Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 ... 48
Author Topic: Kratos Aurion v.2.25...Updated 3-11-11 @5:00PM  (Read 200059 times)
Psycho Philia
Lol Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Ninja Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #615 on: April 10, 2011, 12:00:24 PM »

Why not use the same method for these spells? Just because we are in brawl, you think it is normal that Kratos, even if he is the caster of a spell in brawl can't be hit by for example a sword that falls completely on his head?

For the idea of having two versions, it is definitely a bad thing, because it means probably much more work for Divine Overlord to do, and besides, he would have to do it two times, because if there are two versions like this for the balanced version, he should do this for the overpowered version (talking about this, Omega malkior, I will send you a private message soon), do you see what work you would make him do? And besides, for something completely useless because it doesn't fit brawl AT ALL!

Arc Sage: I was talking about spells in general, not Fireball. About fireball, maybe it can have an homing effect, but very limited, so Samus's side b can work as a reference. But the problem is, that if you do this, you also have to decrease the speed of the Fireball in order to not be too effective because it would be also an aspect of overpower.

For the other spells, it is not the method of samus side B that is used, but the Lyn method, which is absolutely different, and in this case, I don't really think you can predict who will be it, and I keep this argument, making the spells appear at the opponent feet in Brawl is not compatible with other Brawl characters.

Definitely it's something to forget, but if you prefer, there is one idea that can work probably more in order to be Brawl like. But be careful, Fireball is excluded among this method.

I don't know if you have tested Cloud of Silent Doom, but from what I saw, you have a move that is very special, meteor move, you can control the distance where the meteors are casted, by pressing the stick if I remember correctly. You can cast the meteors far of Cloud, near of him or at a medium distance. We can use something like this but modify it in order to fit Kratos much more, because again, his spells have good range, so it shouldn't affect him... This way, it is much more brawl (it reminds of Zelda's side B, but a little different because control is much more limited), and we keep some properties in general of Tales of. (I recall you that it is almost the way used to use spells in Tales of the abyss, you control manually where the spell is casted for most of them.) If you are fed up of the spells being casted at ALWAYS the same distance, this is probably the method to fit both Brawl and Tales of, because I remind you that we are in Brawl, of course we have to keep properties of Tales of, butthey also have to fit Brawl.

Oh bomb, no one understands you. You have to be expressive with your feelings. Don't worry, Philia will help you with that. Fu fu fu fu....

Kitare, Saitan no Ikazuchi! Ikare, sousei no daichi! Ribaasukuruseidaaa!

ArcSage
    Mega Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #616 on: April 10, 2011, 12:27:10 PM »

Hmm. I understand what you are saying about controlling where spells are cast.
    This is not a bad idea. It would be nice if cyclone and spread could last a bit longer too so you could adjust their position using the control stick.

BUT. Before we chunk the idea of spells appearing at opponents feet, I think it should be realized that some moves would be greatly enhanced by this, like grave and lightning.
    I further believe that it is NOT impossible to merge Lyn's and Samus's way of targeting together.

You could take the first bit of Samus's code in her side-B. It should be some code which identifies the closest target and sets a variable to it so that the missile knows where to aim.
    But instead of using the tracking method where he spells moves towards the target, it would use use the variable for the closest character and then obtain it's X position in the same manner that Lyn does in the assist trophy. If done correctly, I think it would work.
    But only DivineOverlord can testify as to whether this is actually possible, so we will have to wait for him to provide input.

*And I agree. The idea for two versions of the PSA isn't exactly ideal, it would be a ridiculous amount of work.

How much happier is the man who believes his town to be the world, than he who aspires to become greater than his nature will allow.

Psycho Philia
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #617 on: April 10, 2011, 12:42:04 PM »

And grave and lightning would be too murdering spells if they appear at the feet of the opponent, especially lightning as it can stun, it's still an overpower, Kratos has the chance to have spells and use them, it's not needed to simplify the player all the work to do by casting spells and that's all... (I don't know if it will be kept though for the stunning) And about Samus side B coding, I took a look at it, it only has two lines of coding... And it is the same for Zelda's side B, and to reproduce something like Zelda's side B, Divine Overlord in his Sephiroth had to type 1000 lines if I remember correctly, I don't know how the file limit size works, but if he is forced to do something like this, I hope it won't affect too much the file size limit...

But ArcSage, for the idea of merging Lyn's and Samus's properties, honestly I don't know if it is possible or not, I really don't know, but I keep thinking it can be dangerous to use Lyn's properties for the balance of the character, and even maybe the file size limit.

Oh bomb, no one understands you. You have to be expressive with your feelings. Don't worry, Philia will help you with that. Fu fu fu fu....

ArcSage
    Mega Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #618 on: April 10, 2011, 12:55:27 PM »

Ah, this is a very good point, I forgot about file size limits.. I have no idea how this would restrict DivineOverlord because I'm not sure what the actual limits are.

This is probably a stupid question, but when you looked at Samus's coding did you check the, "other", tab? aside from the, "Main" one. The information we need must be in there because Samus's side-B and Zelda's side-B are VASTLY different..

That is... Unless....!! The coding for the missile target is found in the object of the missile itself and not Samus's moveset. In other words, Samus's side-B code may just create an instance of the missile itself and then once created, the coding of the actual missile object takes over by determining it's direction from the nearest character. Interesting. :0

How much happier is the man who believes his town to be the world, than he who aspires to become greater than his nature will allow.

Psycho Philia
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #619 on: April 10, 2011, 12:59:20 PM »

Again, I took a look in Zelda's and samus's moveset, so fitpac, and there are at maximum 6 lines of codes in other section.

? How did you found the code of the missile itself?

Edit: Sorry, I didn't understood really well... It's a possibility, but I don't know how it can be verified...
    « Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 01:00:24 PM by Psycho Philia » Logged

ArcSage
    Mega Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #620 on: April 10, 2011, 01:01:53 PM »

And are the codes identical?

I haven't found the code of the missile, I am just saying it MAY have it's own code. Like how items have their own code which tell them how to perform in different situations. I am just throwing out ideas since noone else is. Smiley

Psycho Philia
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #621 on: April 10, 2011, 01:15:32 PM »

....Hum...

An interesting theory, that I really would like to verify, but honestly I don't know how...

For main for Samus:

Asynchronous timer: frames 22

Bit variable set: Ra Bit[16]=true

For main for Zelda, the same thing, excepted frames 12, and RaBit [17]

For other for samus:

Eye event 1: 0-6

18030200: 0-4, 1-36EE80

Aynchronous timer: frames=22

Rumble: 0-c, 0-0

For other for Zelda, the same thing, excepted she has frames= 18 and don't have the code just after eye event.

DivineOverlord
    Supreme PSA Overlord
    Holy Kitten

Ready to hack SSB4? XD

• Awards Pin Collector KCMM Veteran Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #622 on: April 10, 2011, 02:28:44 PM »

^ are you guys talking about how they're side B special works? I have another way of doing it by code.

Just a Financial Analyst that loves SSBB Cheesy

Smash Attack 2.65: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=17599
    Noob Guide: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=12169.0
    PSA Resource Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=1337.0

Projects in Progress:
    + Dante Update
    + sword master kirby
    + Loyd over Pit
    + DO/KJ fusion Ichigo

ArcSage
    Mega Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #623 on: April 10, 2011, 02:35:36 PM »

Yes, pertaining to the aspects of Kratos's spellcasting on enemies instead of a predetermined location in front of him.

We are trying to figure out how to accomplish three things here.

1. Find the target closest to you and set that as your opponent to attack.

2. Decipher the X coordinate of the opponent and set that as a variable.
    (Y is not needed because we want the spells to stay locked on the ground)

3. Set the "X" create position of a spell for the variable "X" defined above.

I will be gone for the rest of today, so I won't be able to continue contributing to this discussion until later tonight. Sorry guys!
    Hope you figure something out.

Psycho Philia
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #624 on: April 10, 2011, 02:42:59 PM »

Yeah ArcSage summed our discussion, I just wanted to add that find the target closest to you and set the spell to appear on his feet is just something that would make Kratos overpowered... But controlling the where the spells appear like Cloud Meteor of Silent Doom would better, it wouldn't make him so overpowered.

ArcSage
    Mega Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #625 on: April 11, 2011, 11:01:57 PM »

So did you guys collaborate over PM's while I was away?

Psycho Philia
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #626 on: April 12, 2011, 09:17:20 AM »

No honestly not really, I didn't saw Divine Overlord and I was busy with a totally other thing.

Anyway, ArcSage, I will send you a private message to answer your question.

Royal_Blade
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container B

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #627 on: April 19, 2011, 12:27:13 PM »

I don't mean to bumb/revive this, but I remembered that I was working on the recolors.

So I finished them and I would like someone to take pictures so people can see them up on the vault.

Quote from: br3compactor
    By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
    *Fixed URL*
    My PSA Thread

ArcSage
    Mega Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #628 on: April 19, 2011, 03:01:00 PM »

Yes!
    I'm glad you were able to finish them!!

Can you provide a link to where we can download them?

Royal_Blade
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container B

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #629 on: April 19, 2011, 04:21:49 PM »

Sure Thing.

Here: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=18270&Moderated=All&facebook=true

Note that they're V1 because the recolors are not 100% perfect. There are some red-ness over the place because Red was the first texture I recolored. Then recolored everything else from there.

Again, I would like people to take pictures so I can edit the submission.

Enjoy them!

Quote from: br3compactor
    By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
    *Fixed URL*
    My PSA Thread

Pages:  1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 ... 48
    Print
    Jump to: