Alucard (Symphony of the NIght) V12.0

Started by Cocopuff, July 02, 2010, 12:53:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

July 02, 2010, 12:53:38 AM Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 04:18:56 AM by Cocopuff
Alucard (From Symphony of the Night) Ok, so I have had this done for months and have forgotten about it.  Foolsgil reminded me with an offer to do a vid for it, which I had previously requested.

download link:http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=8891&Moderated=All
Download includes the motionpac and the pac, already named correctly. Here's the link to Wii's alucard texture:http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=5680&Moderated=All#Number=5680&Moderated=All
Video showing off all his moves here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6FpiAkilVU

Alucard joins the brawl! Awakening from his deep slumber after his escapades within Castle Dracula, Alucard returns to conquer. He brings along some of his favorite weapons, including the Crissagrim, Alucard Sword, Marsil, and Rune Sword.
[/center]

Moveset:

A Ground Moves

AA (Punch/Slash)
Simple Punch and slash move.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Side Tilt (Crissigrim Slash)
Alucard slashes the Crissigrim. A quick slash.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Down Tilt (Any down sword slash)
A simple sweeping sword move.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Side Smash (Marsil Slash)
Alucard slashes his Marsil. A quick hit.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Down Smash (Power of Sire)
A weakened power of sire hit. Powerful thunder move.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Up Smash (Crissigrim Slash)
Alucard slashes the Crissigrim upward. A quick slash.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


B Ground Moves

B (Rune Sword Slash)
Alucard throws the Rune Sword.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Tilt B (Alucard Sword Special)
Alucard uses his family airloom to teleport and slash backwards.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Down B (Hellfire)
Alucard casts the famous Hellfire.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Up B (Leap Boots)
Alucard uses the leap boots. (As leap boots you could use indefinatly in the game, you can also use them indefinatly here, however Alucard is very vulnerable to hits after using the leap boots.)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Air Moves

B in Air (Rune Sword Spike)
Alucard chucks the returning Rune Sword downward.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Down A (Kick)
Alucard kicks downward.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Forward A (Alucard Sword Slash)
Alucard Slashes his Alucard Sword.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Final Smash

Alucard uses a Pentagram to wipe all traces of enemies away. (Only works the direction Alucard is facing)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.




Notes/Known Bugs
-I created Alucard to stay mostly true to the gameplay style in Symphony of the Night, which also means his gameplay style is a bit more advanced for new people to the game. He can get the floor wiped with him quite easily, but he can also wipe the floor if someone knows what they are doing.
-The final smash adds the Marth final smash graphic following the characters hit. I don't know how to fix this.
-Some moves were completly unchanged. If you have any ideas what I can do with these moves, please post something about it.
-I animated a good percent of the moves, so the animations are very simple.

Credits
Wii - Texture included. Amazing for letting me use this.
BeWop - Most of the moveset ideas.
Myself - Obviously.



Changelog:
Released V1.0 - 7/1/10
Alucard
An ancient hero awakes from his long slumber.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Neet!!
8)

We finally are getting some intresting hacks again.

I was going back to MUGEN! :oshi:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=12143.0

ya want extra moves on ya psa check out my tutorial.

Best used with riivolution.

looks cool, I've been waiting for someone to make something like this
I'll be sure to try it out

Once again, nice work bro. Can't wait to see the reaction you get.


Insanity- Doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result.

Proud elder brother of Cocopuff, the creator of The Enslaved.

I must say, my last hack took me 3 months to do and though i'm proud of it, it wasn't as good as this one, which took 3 weeks, including animating. Funny how these things happen...
Alucard
An ancient hero awakes from his long slumber.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

no this MUCH better.

U're last one bored me when I used it.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=12143.0

ya want extra moves on ya psa check out my tutorial.

Best used with riivolution.

You can get rid of Marth's FS effects you are talking about in the animations
"FinalEnd" and FinalAirEnd" in the GFX tab. It's ID is I think something like F0006.
Just turn the event into a nop.

Looks cool so far.

The ranged moves are too quick, making him almost unapproachable when played by an experienced player, I would slow those down a bit or mod them in some way. Not so much recovery time after using the moves would be great.

His final smash shouldn't be able to be used in the air. It is insanely quick and kills instantly, so I think the best way to balance that would be making it unusable in the air so the player actually has a chance to live.

Tilt B needs a bit of a recovery/cooldown time, as it is easily spammed and can be used a bit too effectively to be balanced with other characters. Sure someone like Cloud could fend him off alright, but you place him verses any real character and that real character will most likely get his butt kicked.

From what I get playing against him:
Alucard is best on flat courses because of his insane mid/far range ability. On a course like final destination, it is really easy to kill your opponent with B or Down B after knocking them off the edge at a lower damage.
On courses like Norfair, where it's mostly aerial, Alucard isn't as strong, though his B in air spike does quite a good job. It's on courses like these that I find Alucard to be the most balanced with other characters, as he is more approachable.


Anyway, good start. I can't wait for v1.1


Insanity- Doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result.

Proud elder brother of Cocopuff, the creator of The Enslaved.

Ok, so here's what im going to do to make him more balenced:

Nuetral B:
in air, it is fine in my opinion because it has insanely slow recovery, even when  you're above ground
as for on ground, im going to give it an animation that it does beforehand, because if you miss, it already has a low amount of cool down. This will make it less spamable and it will make it harder to KO when the enemy is in air.

Side B
I'm going to do the same thing as I did for the nuetral B on ground

down B
Same as side B

expect to see V1.1 in about 2 weeks.
Thanks, and comments are more than welcome.
Alucard
An ancient hero awakes from his long slumber.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Wow this is pretty interesting :)
I love Alucard!. Good job :)
Wishi he could transform into a bat :P lol

this is really really overpowered
worst part is his whole moveset isnt even useful, some are too slow to be needed when you can hit just as hard twice as fast
ftilt spam is too good
sideB spam is WAY too good
dTilt is too slow to be practical
infinite upB allows for infinite stalling which is pretty cheap >_>
but it shows a lot of promise if properly balanced, also, doesn't flow as nice as it could

July 06, 2010, 06:34:32 AM #11 Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 06:40:51 AM by Cocopuff
Yea, it is overpowered, I agree and am trying avidly to fix it.
The Ftilt is going to have less damage
the dtilt will be 1.5X faster
the side B is now non-spamable
The up B, I really agree and I guess i'll just make it non-spamable.
thanks for the advice.
as far as flowing goes, If you mean the moves don't work together and are equal, than that's what i'm trying to fix.

as for transforming into a bat, I suck at doing model whole model swaps, so I cant imagine how hard it would be to do a completely functional swap on the basis of a single move. sorry, that is just not my area of expertise.
Alucard
An ancient hero awakes from his long slumber.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from:  cocopuff"Alucard uses a Pentagram to wipe all traces of enemies away. (Only works the direction Alucard is facing)"

actually that's a hexagram...  :>.>palm:
gram means star in this case
most star symbols run off
of the same syllables as most shapes penta, hexa, hepta, octa, ect...
                                                               5         6        7         8
and the prefix counts the number of points
and also hexagram = star of David in layman's terms
sorry to go all grammar Nazi on you....
observe the difference

Quote from:  me having to use this back ground to see pictures
Hexa-gram
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Penta-gram
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Anyways great job with all the graphic eye candy not enough people do that!   ;D




Weegee may read all your pictures but I don't.

Love~ Yoshine
__###_______###
_#___#_____#___#_
__________________
__###_______###__
_#___#_____#___##_
#___###___#___###
#__####___#__####
#___###___#___###
_#___#_____#####
__###_____#_____##
___________________##
__##____##__________##
___########________##
____########_____###
______############
_______________#
__________####

July 06, 2010, 06:50:43 PM #13 Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 06:53:58 PM by Cocopuff
Well. in the game it was an item called a pentagram, even if it was a hexagram.
See look:

That is what the item looked like in game. Note that that is a Bat pentagram, but they both look the same. Sorry, I'm a hardcore SOTN fan(otherwise I wouldn't have made this moveset) and I was trying to duplicate the aspects of the game as well as I could. Anyways, thanks for the tip.
Alucard
An ancient hero awakes from his long slumber.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

July 06, 2010, 09:08:58 PM #14 Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 09:10:03 PM by SiLeNtDo0m
Another graphical marvel and awesome moveset Coco.  Can't wait til it's properly finished ;)

Really liking that hexagram/pentagram thing.  How did you get it?  Is it a specific graphic, an external graphic for Marth or a graphic you did yourself?  If you did it yourself please teach me wise Coco!

EDIT: Ignore this just up ^ I just figured out that you used Marth's entrance graphic and cleverly rotated it around am I correct?