Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 30
Author Topic: Villager Joins the Brawl! -Released!-  (Read 156272 times)
Renova

Extreme Kitten

There's one thing a saiyan always keeps..HIS PRIDE

View Profile Awards
« Reply #240 on: November 10, 2013, 12:26:09 AM »

Dat entry. All arguments are forever invalid.

I try to keep up with what's happening on the smash site but they've been inconsistent with their updates and quite frankly, if they don't put Crono in the game I don't think I'm going to get it this time around.

Snoopy, does villager have his net in the psa?

babyblinx1
Advanced Kitten

I'm the mayor, do what I say.....OR ELSE

View Profile Awards
« Reply #241 on: November 11, 2013, 06:00:51 PM »

why i'm glad you asked.  just ignore the fact that i totally didn't see this until late yesterday...

i've got all the attacks except the Down and Side B basically PSA'd, and basically feeling like how i wanted them.  of course that's still subject to change, i'm not a one man balancing team like Sakurai is.  HA, i made a funny.

since there's not much to show, and i don't have video recording capabilities, have some gifs instead.

this one is the Entry.  pretend the Bed shrinks and goes into his pocket towards the end.

Nice. What's the line mean? The shrink? (BTW, Nice hidden phrase. XD Also... I found out how to do this due to the fact that I deleted the invisible "HA, i made a funny" post, and having to put it back. Am I allowed to do this or is it illegal due to the whole "Forum Rules" that I overlooked? A.K.A. I may have missed THIS part, not missed ALL of the rules. Tongue )
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 06:11:22 PM by babyblinx1 » Logged

KingJigglypuff
Meme Machine

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #242 on: November 11, 2013, 06:52:37 PM »

Nice. What's the line mean? The shrink?
    The "line" is the bone of the bed model. ._.

I found out how to do this due to the fact that I deleted the invisible "HA, i made a funny" post, and having to put it back. Am I allowed to do this or is it illegal due to the whole "Forum Rules" that I overlooked?
    What? ._.

No. It's not against the rules to remove black text from a quote... .-.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

babyblinx1
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #243 on: November 12, 2013, 02:51:40 PM »

The "line" is the bone of the bed model. ._.
    What? ._.

No. It's not against the rules to remove black text from a quote... .-.
    I meant to make colored text.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #244 on: November 12, 2013, 02:55:47 PM »

I meant to make colored text.
    It's still not against the rules. ._.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

babyblinx1
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #245 on: November 12, 2013, 03:35:00 PM »

It's still not against the rules. ._.
    Oh. Well, I feel dumb.
    « Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 06:15:53 PM by babyblinx1 » Logged

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #246 on: November 12, 2013, 03:40:04 PM »

Oh. Well, I feel dumb. Oh well. Even though this is off-topic, Who else pre-ordered or is going to buy A Link Between Worlds? I pre-ordered mine.
    Stop derailing. You were already doing it before this post.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Star Hacker Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #247 on: November 12, 2013, 04:16:27 PM »

glad you guys are excited and still willing to put up with my slowness.  i knew it was going to take some time to merge the model edits together, which is why i put them off for so long, but just not quite 4 hours of actually doing it and a few more for fixing freezing issues.  the main reason its taken so long is because i have 4 separate Villager models, 2 Male, 2 Female, and 2 different shirt UVs for each.  of course once i got all the edits compiled, only 1 of the 4 actually worked properly.  but i've gotten all that sorted out, and now i'm just wrestling the FitPit.pac to accept a very slightly different Model Visibility setup.  but once that's done, it'll finally be time for the thread release.

Snoopy, does villager have his net in the psa?

indeed he does, the Forward Smash and Back Air.  pretty sure i've shown them before...

Nice. What's the line mean?

as KJP said, it's the Bed's bones.  i just forgot to turn them off for the gif.

babyblinx1
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #248 on: November 13, 2013, 06:05:52 PM »

Stop derailing. You were already doing it before this post.
    Sorry, I didn't realize I went off-topic THAT far. A LOT of the time I don't think. Please ignore me when I said that. And Snoopy, Can the Male Villager be over Lucas as well, or do you only want Female there? Because I had another character on Pit. If you don't want to, I understand, but it's just a small favor. c:
    « Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 06:15:30 PM by babyblinx1 » Logged

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #249 on: November 13, 2013, 06:27:37 PM »

Can the Male Villager be over Lucas as well, or do you only want Female there? Because I had another character on Pit. If you don't want to, I understand, but it's just a small favor. c:

no, i put the Male model on Lucas too.  they're both on Ness and Lucas, just check the original download.  for the PSA, they're on Pit for now, as a port to another character has yet to be decided,  but will more than likely be the last thing that happens.

also, just waiting on a video or two to be posted, then i can release the Villager.  figured it'd be a good way to see what you're getting before downloading, or if you already have a Pit PSA that you don't feel like moving, as i'm sure a lot of people do.

also also, this.

based on today's daily pic of this

i was kind of thinking of doing it already, but that pretty well set the goal for me.

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #250 on: November 13, 2013, 07:37:13 PM »

<a href="http://youtu.be/gvWbYlPWakg" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtu.be/gvWbYlPWakg</a>

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #251 on: November 13, 2013, 07:53:05 PM »

very nice.  and with that,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ve5pqn01e7uyuc/VillagerInitialRelease.zip

don't be too surprised if occasional freezing happens.  apparently there's a few things i still need to sort out.  hence this only being a beta/thread only release.  feel free to post when it does freeze though.  so far i have 'after a few matches' and 'using the Down B', even though the second one hasn't happened to me yet.

oh, and also post balancing notes if you feel so inclined.  otherwise, enjoy.

PseudoTypical
    Extreme Kitten

Browsin' internetz

• Awards Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #252 on: November 13, 2013, 07:54:12 PM »

^ Awesome! I'll try and write something detailed when I get a chance, though I'll be busy for most of this week...

Uncle0wnage
    Hyper Kitten

Just an avid hacker.

• Awards Hot Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #253 on: November 13, 2013, 08:24:03 PM »

I'll try this out, post haste.

Post Merge: November 13, 2013, 09:14:15 PM
    Alright here we go,

So, i like his walk to run speed and style, kinda wish he turned faster while running, but it isn't bad.

A combo: good, simple, no major changes needed.
    forward tilt: decent, somewhat hard to land, possibly faster or larger hitbox
    down tilt: godly, don't change this, this move is crucial to his aerial game.
    up tilt: I don't care for this move, too small of a hitbox, not useful for anything really.
    forward smash: good move, maybe the hitbox needs some changing, seems difficult to land consistently
    down smash: nice, but does it ground opponents at a certain percent/hitbox, also, this should hit people grabbing onto ledges, imo
    up smash: another good move, hitboxes are good, decent juggle move, but not as good for air game as down tilt.
    neutral b: i like your interpretation of this, but I would have it shoot three shots at once if possible, because it is difficult to land just the one, and it doesn't do much damage on its own.
    up b: good move, very fun to control, good mindgames and acting out of it is very good, might shorten the distance able to be traveled a tad, but this move is pretty good atm.
    neutral air: damn, this move is pretty powerful, nearly too much so, short hopping into this is killer on enemies, maybe lower the knockback on this, cause it's just too good.
    up air: good move, but only useful if you get your opponents waaay up above you, best used following down tilt.
    forward air: decent move, somewhat lacking in range, if possible add soe weak water hitboxes a foot or two in front of the can so this is more useful.
    down air: I like it, good hitbox, good to use out of up b, not much needs changing.
    back air: this move needs changing, either without the net or something, it is hard to hit wilt, and even if you do, the benefits aren't very good, maybe change this to a quick volley of slingshot shots(3) behind him like in smash 4?
    dash attack: I like it, difficult to land, I would increase knockback somewhat, needs more reward, cause at low percents you get punished even for a successful hit.
    also, I really don't lie how weak his double jump is, with such great aerial tools, it saddens me to only really be able to use them after down tilt or up smash, I'd increase his second jump height by quite a bit, and see if that gives him more options.
    overall, very nice work, but his neutral a in the air is pretty op, if anything, his moves seem to come out a little too slow and/or have too small hitboxes for what they appear, nice work.
    « Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 09:14:15 PM by Uncle0wnage » Logged

Cupid
    Newbie Kitten

Supervisor Account

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #254 on: November 13, 2013, 11:01:16 PM »

VILLAGER VS. LUIGI - SSBB Wii U Hacks

Pages:  1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 30
    Print
    Jump to: