Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: The Famed Swordsman of the East: Faruko! (Open moveset discussion has begun!)  (Read 18892 times)
Velen
Resident Lucario
Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #30 on: July 14, 2010, 07:47:22 AM »

Yep. Okay, when can I start? I'm anxious to work on PSA!!!
    Okay, something else. Can you make it so that the sword does more damage toward the tip (not at the tip but about maybe the last third of the blade) and less near the hilt in PSA too? I watched a video on Samurai Sword techniques (albeit maybe not very good, but any source of information is good) that said the latter part of the blade does most of the cutting., even though the former is sharp as well. It won't have any other special properties, but it is unique to him in the fact that it does not increase overall knockback, just the damage.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Hollow
    Kitty Corp's Personal Hollow
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container KCMM Veteran Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #31 on: July 14, 2010, 07:55:07 AM »

I seriously need an entire moveset. That's the only way I can work.

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #32 on: July 14, 2010, 09:30:02 AM »

I seriously need an entire moveset. That's the only way I can work.

Okay. The specials I am still iffy on right now, but perhaps I can give you all the normal attacks (its going to be by the seat of my pants on some of it, so give me some ideas to change them if something doesn't sound good.)

A: "Chitoumitosora" (Lit: Earth and Sea and Sky) Falco unsheathes his sword and slashed out to the right with one hand. Doing .5% Damage and dismal knockback. Sword is sheathed after he puts it away. This attacks name is "Chikiri" or Earth Cut.

AA: Falco quickly brings the katana over his head and slashes down at a slight diagonal angle with both hands. This does .5% and dismally larger knock back than 'A'. He sheathes the sword after  the attack. This attacks name is "Umikiri" or Sea Cut.

AAA: Falco takes his Katana and performs a two-handed slash to the left diagonally up before sheathing his sword. This does 2% Damage and small KB. This attacks name is "Sorakiri" or Sky Cut.

A >:

A V:

A ^:

Nair: "Hyousankyaku" (Lit:Fly Hoist Three Leg or roughly: Flying Triple Kick) This is Falco's only attack that does not utilize his katana. Falco take his legs and does three forward kicks one after the other (remember those mid-air stasis kicks you see in movies?) This produces a total of 3% damage for all three kicks, and the last kick having medium KB and smaller KB for the previous two. Think Snake's Dair, but with his legs facing forward.

Fair: "Fushatokukou" (Lit: Air Car Special Attack or roughly: Pinwheel Special Attack): Falco brings the katana above his head, and uses it to perform a front flip to slash. A little slow to start, but can still be used in a SH. Does 4% Damage with small - medium knockback.

Bair: "Baigeigeki" (Lit: Double Welcome Attack or roughly:" Double Interception): Falco unsheathes his sword and come around slashing twice before turn around and sheathing his sword. This a little slow like the Fair, but still usable in a short hop. Does a 2% damage with medium KB.

Dair: I have no clue for this. I need suggestions like I do for the three ground tilts.

Okay, I have one B Special for you. Its an idea for the Side B.

B >: "Hakuseifuu" (Lit: Spirit West Wind): Falco pauses his right hand on his katana hilt for a quarter of a second, before slashing out at blinding speed, creating a spiritually-charged slash wave that travels at extreme speeds. This move, if used consecutively, will become weaker, even in Brawl+, this will be implemented (to lower spamming ability). This is because Falco is draining his spiritual power into the move.

The strength is cut by 0.4 for every consecutive use. Further more. It takes ten seconds to recharge to full capacity after the first use. Another five seconds is added to the timer for each consecutive use of Hakuseifuu.

That is all I have for now. The ground-Tilts, Dair and other B Specials have me stumped right now, but I'll try to think of something.
    The first use does a whopping 15% Damage, and medium-large KB>

Hollow
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #33 on: July 14, 2010, 02:09:46 PM »

Okay. Now, some of the animations can be taken from other charaters, like the triple kick, I just could take it from fox and delete the last two kicks.

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #34 on: July 14, 2010, 02:28:03 PM »

Another thing to add to the list.

^ B: "Kakudokouzoku" (Lit: Angle Time Cruise Series, or roughly: "Angled Flight") Falco floats in the air for a second be shooting off a short distance in one of four directions diagonally. Not only that. Falco will have his sword out, using the butt of the hilt to deal 1% damage a hit. Falco can only jump at diagonal angles, and the move will not capable of Stage Scarring. The thing about this move is you have to be quick. If you don't press another direction that is different from the initial jump, Falco will go into special fall and more than like to his death.

Falco will only jump twice, and he can only jump at 90 angles diagonally.

What do you guys think of this?

Hollow
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #35 on: July 14, 2010, 02:30:22 PM »

I'd have to ask someone how to do that, because I have no idea.

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #36 on: July 14, 2010, 05:06:27 PM »

It's all got to do with "If Button Pressed" commands, variables and momentum setting.  Though I myself am not to sure of how to make him go only straight diagonal lines.  Maybe theshyguy will know *stares at theshyguy where ever he is*

Sajiao Omelette
    Holy Kitten

Paramedics finished her text, "...love you."

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Heart Container KCMM Old Timer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #37 on: July 14, 2010, 05:24:34 PM »

If you really have trouble with gravity interfering with your momentum codes, you could just make 4 animations, one for each direction.

The Up B subaction would have the animation of Falco floating there, waiting for directional input. In a few frames, it'll check to see which direction you are holding (maybe try pairs of directional inputs), and then Change Subaction to the subaction with the animation of moving in that direction. Additionally, it'll set a variable to make sure that the second time you don't move in the same direction.

At the end of the first flight, just do what you did at the end of the floating subaction, only this time, you'll need to use that variable to make sure that you don't move in the same direction again.

Does that maybe help a bit?

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #38 on: July 14, 2010, 05:42:19 PM »

If you really have trouble with gravity interfering with your momentum codes, you could just make 4 animations, one for each direction.

The Up B subaction would have the animation of Falco floating there, waiting for directional input. In a few frames, it'll check to see which direction you are holding (maybe try pairs of directional inputs), and then Change Subaction to the subaction with the animation of moving in that direction. Additionally, it'll set a variable to make sure that the second time you don't move in the same direction.

At the end of the first flight, just do what you did at the end of the floating subaction, only this time, you'll need to use that variable to make sure that you don't move in the same direction again.

Does that maybe help a bit?

If you don't mind me saying. Wouldn't be made a little easier by making two animations for diagonally up and down, then making them do those animations in the opposite direction?

That was really just made up on the fly, and I might change it for something better.

Sajiao Omelette
    Holy Kitten

Paramedics finished her text, "...love you."

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Heart Container KCMM Old Timer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #39 on: July 14, 2010, 05:55:02 PM »

Hmm.... that's true, you could just use Reverse Direction.

Hollow
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #40 on: July 15, 2010, 08:40:07 AM »

I'll ask shyguy about this.

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #41 on: July 15, 2010, 10:23:54 AM »

Like I said, I might change it. In the meantime, I decided not to okay the health drain move. We could use that for another PSA, but I was envisioning Samurai Falco to be a hero-type character. We could make an evil version of him after the fact and use that move as one of the specials.

I have a few more Up-B ideas, and I want peoples opinion on them, and tell me if they seem better than Kakudokouzoku.

Up-B: "Bukoutoburitsu" (Lit: Circle Decend Circle Stand Up or roughly: To swoop down and to fly up): Falco charges energy much like he does with Fire Falco, but instead (when in midair) he will charge toward the ground, swoop, then fly back up again. The rising part of the move has higher vertical and horizontal movement than the descent for recovery. If Falco makes body contact during the move, he deal multiple hits of 2% damage (max of four).

or

Up-B: "Koushauheki" (Lit: Spirit Energy Break or roughly: "Spirit Energy Burst"): Falco takes his hand, and fires a blue explosion beneath him to propel himself a medium distance in one of three directions. The explosion does a staggering 12% damage if it hits with medium KB, but like Hakuseifuu, it gets weaker if the move is used consecutively, and it's strength depletes at the same rate as Hakuseifuu. Falco can make an explosion twice in one use and propels him the distance of 1/4 of Final Destination. He can also use aerials after the move. When used on the ground, Falco can only make one explosion.

After one of these posts, I plan to post up a completed moveset once I see what you have to saya bout the above two suggestions.

Hollow
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #42 on: July 15, 2010, 07:54:18 PM »

We need to get everyone togetther that's working on this, so we can work out the animations alongside the PSA.

LavaLatte [.Fade]
    .Paradox'd
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Renowned Hacker Hot Topic Star Hacker Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #43 on: July 16, 2010, 05:04:14 AM »

We could make an evil version of him after the fact and use that move as one of the specials.

I'm VERY tempted to make a Wolf PSA now. =3

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #44 on: July 16, 2010, 02:50:24 PM »

The Moveset so far.

A: "Chitoumitosora" (Lit: Earth and Sea and Sky) Falco unsheathes his sword and slashed out to the right with one hand. Doing .5% Damage and dismal knockback. Sword is sheathed after he puts it away. This attacks name is "Chikiri" or Earth Cut.

AA: Falco quickly brings the katana over his head and slashes down at a slight diagonal angle with both hands. This does .5% and dismally larger knock back than 'A'. He sheathes the sword after  the attack. This attacks name is "Umikiri" or Sea Cut.

AAA: Falco takes his Katana and performs a two-handed slash to the diagonally up and to the left before sheathing his sword. This does 2% Damage and small KB. This attacks name is "Sorakiri" or Sky Cut.

A >: "Joukesagiri" (Lit: Twirl Monk's Robe Attack): Falco draws his katana while spinning, slashing behind himself up and to the right, then in front of himself diagonally down to the right, before returning the katana to it's sheathe. This has medium KB on the slash behind, and lighter KB for the slash to the front, dealing 6 and 3% damage respectively.

A V: Kyakukiri (Lit: Leg Cut): Falco slashes at the opponent's leg area. Provides 2% Damage and small KB.

A ^: "Hichougiri" (Lit: Hop Attack): Falco hops low off the ground and takes a half circle swing about him before landing and sheathing the blade. Deals 4% Damage with light to medium KB.

F-Smash:

D-Smash:

U-Smash:

Nair: "Hyousankyaku" (Lit:Fly Hoist Three Leg or roughly: Flying Triple Kick) This is Falco's only attack that does not utilize his katana in some way. Falco take his legs and does three forward kicks one after the other (remember those mid-air stasis kicks you see in movies?) This produces a total of 3% damage for all three kicks, and the last kick having medium KB and smaller KB for the previous two. Think Snake's Dair, but with his legs facing forward.

Fair: "Koufusai": (Lit: Roar Axe Cut or roughly "Booming Axe Slash"): This one takes a cue from Sonic the Hedgehog. Falco, ripping his katana from it's sheath, rapidly spins twice while curled up into a ball, before chopping down with a powerful swing from his katana and stopping mid-spin. The times the attack hits is when he begins to chop down, mid-swing, and the end of the swing. If the attack connects with the middle of the blade, at mid swing, it is a medium-heavy spike, Otherwise the attack just deals 4% damage with mediocre KB>

After one of these posts, I plan to post up a completed moveset once I see what you have to saya bout the above two suggestions.

Bair: "Baigeigeki" (Lit: Double Welcome Attack or roughly:" Double Interception): Falco unsheathes his sword and come around slashing twice before turn around and sheathing his sword. This a little slow like the Fair, but still usable in a short hop. Does a 2% damage with medium KB.

Uair: "Yokushou" (Lit: Wing Rise Up, or roughly "Rise Wing"): Though a tiny bit slow at the start, Falco draws his sword, then proceeds to slash up and to the left at a steep angle, twirling around before sheathing the katana again. Commits a 5% damage with small-medium KB. Hitboxes are in front of and above Falco.

Dair:

Specials

B:

B >: "Hakuseifuu" (Lit: Spirit West Wind): Falco pauses his right hand on his katana hilt for a quarter of a second, before slashing out at blinding speed, creating a spiritually-charged slash wave that travels at extreme speeds. This move, if used consecutively, will become weaker, even in Brawl+, this will be implemented (to lower spamming ability). This is because Falco is draining his spiritual power into the move.

The strength is cut by 0.4 for every consecutive use. Further more. It takes ten seconds to recharge to full capacity after the first use. Another five seconds is added to the timer for each consecutive use of Hakuseifuu. The first use does a whopping 10% Damage, and medium-large KB.

Up-B: "Koushauheki" (Lit: Spirit Energy Break or roughly: "Spirit Energy Burst"): Falco takes his hand, and fires a blue explosion beneath him to propel himself a medium distance in one of three directions. The explosion does a staggering 12% damage if it hits with medium KB, but like Hakuseifuu, it gets weaker if the move is used consecutively, and it's strength depletes at the same rate as Hakuseifuu. Falco can make an explosion twice in one use and propels him the distance of 1/4 of Final Destination. He can also use aerials after the move. When used on the ground, Falco can only make one explosion.

Down-B:

I still need ideas for the ones that need to be filled in. I need opinions people, cause this is still open to change.
    « Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 02:51:15 PM by Velen Zaiga » Logged

Pages:  1 2 [3] 4
    Print
    Jump to: