[Advanced] How to Get a Brawl PSA to Work in PM

Started by KingJigglypuff, August 27, 2016, 07:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

August 27, 2016, 07:24:34 PM Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 01:10:44 PM by KingJigglypuff
Hey, everyone. I'm back with yet again another tutorial. This tutorial will be on something a lot of people have been wanting to know how to do for a while now, and that's how to get a Brawl PSA working in PM.

While for the most part, using a Brawl PSA in PM without proper editing does work, there's a few things that need to be done for maximum functionality. This tutorial will show you what you need to do.

Take note that you can follow these steps in whichever order you like. I highly recommend you at least know a little bit of PSA coding before attempting this.

Step 1.) Dash Sub Action.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Step 2.) Jab Sub Actions.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Step 3.) Aerial Attack Sub Actions.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Step 4.) ItemKick Sub Action.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Step 5.) CliffCatch Sub Action.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Step 6.) Variable Changing.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Step 7.) High Damage SFX.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
After you've completed your coding string, make note of the Offset above the coding. Next, insert a Sub Routine command which points to the said Offset in the SFX tab of the following Sub Actions: DamageFlyHi (Sub Action 0xA4), DamageFlyN (Sub Action 0xA5), DamageFlyLw (Sub Action 0xA6), DamageFlyTop (Sub Action 0xA7), and DamageFlyRoll (0xA8). Make sure to change one of the existing commands in the Sub Action into the Sub Routine, and change the other command into a Nop or delete it.

This bit of coding when inserted into the mentioned Sub Actions will cause your character to emit a pain grunt when they're sent flying by a strong attack.

Step 8.) CapturePulled Sub Actions.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


These eight steps are essential to making your character properly functional in PM, but don't think you're done yet, as there's still a few things you need to do to make your character's moveset actually fit in a PM environment, such as editing Attributes and Hitboxes, though you'll need to figure out how to go at that yourself.

If you run into any issues and/or have any questions, don't hesitate to reply.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

I've got two PSAs that, for whatever reason will NOT WAVEDASH I've edited their attributes to be EXACTLY like PM Marth and Ike and yet it doesnt work, they just...stick to the ground losing all moment upon landing. 
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=205933
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=205932
these are the two I'm having issues with
Quote from: Miacis on December 10, 2013, 04:48:45 PM
Never underestimate the power of the ass.


October 19, 2016, 01:02:00 PM #2 Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 01:33:09 PM by KingJigglypuff
Wavedashing in PM is handled via GCT code, so I'm not sure if I can really help you there, though I would suggest fiddling with the Stopping Velocity Attribute, as I think it has to do with ground traction. Or maybe get your attributes to match Luigi's, given he has the most dramatic of wavedashes.

Edit: Yes, it's the Stopping Velocity/Ground Friction Attribute (labeled as Stopping Velocity in BB, while it's labeled as Ground Friction in PSA) that affects the distance of a Wavedash.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

how does one add wavedashing to a ness/lucas clone?

Like I mentioned before, Wavedashing was done via GCT coding, but its distance can be influenced by fiddling with the Stopping Velocity/Ground Friction Attribute.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on October 19, 2016, 01:02:00 PM
Wavedashing in PM is handled via GCT code, so I'm not sure if I can really help you there, though I would suggest fiddling with the Stopping Velocity Attribute, as I think it has to do with ground traction. Or maybe get your attributes to match Luigi's, given he has the most dramatic of wavedashes.

Edit: Yes, it's the Stopping Velocity/Ground Friction Attribute (labeled as Stopping Velocity in BB, while it's labeled as Ground Friction in PSA) that affects the distance of a Wavedash.
I've tried changing them, and while I can see the difference after they stop after a run (they slide for a bit), they still cant wavedash for some reason, they just...lose all momentum for some reason and stop
Quote from: Miacis on December 10, 2013, 04:48:45 PM
Never underestimate the power of the ass.


I really wouldn't know what could be wrong. I'll have to talk with my fellow Ex-PMDT to see if anything specific needs to be done.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

A two year old bump, I know, but I've discovered an additional thing one must do when porting a Brawl moveset to PM. It requires going to the CapturePulled Sub Actions, and nopping (or removing) the Sound Effect commands. I'll update the OP with the exact Sub Action IDs and names.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

I know this is gonna be a bit of a bump, but it's rather important.

If you're either porting a moveset over to PM or making a custom moveset for PM and need to change Variables, don't use LA-Basic[90] nor LA-Basic[91]. Because both variables are used for L-Canceling. Using either of them can either alter your L-Cancel window or render you unable to L-Cancel entirely.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]