Metal Gear Solid Needs More Hack Representation!

Started by irishladdie727, July 05, 2010, 03:50:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

August 28, 2010, 11:43:20 PM #105 Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 11:53:56 PM by xxTerminatorxx
Eh, Bent, seriously you like the way Snake already looks?

Anyways, considering you mentioned about my textures, I'll post an accurate BrawlBox preview of what is going on now:

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/3629/foxhl.png

Yep, used textures from actual game. I edited the suit and tie texture, with the same face as the one above but I haven't released it yet.

In fact Bent, I have selected you to try out my new Metal Gear Solid comes to Brawl pack, which I will explain in the PM..
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Quote from: xxTerminatorxx on August 28, 2010, 11:43:20 PM
Eh, Bent, seriously you like the way Snake already looks?

I said I'm "fine with" Snake's current look... Once you main a character for a few years, you just get comfortable with the way they look, you know? Besides that, I've been known to have facial hair like that sometimes, lol. They even call me "Snake" at GameStop.

Not that I don't like MGS: tTS Snake - I think it's a classic look - I just don't want to give up Snake's current face entirely. Snake has six .pcs slots... I'd probably use two or three with the face of Brawl Snake/Big Boss, one or two for classic Snake's face, and two or three completely different characters, like Wesker (a favorite of mine).

So yeah, I like facial hair on Snake. It gives his face some variety. But classic Snake is good too. That's my opinion. :)

Quote from: xxTerminatorxx on August 28, 2010, 11:43:20 PMAnyways, considering you mentioned about my textures, I'll post an accurate BrawlBox preview of what is going on now:

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/3629/foxhl.png

Yep, used textures from actual game. I edited the suit and tie texture, with the same face as the one above but I haven't released it yet.

Nice texture! I'd like to try that one out as soon as you're done with it. :)

Quote from: xxTerminatorxx on August 28, 2010, 11:43:20 PMIn fact Bent, I have selected you to try out my new Metal Gear Solid comes to Brawl pack, which I will explain in the PM..

Hey, I'll do what I can. I'll be looking out for the PM!

I'd just like to say that I was quoted inaccurately (I did not mention fusing and I didn't thank Terminator.) However, I do believe improvements for Snake's texture/model could be found.
At some point, you just have to bend down and tie your shoelaces.

Quote from: Friedslick6 on August 29, 2010, 10:25:28 AM
I'd just like to say that I was quoted inaccurately (I did not mention fusing and I didn't thank Terminator.) However, I do believe improvements for Snake's texture/model could be found.

It's hard to quote xat, but that's the most accurate way I could think of.

I mean, I am not going to lie here, I used to not really care about Snake's default look. But when I got into hacks, and started getting into Solid Snake rather than Big Boss I discovered Snake dosn't look like Big Boss at all, maybe face fetures but he has no beard or dirty hairstyle like Liquid or Big Boss.

So, then I came up with a theory why people did not like Snake and started "hating" him. Check out that Woody texture just released on the vault and how many downloads it is getting.
I can bet you that MOST of those people don't really know who Solid Snake or Big Boss is and how badass they are.

I thought this is because Nintendo "Shielded Away" from putting Metal Gear Solid in the game while they had Snake in it.     
So, I came up with the only conclusion is to whipe out EVERYTHING Nintendo did to Snake and bring back Metal Gear Solid and introduce the awesome game Hideo Kojima produced. 
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

That's all fine. I just wouldn't like to have my own words misconstrued.
At some point, you just have to bend down and tie your shoelaces.

August 29, 2010, 09:44:52 PM #110 Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 12:30:39 AM by xxTerminatorxx
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=11618&Moderated=All

Ok, the pack is completely released! Comes with what you have been waiting for!

After I thought of it, I think somone should port the Genome Soldier model that Friedslick6 could rip straight from MGS:TTS over Scope Primid.

I would actually be pretty amused if somone did that.
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

August 30, 2010, 02:10:54 AM #111 Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 02:12:36 AM by Bent 00
Hey guys, it looks like the thread I posted over at Smashboards Customized Content is finding favor slowly but surely. I've got good news and bad news:

Good news:

Eternal Yoshi says the Salute and Cloaking Device taunts are possible! He's currently looking into the extra stuff for the Box taunt.

Bad news:

"The ! and Cigar/Cigarette aren't possible without article hax. [...] Article hacks have not been looked into yet. As of now, it may be difficult to insert the articles correctly without sacrificing other articles. Tabuu does open up possibilities at how they work in FitSnake.pac and soon we may be able to make new ones using it, but as of now, the Cigar will have to wait." - Eternal Yoshi

While this means the cigarette and "!" taunts have hit a dead end, we've still got the Salute, the Cloaking Device, and the Box (probably with the new features). :)

I uploaded a new texture of the Love Box from Peace Walker.



http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=11636&Moderated=All

I took the textures from a few pictures I found on Google.

I'll get working on the face paint soon. I've been busy. My friend has also been working on something nice...

Oh, it's YOU. How have you been? I've been really busy being dead, you know after you MURDERED ME. *Sigh* Okay, look: We both said a lot of things that you're going to regret. But I think that we can put our differences behind us, for science... You monster.

~GLaDOS

I noticed the MGS pack that xxTerminatorxx released, but the only problem with it is that three of the textures replace the team battle colors.  The team battle textures in that pack aren't even team battle friendly.

Just pointing this out if you're a team battle friendly type of person.

That's easy to fix though -- get Tuxedo Snake as Blue, Big Boss as Green, and Peace Walker Big Boss as Red.

Quote from: DrPanda on May 16, 2014, 02:14:09 AM
Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.

August 30, 2010, 02:07:09 PM #116 Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 02:11:26 PM by Friedslick6
Lock! It's awesome! Nostalgic :D .
btw, what did you rip his textures with? I tried so hard, but failed...
At some point, you just have to bend down and tie your shoelaces.

I'm going to risk saying it was PSicture.

Quote from: DrPanda on May 16, 2014, 02:14:09 AM
Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.

We need to get a good Liquid texture.  Or Ocelot  :happy:

August 30, 2010, 08:36:06 PM #119 Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 10:33:17 PM by xxTerminatorxx


God (Irishladdie) has finished it, time for an update on the pack!

What has exactly changed?

(1) Now a vertexed [coat] sneaking suit AND vertexed off those ugly ammo packs.

(2) Slight change to texture to match the vertex

If your lazy and needs a link to the update go here:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=11618

All of this =  :af2:

Iv'e been drinking nothing but Red Bull and Monster trying to fix my Brawl's DSI Occured problem.
I'm planning to just whipe out everything, and replace it with JUST my Metal Gear Solid comes to Brawl pack.

Then it should work good :D
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]