Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Viewtiful Joe PSA - Ideas Please!!  (Read 6118 times)
SiLeNtDo0m
Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « on: July 23, 2010, 04:05:52 PM »

Ok so if you saw my little thread about what PSA I'll be doing, you would have seen I will be doing Viewtiful Joe for my next PSA.  However I'll need ADVICE AND IDEAS on what exactly I should do.  I've got a lot of ideas so far, but I wanna get all your opinions too.  Remember that Viewtiful Joe will be over Captain Falcon:

I plan on using Ike Lawlilet's Viewtiful Joe model (don't worry, I got permission  Wink ) but I want to change the bone structure of him so I can make his body smaller, but his head slightly bigger.  Is there anyway I can do this?  Anyways, here's the moveset I have so far.

AAA: Punch, punch, turning kick.  See the Tatsunoko vs Capcom Light, Medium, Heavy 3 hit combo except the second hit will be a punch instead of a kick.

F Tilt: A quick backfist.  See the Tatsunoko vs Capcom Forward Medium (I think).  

U Tilt: An uppercut.  See Viewtiful Joe launcher and Tatsunoko vs Capcom launcher.

D Tilt: A low sweep.  See Tatsunoko vs Capcom low Medium (it may be the low Light)

Dash Attack: A sliding attack.  See the Viewtiful Joe special "Slidin" and his Tatsunoko vs Capcom Low Heavy.

F Smash: EDIT - A powerful fiery punch with pretty good range.  See Viewtiful Joe Red Hot Rumble "Red Hot Dragon Punch"

U Smash: A sort of headspin followed by an upward kick (like the 2nd hit of Wolf's U Smash).  Again I made this one up.

D Smash: A spinning trip kick.  Resembling Mario's D Smash?  Thanks to flammable for the suggestion.

N Air: An aerial spin.  See Tatsunoko vs Capcom Heavy air.

F Air: And forward double kick.  See the final hit of his Viewtiful Joe special "Air Joe"

U Air: A simple flip kick.  See one of the "Air Joe" hits (well this move is done by a lot of characters such as Mario, Falcon etc)

D Air: Joe spins down at high speeds.  See Viewtiful Joe cyclone kick (falling whilst in Zoom).

Neutral B - Red Hot Kick: Pretty much the Falcon kick but minus the flames and replace them with flowers (if possible) and make it bounce off the enemy when it hits (like the Down B of Fighter Kirby).  In the air it goes diagonally down

Side B - Voomerang: Viewtiful Joe throws his signature Voomerang boomerang.  It can do 2 hits since it can return to him.  It can also be charged for extra distance.

Up B - Fire Cyclone: Joe spins up in a fiery spiral.  See Viewtiful Joe Red Hot Rumble.

Down B (regular) - Shocking Pink: Joe quickly kicks out his bomb which quickly explodes.

Now the thing about the down B is that it will also be the move that will let off his VFX powers depending on how the battle is going.

Down B (if Viewtiful Joe has been taking a lot of damage) - Mach Speed: Joe makes himself go super fast and his able to chain attacks better so he can deal damage fast and get back into the fight.

Down B (if Viewtiful Joe has been dealing a lot of damage) - Slow: Viewtiful Joe slows down time to make it harder for his opponents to evade him.  His smashes and aerials also get a significant power boost so he can finish off his enemies more easily

Final Smash - Six Majin: Viewtiful Joe summons his trusty battle machine, the Six Majin, to ram into enemies at full speed (basically all it will be is the Blue Falcon final smash but with a different model XD )

That's it as far as my ideas go.

Basically, I want Viewtiful Joe to be a pretty speedy character with decent power but short range.  I wanna also try my best to make him a relatively balanced character too.

So yes, feel free to post feedback, ideas and suggestions!!

HENSHIN A GO GO BABY!!

« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 02:10:13 PM by SiLeNtDo0m » Logged

Maverick-Pro
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 05:48:39 PM »

Nice sounding moveset. The only suggestion I would make would be to change Red Hot Kick to Up-special so you can aim where the kick goes and make Neutral-Special to be the rapid attack-combo that you could do in TvC by rapidly tapping the attack button in the air.

Also if you make custom animations, you'd have to shrink Joe's body and make his head larger. Smiley

^ My Wii Gamer Card

flammable
    Black Cat
    Supreme Kitten

Deliverin' some bad luck

• Awards Featured Hot Topic Heart Container

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2010, 12:46:21 AM »

scale the bones in the animtions to get hm smaller and bigger head Tongue

anyways i think the moves need a pink trace or something and

D Smash: Joe does a sort of break dancing kick move that has a pink trace and does 10% dmg, low knockback

try using some moves from Viewtiful Joe: Red Hot Rumble

Married Mai Self nvm

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2010, 02:11:16 PM »

K I made a couple more edits to the op.  I took a look at Red Hot Rumble and I found it pretty hard to get some moves (but I was able to just about do it) since the game is so fast paced (I don't own the game so I just went off of Youtube vids).

flammable
    Black Cat
    Supreme Kitten

Deliverin' some bad luck

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2010, 02:16:25 PM »

K I made a couple more edits to the op.  I took a look at Red Hot Rumble and I found it pretty hard to get some moves (but I was able to just about do it) since the game is so fast paced (I don't own the game so I just went off of Youtube vids).
    if u has a psp its rly cheap, and gameplay is so much like brawl D:

Married Mai Self nvm

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2010, 02:32:21 PM »

K I made a couple more edits to the op.  I took a look at Red Hot Rumble and I found it pretty hard to get some moves (but I was able to just about do it) since the game is so fast paced (I don't own the game so I just went off of Youtube vids).

Nah I don't have a PSP Undecided
    But I heard that the game is also on Gamecube so I guess I could have a look for it online or in a game shop that sells old games.
    « Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 03:24:27 PM by SiLeNtDo0m » Logged

flammable
    Black Cat
    Supreme Kitten

Deliverin' some bad luck

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2010, 02:36:48 PM »

Nah I don't have a PSP :-/
    But I heard that the game is also on Gamecube so I guess I could have a look for it online or in a game shop that sells old games.
    yesz do that, its an excellent game

Married Mai Self nvm

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: July 24, 2010, 03:48:41 PM »

Make the Neutral B Desparado from TvC?

Also make his Dash Attack a flying drop kick.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2010, 04:06:33 AM »

Make the Neutral B Desparado from TvC?

I was thinking of doing that actually for a Final Smash since it's very powerful but I just decided in the end to stick with something simple cuz I'm lazy XP

D1337
    Extreme Kitten

Time for tickles! >:3

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: July 25, 2010, 09:48:52 PM »

I would love to see his air dodges.

Also his RHK would prob function like Captain Falcon's Falcon kick.
    His down B confuses me. How does the player, better the yet the move set know when he is taking/giving damage? Its a good idea but it seems farfetch'd.

My Prize:
    chicken noodle soup that'll be all I see what you did there ...

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2010, 01:53:08 AM »

See Mr N's Shadow.  It's basically all about variables.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: