Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 ... 212
Author Topic: Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates  (Read 1008675 times)
nanobuds
Overlord Kitten

• Awards Former PMDT Sniper Diamond in the Rough >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1965 on: March 30, 2012, 06:08:07 PM »

the banner does need some updates... there are old, outdated hacks on there.

I have a fantastic idea. How about we create a poll about if the banner should be changed or not??

ItalianStallion
    Weapon X
    Overlord Kitten

Might controls everything

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Star Hacker

« Reply #1966 on: March 30, 2012, 06:30:41 PM »

It'll be an obvious answer, but it should be done for the [censored] of it.

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

« Reply #1967 on: March 30, 2012, 06:32:47 PM »

I'm saying you don't have to look at it like that.  LSTeampin =/= good hack.  LSTeampin = LSTeamemeber made it.

I'm sorry if I'm just misunderstanding, but here, you're contradicting that post where you seemed to deeply associate LST hacks and "proof of quality".

This may sound like another pointless nitpicking, but what I'm trying to show here is that, so far, no one has been able to CLEARLY expose what goal needs to be reached.

So first, we were asked "a way for newbies to easily find good hacks by marking LST hacks in the Vault". (Assumes that LST=Good quality)
    Now it's more like "a way to identify LST hacks easily, not because of their quality, but just for the fact that it comes from a specific team". (Assumes that being in a team needs to be valorised.)
    We really don't know which way to turn if you don't tell us what your exact aim is. .-.

Again, we won't be the ones to take care of expressing your own idea for you.
    No offense, but very roughly, it seems to us like we have a group of hackers asking us "Okay, we want you to make us more visible. We don't really know how or why though. So here are some random ideas, try to make something out of it."
    And our reaction would look like that: "???????? Where are they getting at?"

the banner does need some updates... there are old, outdated hacks on there.

I have a fantastic idea. How about we create a poll about if the banner should be changed or not??

Or as I said in just the previous page, it's probably gonna stay like that until a volunteer can put up something better. >_>
    « Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 06:50:18 PM by Miacis » Logged

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

• Awards Former PMDT Sniper Diamond in the Rough >9000

« Reply #1968 on: March 30, 2012, 06:56:43 PM »

Or as I said in just the previous page, it's probably gonna stay like that until a volunteer can put up something better. >_>

Why not do this:

If LST really cares about having their hacks on the banner, then have most of the banner say KC:MM with the KC:MM team's hacks, then in a corner or something it says LST with some of their hacks... I don't really care if IST is represented or not.

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #1969 on: March 30, 2012, 06:57:51 PM »

Well, Beyond DID say he MIGHT want to do it...
    No promises though.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

StarWaffle
    Pretty much Wafflu
    srs kitten

Pretty much amazing

• Awards Star Hacker Featured Good Citizen Renowned Hacker

« Reply #1970 on: March 30, 2012, 08:38:37 PM »

I'm sorry if I'm just misunderstanding, but here, you're contradicting that post where you seemed to deeply associate LST hacks and "proof of quality".

This may sound like another pointless nitpicking, but what I'm trying to show here is that, so far, no one has been able to CLEARLY expose what goal needs to be reached.

So first, we were asked "a way for newbies to easily find good hacks by marking LST hacks in the Vault". (Assumes that LST=Good quality)
    Now it's more like "a way to identify LST hacks easily, not because of their quality, but just for the fact that it comes from a specific team". (Assumes that being in a team needs to be valorised.)
    We really don't know which way to turn if you don't tell us what your exact aim is. .-.

Again, we won't be the ones to take care of expressing your own idea for you.
    No offense, but very roughly, it seems to us like we have a group of hackers asking us "Okay, we want you to make us more visible. We don't really know how or why though. So here are some random ideas, try to make something out of it."
    And our reaction would look like that: "???????? Where are they getting at?"

Yeah you are absolutely right, I would associate an LST pin with a good quality hack. It would be a magnificent way to point out good hacks.  But I also associate download count with a good quality hack. I mean if something has like 5k downloads It's got to be decent, Right? I also associate the wifi safe stat with quality because in my eyes If something desyncs wifi, it sucks =P 

I was just arguing that an LSTeam pin can also just be seen as just another stat.

You n I already discussed a different way to point out good hacks for newbies, I'm still working on it.

The initial problem was already solved with a simple editing of our blog post titles so that the LSTeam name can appear on the KC-MM facebook feed.

During the whole fiasco though, I thought it would be cool if we could make it more clear which hacks come from which team in brawl vault entries. I guess this conversation really belongs in the brawl vault thread now but oh well. It kind of evolved here.

Ӄit ßallarɖ
    Little 3D Animator
    Angel Kitten

Little Twitch Affiliate

• Awards PC Pro Gamer Heart Container Super Saiyan Topic Sniper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1971 on: March 30, 2012, 08:45:01 PM »

The initial problem was already solved with a simple editing of our blog post titles so that the LSTeam name can appear on the KC-MM facebook feed.
    That was actually a smarter idea as now it looks fresh and clean from the Kc FB postings.
    « Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 08:46:14 PM by Lara CrofϮ » Logged

Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
    Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
    Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!

Naruto200Man
    Badace Kitten

Guy: Go fourth and Brawl! Lee: Yes Guy Sensei!

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker KCMM Veteran

« Reply #1972 on: March 30, 2012, 08:49:05 PM »

Um it might not be my place to say this but, why not have a rating thing like youtube's old rating bar? I mean the five stars thing, not the like/dislike thing thats totally NOT ripping off of facebook >_>

Another idea I like has already been said, each "team" needs their own pin and when a team member of that team puts a hack on the vault that pin appears next to the users name who submitted the hack.

The five star thing would be on all hacks, this way the people could decide on quality on their own. I'm not sure how hard that idea would be to code though...

Ӄit ßallarɖ
    Little 3D Animator
    Angel Kitten

Little Twitch Affiliate

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1973 on: March 30, 2012, 08:57:16 PM »

Um it might not be my place to say this but, why not have a rating thing like youtube's old rating bar? I mean the five stars thing, not the like/dislike thing thats totally NOT ripping off of facebook >_>

Another idea I like has already been said, each "team" needs their own pin and when a team member of that team puts a hack on the vault that pin appears next to the users name who submitted the hack.

The five star thing would be on all hacks, this way the people could decide on quality on their own. I'm not sure how hard that idea would be to code though...
    for once, you posted som'in interesting. I kinda like the "team Pin near submition" idea. And it's been explained to death that a rating system like that would lead to faulse readings. The Like system is bad enough as it is (in the eyes of others as pfft, I have no "likes" woo XD)
    « Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 08:58:42 PM by Lara CrofϮ » Logged

Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!

Naruto200Man
    Badace Kitten

« Reply #1974 on: March 30, 2012, 10:34:32 PM »

The star thing is kinda more solid than the like system, maybe they need an option where you could leave a review of the hack.

fanfiction.net/fictionpress.net (They're both the same site, ones for fanfiction and the other is for original fiction) has a review system that lets you review each chapter of a story. You could even make it so you could go to reviews of said hack.

Course that would lead to some misinformation about quality, but reviews are more helpful to downloaders than a like/dislike button, they're also a good way to give newbie hackers info on how to improve or what needs more work.

I mean, I could say that I didn't like a hack by clicking the dislike button, then optionally leave a review saying why. Of course if there were parts I DID like about the hack I could list those Tongue
    « Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 10:36:59 PM by Naruto200Man » Logged

StarWaffle
    Pretty much Wafflu
    srs kitten

Pretty much amazing

• Awards Star Hacker Featured Good Citizen Renowned Hacker

« Reply #1975 on: March 30, 2012, 11:03:44 PM »

The star thing is kinda more solid than the like system, maybe they need an option where you could leave a review of the hack.

fanfiction.net/fictionpress.net (They're both the same site, ones for fanfiction and the other is for original fiction) has a review system that lets you review each chapter of a story. You could even make it so you could go to reviews of said hack.

Course that would lead to some misinformation about quality, but reviews are more helpful to downloaders than a like/dislike button, they're also a good way to give newbie hackers info on how to improve or what needs more work.

I mean, I could say that I didn't like a hack by clicking the dislike button, then optionally leave a review saying why. Of course if there were parts I DID like about the hack I could list those Tongue

I think miacis told me this would be way too much of a resource hog.

Naruto200Man
    Badace Kitten

« Reply #1976 on: March 30, 2012, 11:09:21 PM »

Ah well, can't blame me for trying to be useful for once XP

Just thought I'd toss some ideas around anyways Cool

Vyse
    Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

« Reply #1977 on: March 30, 2012, 11:43:52 PM »

Liking is a means of sharing things that you like.  And you are publicly showing the amount of times a certain hack is shared/liked. Be it an optional feature or not it makes things un-equal.
    Likes aren't an indicator of quality. They just mean some people like a thing. People like plenty of things that I don't think are worth the praise.

People superficially attaching value to a bunch of numbers isn't our problem.

Its to inform people where the hack came from.
    Use the info box like everyone else. Do what I suggested before and make an LST account to upload with. I'll be blunt: we're not going to change everything just because you want more attention.

I feel teams are good for the brawl hacking community.
    We'll have to agree to disagree on that point. I've thought about it plenty; I don't pull these opinions out of a hat. I don't believe the community is big enough to afford the kinds of petty squabbles that arise from team divisions. Like this one happening now.

To summarize this whole 10 pages of [censored].
    Mmm, yes, a simple us vs. them dichotomy. It's so much easier on the mind when you ignore all the inconvenient nuance and shades of grey in reality.

It would be a magnificent way to point out good hacks.
    That's not what we do.

Um it might not be my place to say this but, why not have a rating thing like youtube's old rating bar?
    How would it "not be your place." Anyone is free to comment as long as they're being constructive.

Anyway.

Things that will likely never happen.
    • Comments
      • About as many votes for as against
      • Easily (and often) abused or misused
    • Ratings
      • Arbitrary
      • Easily (and often) abused or misused
      • Resource intensive
    « Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 11:47:25 PM by Vyse » Logged

Ӄit ßallarɖ
    Little 3D Animator
    Angel Kitten

Little Twitch Affiliate

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1978 on: March 30, 2012, 11:52:40 PM »

Think maybe we could look into expanding the Vault Code for Teams? =3 I actually kinda like that idea. it'd make it easier for people who want som'in from a select team to pull up a whole list of what they've made instead of having to scavange around all the time.

Naruto200Man
    Badace Kitten

« Reply #1979 on: March 30, 2012, 11:58:12 PM »

Think maybe we could look into expanding the Vault Code for Teams? =3 I actually kinda like that idea. it'd make it easier for people who want som'in from a select team to pull up a whole list of what they've made instead of having to scavange around all the time.

^ This is what I was thinking about the team pin thing =3
    It'd be a lot easier to search for a particular team you're interested in, then when that page comes up you can poke around and find the hack and/or team member you want.

Although it's probably just a random thing, but "team vaults" is another idea. Download counts would be shared with all members of the team, kinda like colabs, this could be turned on/off by team members too.

Pages:  1 ... 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 ... 212
    Print
    Jump to: