Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - Ike_Lawliet

#1
OKAY SO!

Sorry I've been away so long. I apologize if I left any of you hanging. Sorry too for not updating more, especially with unfinished things. Life, work, things get in the way, so I haven't produced hacks in a bit. But, I'm coming back with a huge new project, and a long unfinished hack!

OKAY, SO THEN!

First off, the long-promised Gurren Lagann! The Gurren Lagann hack is finished, and works great over Ganon. The model has been almost %100 rehauled and re-textured, and looks a lot different from where it started now. I want to tweak it a bit before I release it, but it is already done. Expect that out very soon.

Next, the project! How many of you follow or have seen Omo-Cat? (http://www.omo-cat.com/) She is an artist who, among a lot of other cool stuff, draws a lot of video game art, especially LoZ and Mother. Her stuff and style are really great, and her color sense is awesome. The idea is that Omo-Cat will re-draw the entire Brawl cast, including Samus and ZSS, Sheik and Zelda, etc. Then, her drawings will be properly formatted, and, in some form, circulated so that you can have an entire Omo-Cat CSS screen! Every character in Brawl, drawn stylistically and awesome. It'll be a cool way to have a new, fresh looking CSS without 20,000 Shadows or swirly green effects in the background. The project will also likely include special Omo-Cat themed hacks, inspired by her comics.

SO!

Here's where I need your help. Drawing the whole CSS including variations... that's a lot of characters. Omo is doing some work for free, but mostly it will be a commission. Usually, artists charge upwards of $60 for portraits, but Omo is willing to give the hacking community a special waaaaay lower price of $25 per character, which is a huge bargain for how much work she puts in. She's also willing to charge for almost half the cast, only about 15 characters charged. That said, it comes out to about $375. If you all, the awesome modding community, would be able to help pay for the CSS, we can make it reality! Any amount of money would help!

Omo runs a store, and might even sell her Brawl drawings when they are complete. However, I'm sure that anyone who is willing to help pay would get the whole CSS set for free! I haven't set up a means for collecting payment yet, first I want to see if anyone is interested in co-paying before we move ahead with the project.

So, any takers? I think this could come out really ridiculously awesome, all we need is some help to make it! The hacking community is pretty big, so if we all pitched in some, that could do it!

(Also, for those worried, Omo and I are NOT selling a hack. Omo is also NOT commissioned to make a hack or CSS files. What Omo IS commissioned to do is draw a set of images in her style of the Brawl characters. These images can then be able to be used for many things, including being inserted into a CSS.)
#2
No, I used an old model as a base, and I'm touching it up quite a bit. Thanks!
#3
Model Imports / Re: Ike Lawliet: Mr. Face download!
February 18, 2012, 01:22:33 AM
He's the main enemy from the Horror Survival computer game, Amnesia. [censored]s scary.

Also, Gurren update! Almost finished-
New
Old
New
Old
#5
Would you guys rather a slightly oddly rigged X of ZX right now or Mr Face rigged on Ganon right now?
#6
Sure, feel free to.
#7
Jawa posted! Gurren next.
#8
Model Imports / Re: Ike Lawliet: Gurren Lagann update!
February 07, 2012, 08:35:21 PM
Phew! Computer finally fixed! Expect updates soon. First the Jawa, then Gurren, then X, then more.
#9
Model Imports / Re: Ike Lawliet: Gurren Lagann update!
February 04, 2012, 02:27:58 AM
Haha, no worries. It shouldn't be too serious- I'm accessing the internet through another computer. In the meantime, don't worry about my hacks. I backup everything on an external.

Like I said, should be done soon!
#10
Model Imports / Re: Ike Lawliet: Gurren Lagann update!
February 01, 2012, 04:09:17 AM
It's coming, it's coming, just be patient. You'll notice I've made no progress on anything in a small bit, not just your Jawa. I'm still fixing my computer, which has no internet connection atm. It's got a lot that needs to be fixed, and that comes first. Once it's done, I'll get back to hacking.

It's kinda unfortunate- honestly, the Jawa hack seems pretty easy, it just came at a bad time. I promise it will get done, and my computer should be fixed soon. (2ish days.)
#11
Model Imports / Re: Ike Lawliet: Gurren Lagann update!
January 29, 2012, 10:11:05 PM
Oh, haha, actually I'm only looking for the robots from that show. But thanks so much for the leg work! I appreciate your efforts.
#12
Model Imports / Re: Ike Lawliet: Gurren Lagann update!
January 29, 2012, 08:17:37 AM
Absolutely. As a matter of fact, I've already used several pmd models successfully. Danbo, for example, began as a pmd model. (http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=24781)
#13
Model Imports / Re: Ike Lawliet: Gurren Lagann update!
January 28, 2012, 01:02:20 PM
Feel free to do so. If you finish a moveset that needs GL having spikes all over its body for its FS, I would likely be willing to make a model special for that. Otherwise, I will probably not feature the spikes in the final model, although they were included in the original model.

I removed them because they were poorly textured and difficult to see relative to the model's size. They also contributed surprisingly heavily to the model's already high poly count. Moreover, other different options looked better for GL's FS, such as generating a Giga Drill, or having the wings appear.


... What I'd really love, if I could ever get my hands on the right model, would be to have GL upgrade to a higher model during FS, by which I mean Arc, Chouginga, or TT.
#14
Model Imports / Re: Ike Lawliet: Gurren Lagann update!
January 28, 2012, 07:26:28 AM
Actually, you guessed it. When I'm done, I'm going to look at every character and take another thought at it, but I will most likely place him over Ganon. I figure the moves are forceful, like Gurren's. His down air especially fits Gurren. In that it's cool.

For his Final Smash,
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
#15
Thanks! Glad you like them!

UPDATE: Again, the work is going so very slow while I fix my computer and regain internet access. That said, I am still making work.  I have both updated the Gurren Lagann model and have likely found another, and I will use parts of both. While I finish, here's two previews of how the rig looks currently, compared to what it looked like when I received it.




Still a lot of work left. Wings will likely still be included, at least as an alt costume. They just aren't in the preview pic, for clarity.