Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Probably get this a lot, but help getting textures on?  (Read 1720 times)
truekingofgames0
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: October 21, 2012, 10:58:59 PM »

So, I used to do a lot of brawl modding stuff. Mostly just using other peoples textures though. I then stopped using my wii for a couple (maybe 5 or 6) months, and now coming back can't seem to get the textures up.

I have the File Patch Code RSBE01 in /codes and i've go the /private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/Fighter/(name) all done, with all the characters/textures I want.

I open up the wii. Go to USB loader. Turn on Ocarina. It says it found the codes. loads up. And no textures. Any suggestions what i'm doing stupid?

Chaoszard
Extreme Kitten

Everyone have a dark side.

• Awards Sniper Warm Welcomer Concerned Elector Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 06:55:45 AM »

Every time i make a new code file (with code manager), it goes into SD > codes. BUT if i let it into this folder, it won't be read by USB loader.
    I must cut and paste it into SD > usb loader > codes, otherwise USB loader won't load the new code file.
    After several months you may have forgot that detail. Sometimes it happens to me too.

No more into brawl hacking as long as Fighter.pac remains not editable, also i don't have time for that anymore for the moment.
    PSA/Moveset HERE : http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=41974.0
    STAGES HERE : http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=60399.0

truekingofgames0
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 08:16:42 AM »

I tried that, and it still refused to work. Sad Nothing I try seems to have any affect. I've gotten the latest code from this site, i'm using ocarina in usb loader, it's the ntsc-u version...

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• Awards KCMM Veteran Super Saiyan Topic Hey! Listen! Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 08:30:40 AM »

Sometimes there's a problem with the SD Card. Have you noticed that there is a lock on the side? If the switch is away from the metal, switch it up. That switch is a lock whether it's contents can be read or not... I've had problems with this so many times, it's not even funny...

Also, Welcome!

truekingofgames0
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 08:45:35 AM »

Sadly thats not it either. I even remember having this problem back when I first started trying to mod, and no textures would show up.

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• Awards KCMM Veteran Super Saiyan Topic Hey! Listen! Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: October 22, 2012, 08:49:11 AM »

So you're using USB Loader with Ocarina codes on... you said that the codes were found...

My guess right now would be where you place the hacks...

truekingofgames0
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: October 22, 2012, 09:00:39 AM »

Well, just barely I tried to put a new cheat on with the ocarina. (super link) and I couldn't seem to tell any difference. Which Hook type should I be using?

Chaoszard
    Extreme Kitten

Everyone have a dark side.

• Awards Sniper Warm Welcomer Concerned Elector Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: October 22, 2012, 11:52:27 AM »

The lock button on the side of a SD card prevents from writing, not reading.

You said that you're using the latest codes, maybe you downloaded a code which does not work for your region ? I think about the file patch code. Is your game PAL or NTSC-US ?

And you may also have the 256 limit of code lines problem. There are some huge codes that quickly bring you up to this limit. Of course if you don't have the gameconfig.txt in the root of your SD card.

Try running the game with file patch code ONLY.
    « Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 11:53:24 AM by Chaoszard » Logged

No more into brawl hacking as long as Fighter.pac remains not editable, also i don't have time for that anymore for the moment.
    PSA/Moveset HERE : http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=41974.0
    STAGES HERE : http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=60399.0

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: