Metal Gear Solid Needs More Hack Representation!

Started by irishladdie727, July 05, 2010, 03:50:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

July 05, 2010, 03:50:14 AM Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 04:39:46 PM by irishladdie727
 :af2: LET'S FIX THIS! :af2:



Despite the fact that
1. Metal Gear Solid is an incredible franchise rife with possibilities for new characters, items, and stages
2. Solid Snake was in the damn game to begin with

Metal Gear Solid and its affiliated titles tend to get completely shafted by most hackers, and Snake gets vertex and texture hacked into characters from OTHER games even though a good chunk of his supporting cast are HIS CLONES.

Now, my current theory as to why this is happening is that simply put, the Nintendo/Smash Bros. fanbase really doesn't have much overlap with the Metal gear fanbase, and most hackers ignore the series simply because they aren't familiar with it.

Just watch this: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/297383

SO that's basically what these games are like.  Do you understand now?  DO YOU UNDERSTAND?

Now to the actual gameplan.  I've got lots of ideas, and I'd love to get right to them, but I really have NO clue how to model or texture or anything... So while I'm learning how to do that, any other Metal Gear fans, or simply chivalrous hackers, your help is wanted and very much appreciated.  I'm going to start a list of projects that as far as I know should be accomplishable, feel free to suggest more, and I'll add more as I think of them as well.  If you feel like you can tackle one of these, go for it.  I'll put your name down next to the project and once, it's completed, PM me with links and pics and all that fancy shmansy stuff and I'll post it here.

July 05, 2010, 03:55:21 AM #1 Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 04:40:22 PM by irishladdie727
THE LIST OF STUFF TO MAKES

TEXTURE HACKS
Textures for each and every one of Snake's Camo Prints from MGS3, MGS4, and Peace Walker.  I'll post a comprehensive list once I can track down pictures.

VERTEX HACKS

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


And yeah, I gave the MGS3 characters first pick... Because that one's my favorite... r)

These should've been put in a request thread really...

Anywho, I am already working on The Boss over Zerosuit.  ;)

Quote from: DrPanda on July 05, 2010, 12:45:19 PM
These should've been put in a request thread really...

Anywho, I am already working on The Boss over Zerosuit.  ;)

While that probably would have been the smart thing to do...  I feel like having one thread specifically for Metal Gear Solid themed creations could be a good thing.

I'm working on MGS2 Marth over raiden too.
And I have Gray Fox over Meta Knight.

August 02, 2010, 03:53:11 PM #5 Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 05:09:01 PM by xxTerminatorxx
Amen! I'm working on replaceing all his textures like this:

Solid Snake new texture list.

(1) Metal Gear Solid the Twin Snakes look as main texture

(2) Suit & Bowtie Twin Snakes texture.

(3) Iroquis Plisken as 3nd texture.

(4) MGS2 texture for 4th.

(5) Big Boss CQC

(6) MGS4 Old Snake            

I hate it how people make all these gay textures for Snake (Check out the Tingle one for example), check out the Snake section on BrawlVault...
But yeah, people need to make more Snake textures from MGS. I strongly agree with this entire thread.

Edit: I have recently finished the entire texture pack, now I have to finish his CSPs. Once finished I need to work on a few other things with the project.

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

o wow frist time i ever seen people make stuff form metal gear  :af:
i returned :D

3567 6630 9929
^
ssbb
10ganondorf
9jigglypuff
8pikachu
7yoshi
6meta knight
5peach
4lucas
3ness
2sonic
uno mr.game&watch



Mom:RoxasDe garn:Nuke
bros onaga

Quote from: xxTerminatorxx on August 02, 2010, 03:53:11 PM
Amen! I'm working on replaceing all his textures like this:

Solid Snake new texture list.

(1) Metal Gear Solid the Twin Snakes look as main texture

(2) Suit & Bowtie Twin Snakes texture.

(3) Iroquis Plisken as 3nd texture.

(4) MGS2 texture for 4th.

(5) Big Boss CQC

(6) MGS4 Old Snake            

I hate it how people make all these gay textures for Snake (Check out the Tingle one for example), check out the Snake section on BrawlVault...
But yeah, people need to make more Snake textures from MGS. I strongly agree with this entire thread.

Edit: I have recently finished the entire texture pack, now I have to finish his CSPs. Once finished I need to work on a few other things with the project.



I'll have you know that I find that Tingle texture absolutely hilarious...  I'm one of the few people who thinks fruity weirdos like Tingle are what make video games awesome.

But yeah, I figured out vertexing 2 days ago, so MGS2 Raiden (Marth) and The Boss (ZSS) should be on their way soon.  PM me if you want to turn this into a legitimate "project", I've got lots of very doable MGS related ideas and my hacking skills are increasing daily.  

For instance: I see no reason why every single one of his MGS3 camos shouldn't be available for download, and as soon as I get mariokart64n's 3dsmax script working, the first thing I'm going to do is vertex A [censored] EYEPATCH FOR ALL OF THE BIG BOSS TEXTURES because it literally could not be any easier and I can now say that with firsthand experience.  

As I said above, A Colonel Volgin Vertex for Ganondorf, possibly with animations that change  his purple darknes to lightning.  Also shouldn't be extremely difficult.

Some Stage Ideas:
Some area from the Big Shell, probably either the place where you fight Vamp or the interior of Strut D

Dolinovodno- That wooden Bridge from the beginning of MGS3, and the Cobras would come out in order and attack you with easily dodged stuff

Rokovoj Berej- The field of white flowers where you fight the boss, a nice neutral walk off stage where the trick is fighting off your manly tears

So yeah, all things to think about.  Good to see another Metal Gear nerd has joined the forums!

>_> hay now i might likes metal but nots a nerd :>.>:
i returned :D

3567 6630 9929
^
ssbb
10ganondorf
9jigglypuff
8pikachu
7yoshi
6meta knight
5peach
4lucas
3ness
2sonic
uno mr.game&watch



Mom:RoxasDe garn:Nuke
bros onaga

Quote from: fox2.0 on August 03, 2010, 02:39:37 AM
>_> hay now i might likes metal but nots a nerd :>.>:

Well Master Miller IS his Avatar...   r)  I mean "nerd" as a term of an endearment, we're on a Brawl modding forum, I think it's perfectly fair to assume we all might be just a little bit geeky here...  ;)

eh all right i guess  ;)
i returned :D

3567 6630 9929
^
ssbb
10ganondorf
9jigglypuff
8pikachu
7yoshi
6meta knight
5peach
4lucas
3ness
2sonic
uno mr.game&watch



Mom:RoxasDe garn:Nuke
bros onaga

Oh yes. I definitely want MGS hacks on my Brawl.
...

that be cool if we could play as rex or ray :af:
i returned :D

3567 6630 9929
^
ssbb
10ganondorf
9jigglypuff
8pikachu
7yoshi
6meta knight
5peach
4lucas
3ness
2sonic
uno mr.game&watch



Mom:RoxasDe garn:Nuke
bros onaga

Quote from: fox3.0 on August 07, 2010, 04:56:15 AM
that be cool if we could play as rex or ray :af:

I was thinking the same thing...  Ray could be a fairly decent vertex of Charizard, hell maybe Rex could be Charizard too.

make the place form mgs4 were snake and iquid fight at shadow moses that would be epic  :af:
i returned :D

3567 6630 9929
^
ssbb
10ganondorf
9jigglypuff
8pikachu
7yoshi
6meta knight
5peach
4lucas
3ness
2sonic
uno mr.game&watch



Mom:RoxasDe garn:Nuke
bros onaga