Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My Custom CSP Keeps Freezing  (Read 1137 times)
KingJigglypuff
Meme Machine
Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « on: July 19, 2010, 05:11:42 PM »

Hey I need help on something: I tried to make a custom CSP for my Yoshi moveset. I edited Common5, sc_selcharacter, and info and I also made sure to index the edited images before saving. After that, I placed the edited files in their correct folders and named them correctly, but when I start up Brawl and go to the character select, It shows the edit, but when I attempt to start a match after selecting the characters, the game freezes with the annoying buzzing sound. I used Photoshop CS4 to edit the images and I used BrawlBox v0.63d to edit the files.
    Here are the sizes of each edited pac file:
    Common5: 11,915 KB
    sc_selcharacter: 3,878 KB
    info: 392 KB

Here is a download if size isn't the problem: http://www.mediafire.com/?iir7iedn6hhhyaf

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

mnsg
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000 Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 11:29:04 AM »

Try reducing the quality of your portrait (reduce colors via BrawlBox or Photoshop), and see if that works.

Also, if you're using Riivolution, use common5.pac.  Use sc_selcharacter.pac if you're using Gecko OS.

Regarding info.pac, try modifying the Wi-Fi descriptions by replacing them with periods.  That'll help reduce that file's file size.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: