Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 69
Author Topic: Metal Gear Solid Needs More Hack Representation!  (Read 421329 times)
JOEYSX5
Supreme Kitten

• Awards Texture Artist Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #330 on: October 12, 2010, 08:45:59 PM »

Textures still work, or course. I mean, it's probably gonna be in a JPEG file or somthing. But models will be alot more helpful if I'm wrong.

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Friedslick6
    Extreme Kitten

I'll always be, just like you.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #331 on: October 12, 2010, 08:51:11 PM »

I'm not sure what format the ripped textures will be in, but I'm almost positive they won't be in a .jpeg format. It will more likely be in a .png, .tga or .dds format.
    I'm trying to find as many alternatives for ripping models as I can; perhaps I'll strike gold.
    « Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 08:53:28 PM by Friedslick6 » Logged

At some point, you just have to bend down and tie your shoelaces.

JOEYSX5
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #332 on: October 12, 2010, 08:57:24 PM »

I'm not sure what format the ripped textures will be in, but I'm almost positive they won't be in a .jpeg format. It will more likely be in a .png, .tga or .dds format.
    I'm trying to find as many alternatives for ripping models as I can; perhaps I'll strike gold.

Haha, tell me when you do. I can't wait. Time to work once you get those textures

Friedslick6
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #333 on: October 12, 2010, 11:17:49 PM »

Well I don't have a full-proof method as of yet, but I'm making a guide that details methods that *could* work. There are still some things in the guide that I need to prove and/or work out, but it's currently in a followable state.
    I'm partially making this for myself and others, and partially because there is little documentation of the topic. When completed, if completed, the guide will help me and possibly others with extracting textures and models from not only MGS3, but other PS2 games that can be emulated on PCSX2 as well.

On the subject of MGS3 textures, are there any suggestions on textures that might be worth ripping aside from Snake's camoflauges/facepaints/effects? I may as well ask, because I'll be trying to extract some textures from that game over the weekend after next, and I'd like to know exactly what I should be looking for so I can get it done fast.

I'm asking for suggestions, not requests. And please don't suggest something like "the very last texture from the very last area" or "that one texture that pops up for a nanosecond after you've waited 2 minutes" because I won't bother with anything such as that.

JOEYSX5
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #334 on: October 12, 2010, 11:30:20 PM »

Volgin or Ocelot, or Eva. Let's have a vote. What texture should be ripped from MGS3 first?

-Big Boss's Camo
    -Volgin
    -Ocelot
    -EVA
    -The Boss

It's hard for me to say, I'm not really into MGS3 or Big Boss. But I'll go with Irishladdie's vote WHEN OR IF he decides to vote.
    « Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 11:31:11 PM by xxTerminatorxx » Logged

Eternal Yoshi
    Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #335 on: October 13, 2010, 03:51:38 AM »

Groznyj grad.
    North

10 outofnowheres.

I understand that this one is a huge job, but I have a state of the game right in the area where I want to rip.
    I also still have my dump of subsistence.
    « Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 03:53:06 AM by EternalYoshi » Logged

Friedslick6
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #336 on: October 13, 2010, 04:24:38 AM »

Wait, so you're ripping that area? If so, then that's super EternalYoshi.
    And you get an Extra Power Super Maximum Good Luck×7 Combo! from me.
    « Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 07:53:59 AM by Friedslick6 » Logged

irishladdie727
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #337 on: October 13, 2010, 07:32:08 AM »

If you could rip The Boss with her suit unzipped and Snake's Green Beret Uniform (which only appears during cutscenes so I can understand why this might be difficult), then I can finish two hacks I've been stuck on for a while.

Also, definitely get textures for all of Snake's camos and all of the Cobras, plus Volgin, Ocelot, and EVA.  If you feel like going the extra mile, try and get the enemy textures for the Spetsnaz, KGB, Ocelot Unit, and GRU guys, and maybe even textures for Sigint, Major Zero, and Para-Medic from the end cutscene.

As far as area textures, I'd also be interested in Groznyj Grad, Rokovoj Berej (Where you fight the boss), Dolinovodno (Where that rickety bridge is in the beginning, this would make an AWESOME stage), and the Summit of the Mountain.  Honestly get as many area textures as you can, particularly from places where you fight bosses.  This game has gorgeous scenery.

I know that's a hefty wishlist, do only what you can.  If I have to pick just one, then I pick the Boss.

Friedslick6
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #338 on: October 13, 2010, 08:04:14 AM »

I was already planning on ripping absolutely everything that is related to Snake (even down to The Sorrow's arrows that get stuck into you.)
    This plan is most likely futile, but meh. Thanks for reminding me about the green beret uniform, I would have missed it.
    I could try ripping character textures through the cutscene viewer, it's most likely fully unlocked in the save file that I downloaded. It worked like a charm for MGS:TTS whenever I couldn't find a particular texture.
    Scenery rips? I'm guessing there will be... Too many textures. Especially outdoors.
    But I'll give it a crack when I'm able to. Indeed, the rickety bridge would make an stage of epic proportions.

JOEYSX5
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #339 on: October 13, 2010, 01:53:53 PM »

Aha! Nice ideas. I don't know much about MGS3, I'm more into Solid Snake. Though I do have an extensive knowledge of both Big Boss and Solid Snake. If anyone wants too, they could use the boneless models as trophies.

irishladdie727
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #340 on: October 13, 2010, 06:30:10 PM »

Aha! Nice ideas. I don't know much about MGS3, I'm more into Solid Snake. Though I do have an extensive knowledge of both Big Boss and Solid Snake. If anyone wants too, they could use the boneless models as trophies.

If you haven't played MGS3, you really need to.  I haven't played MGS4, but I've played through the other 3 multiple times, and MGS3 is easily my favorite story and gameplay wise.  There are just so many little details to the gameplay, and the story manages to be sort of profound without being overwrought and crazy like MGS2's.  It's probably my favorite game of all time, I really wish I hadn't broken my PS2.  You can get Subsistence for like ten bucks at most Gamestops.  No excuse, you're one of the biggest contributors to this thread.

Eternal Yoshi
    Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #341 on: October 14, 2010, 06:57:33 AM »

What he said, though Subsistence may be rare depending on which part of the country you live in.
    It's rare in New York.

Anyway, I have multiple saves in many places, including the Volgin fight, the ending, Groznyj Grad, Snake and EVA escaping from the woods, and the Ocelot Duel.

I also have a state in the pause menu right outside of the Groznyj Grad building with the stealth camo and Infinity Bandana.

Texmod doesn't seem to respond, even if I put Numlock on.

If I can get Texmod to actually respond, I'd be good money.

Friedslick6
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #342 on: October 14, 2010, 07:15:18 AM »

Out of interest, were you planning on ripping Snake's textures?
    You would be free to rip whichever textures you desire, so I'm wondering if you would prefer if I let you carry out the plan I noted in my previous post, or to continue as normal.

Also, have you tried using Texmod with a graphics plugin set to run in software mode? That might be the trick. Or does the game not run in that mode? I've yet to test anything myself unfortunately.
    « Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 07:20:07 AM by Friedslick6 » Logged

Eternal Yoshi
    Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #343 on: October 14, 2010, 07:52:47 AM »

The game runs fine(slowly).
    The red text appears also.
    However, the textmod functions don't respond to anything I do.

IIRC, the D3D plugin is already in Software mode.
    I'll try again when I get the chance.

JOEYSX5
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #344 on: October 14, 2010, 04:23:50 PM »

If you haven't played MGS3, you really need to.  I haven't played MGS4, but I've played through the other 3 multiple times, and MGS3 is easily my favorite story and gameplay wise.  There are just so many little details to the gameplay, and the story manages to be sort of profound without being overwrought and crazy like MGS2's.  It's probably my favorite game of all time, I really wish I hadn't broken my PS2.  You can get Subsistence for like ten bucks at most Gamestops.  No excuse, you're one of the biggest contributors to this thread.
    Thank you for the compliment... It makes me feel good to know I am making a difference.  

Sadly, I only own one system that supports a Metal Gear game. It's a Gamecube. It's the Twin Snakes. But that's not gonna be the last Metal Gear game I get, I'm getting a PS3 and MGS4 for Christmas. My Dad tells me the chance of that is 100%. I can't wait.

I watched some MGS3 clips on Youtube, and they are, very good. In your opinion, I see that MGS3 Substance for PS2 is what you would prefer over MGS4. If I was going to get a PS2, I would get Substance and Sons of Liberty. But maybe next year if not this year, since my parents won't get me a PS3 AND a PS2. Wink

So it all comes down to this: A PS3 or a PS2?        
    « Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 04:26:22 PM by xxTerminatorxx » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 69
    Print
    Jump to: