Project Lightning - FFXIII (LOOKING FOR A NEW TEAM!)

Started by ethanrodgers223, June 29, 2010, 10:29:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

so this mod will be over ike... that means he will have  to become more agile right?

Yes. I want her to feel like Samus, speed-wise, weight-wise, and air wise.

Part of the way Zamus feels in the air and whatnot is due to moves, as well, so should Ike also be given fast, strong moves?

I could help once I'm done with another Project.

Well no, I meant actual SAMUS. if you think roughly around her moves, I think they fit Lightning very well, but in terms of weight, actually, the more I think about it, Zamus or Zelda would be a perfect fit. (I think they weigh the same)

I do not by any means want her over powered; I would love to get her as an official character in the Brawl+ roster, but that will take a lot of time.

Also, I LOVE your sig! I'm really glad you're supporting it so. (:

And Hollow, of course! You can help out in anyway you can!

I want to help but I lack the skillz can I be the move set thinker like b down: does back flip then shoots

Persona's:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I'm already the director, but if you'd like to contribute you can, by all means. (:

thanks  :D

Persona's:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Contribute as much as you want!

Contribute more than what you want!

Right now, I don't have that many moves planned out, so I'm doing all the small stuff like making Ike feel like Samus and making all of the animations flow together.

I did stuff like rolls and stuff, but no moves yet, because I really have no idea what to do for any moves without a reference video to make animations...

Right now, all I got is to make the up air Marth's up air (Lightning's combo finisher in the video that you get when you search 'Lightning Commando" on Youtube).

I'm watching a few gameplay videos to tailor the animations and come up with some moves that would fit, like maybe the upward slash that she uses to launch enemies upwards in the demo videos on Youtube, and Army of One looks like a nice Final Smash or something. I'm also looking into good GFX to use for Lightning's gun shots and magic and whatnot.

So please, suggest away!

how about the final smash if ur too lasy to edit it just take the GFX off then it will be like lightnings upper move

Persona's:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

July 16, 2010, 02:47:18 AM #40 Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 02:48:47 AM by Sumire Omelette
I'm trying to purge my laziness demons for this project, although that's a great idea!

Lightning's Army of One could be a lot of work, although putting more work into it will cause more of a "OH SH-" effect, and that's what I'm going for. After all, that's what I said when I saw it for the first time in game. That's a good idea, though... I might start with that as a base and refine it a bit.

Thanks!

oh yeah this maybe kinda cheap but how about B down is lightnings recover move

Persona's:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Well, the moves are all pointed out on the OP, except aerials. You don't really need to make custom animations right away, we can get to that later, but for now, I think it'd be easier for you if you just made the moves from other characters, and then shape them differently as time goes on, you know?

Launch needs to be Her Up B move, it just makes sense.

I also think that maybe we need to incorporate "Ruin" somewhere.

And Down B will be Thundara. I'm sorry, but that HAS to stay. :P

But, for since you're so persistent on videos, I will look some up today and get back with you on that.

why don't you do this on marth I mean like just make the hair a little bit longer

Persona's:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

July 16, 2010, 10:45:56 AM #44 Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 11:41:25 AM by ethanrodgers223
Because we have a texture for Ike from the actual game. It's Lightning's actual model. So it will really be like you're playing Lightning. THAT's why.

VIDEO ONE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iLpSGwn4pA

Side B: 1:25 - 1:31

This move should be something like Marth's Side B, where he has a chain of attacks each time you enter a new command. It should be as technical, only 4 Side B Inputs. On the last hit, she should jump backwards and shoot. We could call this "Ravage".

Down B: 2:25 - 2:30

Spell casting animation. She just throws her arms around as seen in the video. However, when she casts Thundara, she only does it once, because it's per SPELL. So she waves her arm once, and a small lightning storm is conjured.

Up B: 3:15 - 3:20

That is Launch. She would spin and slash upwards, then follow them (Sort of like Ike's move) and attack. It should have the automove "Smite" with it, in which she smacks them back down. after that, she'll free fall, but she won't be able to use her Up B again.

VIDEO TWO:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLceZ8sRcms

Side A: 1:42 - 1:44

Lightning stabs at the enemy. Pretty simple. :P

Back Roll - 2:05 - 2:07

That's what she should do for her back roll.

F Smash: 2:25 - 2:26

The one where she hops, "Froststrike" (Although the legit move will be Sparkstike.

Hope that helps knock some out, I'll get more later.