Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SD Card Question  (Read 1258 times)
BNuge
Advanced Kitten

Silent Master of Winds

View Profile WWW Awards
« on: November 23, 2012, 12:20:13 PM »

I asked about this on the SmashStack forums, but I figure I can also check here. 

My friend goes to college a few hours away from me and doesn't really know enough to run hacked Brawl himself. Coincidentally, the Wii he plans to use is at his college and currently does not have Homebrew on it.

Is it possible to have SmashStack and the Brawl hacking files on the SD card at the same time and have everything work?

Ex. Homebrew installs while the Brawl hacking files (from Kitty Corp) are on the SD card.
Ex. After Homebrew is installed, the hacked Brawl will run normally while SmashStack is still on the SD card.

Are those two examples true?

Spex130
Holy Kitten

So very Spexcellent.

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Hyperactive Contributor Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 12:34:41 PM »

Well, how SmashStack runs is by pretty much running whatever Boot.elf is in the root of the SD card.

What SmashStack does for Brawl Hacking is by causing the Boot.elf to be Gecko OS or Riivolution, which allows the hacks to run but installs nothing.

If you're asking if you can run Brawl hacks on a Wii without installing anything, yes, that's very possible. My and my friends run Project M off our school's unmodded Wii all the time using SmashStack.

If you want to actually install the Homebrew Channel, its as simple as changing the boot.elf to be that of the Homebrew Channel installer.

Did that answer your questions? I don't know if I understood them fully.

BNuge
    Advanced Kitten

Silent Master of Winds

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 12:46:49 PM »

Well, how SmashStack runs is by pretty much running whatever Boot.elf is in the root of the SD card.

What SmashStack does for Brawl Hacking is by causing the Boot.elf to be Gecko OS or Riivolution, which allows the hacks to run but installs nothing.

If you're asking if you can run Brawl hacks on a Wii without installing anything, yes, that's very possible. My and my friends run Project M off our school's unmodded Wii all the time using SmashStack.

If you want to actually install the Homebrew Channel, its as simple as changing the boot.elf to be that of the Homebrew Channel installer.

Did that answer your questions? I don't know if I understood them fully.

Not really.  He wants Homebrew and hacked Brawl.  I want to know if it's possible to have the SmashStack files and hacked Brawl files together on the same SD card and have everything work.  Meaning the hacked Brawl files will be on the SD card while Homebrew is installed using SmashStack and hacked Brawl will run while the SmashStack files are still on the SD card.  It would be so much easier if I only had to give him one of my SD cards since anything less than 4GB is kind of a pain to find nowadays. 

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• Awards KCMM Veteran Super Saiyan Topic Hey! Listen! Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 01:08:08 PM »

Yes, you can have Brawl Hack files in the same SD Card as SmashStack installs the Homebrew Channel. But be sure to get Gecko OS or Riivolution in the apps folder with a GCT file in the codes folder with the File Patch Code in it (though you don't need it if you're using Riivoution). I'd also advise removing SmashStack after installing the Homebrew Channel cause I've had cases where the Stage Selection Screen crashes the game.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: