've asked Fortwaffles for so much help, he might as well be a teammate.

Attention Animators!
Project Volnutt is in desperate need of animators. Send me a PM here or on Smashboards if interested.

THE MOVES

MegaMan Volnutt will be a control character, sort of similar to Zero. He'll lack in kill power, but will dominate the battlefield with his ranged game and combat options. Unlike Zero, who keeps control due to his amazing mobility, Volnutt will make use of spacer attacks with fixed knockbacks to keep his opponents at bay.

The finalized moveset will rely heavily on wether or not I can figure out a weapon switching method. I've found that I can scale the weapon bones to 0 in specific animations, meaning, if worst comes to worst, I could just make three sets of animations for his specials.

Remember that I am open to all suggestions on the moveset, and this is in no way finalized.

Special moves (tentative):
Neutral-B (all weapons) - Mega Buster. A simple charged shot, similar to Samus's, but with one major difference: Volnutt can move freely while charging. Before you go off screaming "Broken!" know that he will not be able to save his shot by shielding. Meaning, if you want to keep your shot with you, you'll need to hold onto the B button for dear life.

Down-B (all weapons) - Weapon Change. Volnutt  cycles through his weapons, cycling in the order Machine Gun - Shield - Drill. This move has almost no lag at all to encourage frequent weapon switching. The different weapons change Volnutt's Side-B and Up-B moves. Can be done in the air.

Side-B(Machine Gun arm) - Volnutt fires a burst of bullets. They will cause a small amount of stagger, no more than Falco's Laser, but will deal decent damage. Great for pressuring shields and disrupting recoveries.

Side-B(Shield arm) - Volnutt activates his shield and pushes forward slightly. The shield reflects any projectiles it connects with. If an enemy is in contact with Volnutt when he activates the attack, they are sent back horizontally with a high, but fixed, knockback. This attack has a decent amount of lag between it, enough to punish with an attack but not so much that it becomes worthless for reflecting.

Side-B(Drill arm) - Volnutt stabs forward with his drill. This attack has a slow startup, and a lot of end lag, but is one of Volnutt's most reliable kill moves. It will hit multiple times, the last one dealing knockback.

Up-B(Machine Gun arm) - While on the ground, Volnutt will fire straight down, creating explosions that cover either side of him. This attack plays out similarly to Link's grounded Up-B, with a series of small hits and one kockback hit at the end. When used in the air, Volnutt's shots will propel him upward a ways. This attack will give him the least distance with his recovery, but doesn't cause him to go into fallspecial, allowing him to protect against edgeguards.

Up-B(Shield arm) - To be honest, I have no idea what I can do here.

Up-B(Drill arm) - Volnutt drills upward. This attack has similar properties to his Side-B, but has less knockback. Volnutt has slight control over his lateral distance with this move, making recovery easier.

Final Smash - Max Shining Laser. Volnutt will uppercut in front of him. If it connects, the enemy is pushed above him, where he unleashes a huge laser beam upward. The laser will hurt any enemy it connects with, but Volnutt will not fire if his initial uppercut misses.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 11:56:17 PM by Digiholic » Logged

flammable
Black Cat
Supreme Kitten

Deliverin' some bad luck

• Awards Featured Hot Topic Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 11:10:48 AM »

how far in development is this?

Married Mai Self nvm

Digiholic
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 04:21:38 PM »

All the preliminary steps are done, it's been hexxed in, model swapped over ROB successfully, and resized to a playable scale. All that's left is animations and PSA.

flammable
    Black Cat
    Supreme Kitten

Deliverin' some bad luck

• Awards Featured Hot Topic Heart Container

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 08:10:06 PM »

All the preliminary steps are done, it's been hexxed in, model swapped over ROB successfully, and resized to a playable scale. All that's left is animations and PSA.
    cant w8 Grin

Married Mai Self nvm

CascadeHope
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, 10:58:59 PM »

Sounds so awesome!! I can't wait to be able to play as a megaman! (Not X, mind you, but beggers can't be choosers Tongue)

For his shields up B, how bout something along the lines of:

Shoots a blast out of the shield downwards, with slight damage, slight spike, and a little of a boost upwards. The damage, spike distance, and boost increases based on how many times the Side-B has successfully blocked projectiles.

Current PSA:
    Colette Brunel
    PSA
    Vertex

Needing Animators/Vertex Hackers. I'm new to PSAs and have no clue how to do anything Sad (If someone could teach me, that would also be great!)

D1337
    Extreme Kitten

Time for tickles! >:3

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: June 30, 2010, 11:06:28 PM »

Ha. About time I saw this in the hands of Kitty Corp.

My Prize:
    chicken noodle soup that'll be all I see what you did there ...

PPXEXE
    Supreme Kitten

There are worst things then death.....

• Awards Fiery Topic Former PMDT Heart Container

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2010, 04:02:59 PM »

this is going to be cool, can't wait for the first beta. n_n

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=19502.msg351735#msg351735

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Thewill
    Mega Kitten

I animate for brawl hacks, what's your excuse?

• Awards Renowned Hacker >9000 Shadow the Pinhog

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010, 05:31:41 AM »

Could I animate?
    « Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 05:32:34 AM by Thewill » Logged

Eternalshadow
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: July 23, 2010, 02:51:07 AM »

man..this will be so awesome to use the MML megaman. cant wait to try him out
     AWESOME 2.0!

!

pingufetch5
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: March 15, 2011, 03:00:51 PM »

How about for his Up-B (shield) he spins the shield like a helicoptor

Beyond
    ♥God of Love
    Special Access

...but nothing happened...

• Awards Hey! Listen! Ceiling Cat Active Contributor >9000

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2011, 03:03:35 PM »

How about for his Up-B (shield) he spins the shield like a helicoptor

This thread is from July of last year. Im srs here This project is dead and no progress has been shown since.

xZedkiel
    Heroic Kitten

Quitting for a while... Wish I could quit life..

• Awards Famous Hacker KCMM Veteran Heart Container Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: March 15, 2011, 03:04:13 PM »

Don't post on dead threads.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: